Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about the job Hun but don't let it put you off trying to get another one.
Hope you are ok xx

Jaly said:
Didn't get the job at the stationary shop, not overly fussed though, I have better things to spend my Saturdays doing although the money would've been nice! :p Time to get applying elsewhere I suppose!

You were too clever for that job anyway :)

Sorry to hear about the stationary job but as others have said I am sure something much better will come your way soon enough.

Food looking very good and healthy this week. Is the lurgy still in retreat? I

If you're doing difficult A levels I'd be wary of getting a job, just my opinion. I had a job during them and the pressure to do extra shifts etc really isn't something you need, one of my managers once said my job there was more important than my education (?????). I was predicted A*AA but ended up with AAB doing endless shifts, it's so easy because you enjoy the money but if you want the top grades you don't really need that extra pressure so count it as a blessing! haha :)

Don't worry about the job!!! Something better will crop up! It's hard getting a job especially due to age. As so many adults are out of work and you have competition from people who have done that sort of work before. But at some point the interviewer will see your potential and give you a chance.

I interviewed some people this week. It was part exam and part interview and it is done on a score system. 2 people got the same score and I picked the younger lad who never had the experience. He just showed so much promise. If he scored the same as someone who has been doing a similar job for years then that counts for something I think.

Did you decide about the tooth? I have nightmares about loosing my front tooth. How long will the tooth last once you get the new one?

How are you feeling now emotionally? I don't get as much chance a I would like to catch up with you. But the last time I caught up you were struggling. I just hope your okay! Hugs!

If you're doing difficult A levels I'd be wary of getting a job, just my opinion. I had a job during them and the pressure to do extra shifts etc really isn't something you need, one of my managers once said my job there was more important than my education (?????). I was predicted A*AA but ended up with AAB doing endless shifts, it's so easy because you enjoy the money but if you want the top grades you don't really need that extra pressure so count it as a blessing! haha :)

Yeah I agree! Thinking about looking for something temporary over Christmas maybe and then I won't have the pressure during my exam period - thank you so much for popping in!

Don't worry about the job!!! Something better will crop up! It's hard getting a job especially due to age. As so many adults are out of work and you have competition from people who have done that sort of work before. But at some point the interviewer will see your potential and give you a chance.

I interviewed some people this week. It was part exam and part interview and it is done on a score system. 2 people got the same score and I picked the younger lad who never had the experience. He just showed so much promise. If he scored the same as someone who has been doing a similar job for years then that counts for something I think.

Did you decide about the tooth? I have nightmares about loosing my front tooth. How long will the tooth last once you get the new one?

How are you feeling now emotionally? I don't get as much chance a I would like to catch up with you. But the last time I caught up you were struggling. I just hope your okay! Hugs!

I'm not really too fussed tbh Purple :p Experience is a big thing indeed but, I'm sure something will come along :)

I'm too young for anything permanent toothwise anyway - I have to have a removable denture until I'm at least 18 as my jaw is still growing etc :(

Feeling much more stable emotion-wise, think it was just a brief phase, I'm much better now, thank you! I hope you're okay too! *hugs* :)

Well, just got back from Zumba! Found it a bit more energetic than last week even though most of the songs were the same, I think it's because I was tired before I went tbh :p Enjoyed it though. I don't suppose any of you ladies have any fundraising ideas for the pantomime? We need money for costumes/props/set etc and haven't got too much time to do so!

So glad it's the weekend! Got loads of work to do but in a major 'can't be bothered' mood :p Need to eat more before bed too!

Breakfast: Natural yog, 1/2 banana, berries, 1 tsp grape nut cereal
Morning: Nectarine
Lunch: Apple, Pasta in tomato sauce
Afternoon: SF mango and passionfruit jelly
Dinner: Breaded fish (yummy) with peas and carrot + swede mash
Dessert: Cherry muller light
Evening: Pear, Apple + blueberry porridge (yummy!) Fab ice lolly

1350cal - alright, perhaps a bit low but i'm really sleepy! No exercise plans for tomorrow and going out for lunch, so!

Last edited:
Got a nice chilled out day today :) Going shopping with my Grandad for a new dress for my uncle's wedding, birthday presents and a kettle (random, I know!)

Hope everybody has a lovely weekend!

Breakfast: Pear, 1/3 banana, Porridge
Morning: Apple
Lunch: Chicken, bacon + cheese panini, 1 chip :p
Afternoon: Sugar-free jelly, Nectarine, Satsuma
Dinner: Pork chop, Baby potatoes, Carrots, Peas
'Dessert': Cherry yoghurt
Supper: Teacake with flora
Drinks: Water, Ribena light, Coke zero

Last edited:
Fundraising ideas:

Sponsored....:Zumbathon/Walk/Jump out a plane/ run

Sell .....at a local event. Cakes??

Ask local businesses to fund you in return for advertising in the pantomime programme.

Ask local dance schools/drama schools about costumes/props you can borrow in return advertise their service.

Obviously ticket sales....

...sorry if they are lame ideas. But I do think asking local businesses to find you in return for them being a sponsor is a good idea. Gets their name out there at your shows.

Glad Zumba was more fun. I haven't done it for several months, might have to book in for a the sunday morning class at some point. It was quite good fun.

Food looking very healthy, but looks like you might need to up the calories a bit, maybe adding some fruit juice into your routine?

Have fun shopping and feel free to share the pictures of the dress :) We are ALL about the vicarious shopping!

The panini sounds gorgeous! Yum! Nothing wrong with that at all. Dress sounds fab too. I very much like anything glittery or sparkly. Do we get pictures??

I saw a cute white summer dress in republic. with like daisy flower things on for £10 bargain. But had to tell myself it was winter and by next year I probably wouldnt like it. Did see lots of sparkly black dresses. You should show us the link!

Did you enjoy the shopping?

And stealing chips from someone elses plate always taste nicer :D

Jaly said:
Found a black sequined maxi dress - sale on in Republic! :) They are fab ideas Purple, will keep them in mind!

Not so healthy today atomic! Chicken, cheese and bacon panini for lunch (stole a chip from my Grandad too!) :p

Panini yum yum - do you have a picture of the dress? Xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back