JanD (Another) New Year (Another) New Start :o)) x

Thanks Bev - I hope so!!

WI this morning saw me at 11st 5.4lbs ... that's up 0.6 from last monday but down 0.4 from friday! ..... ?! x

Feeling a little more positive .... a friend of mine ... well an acquaintance .... well someone else who goes to my art class actually ... ;) gave up smoking on Sunday and it suddeny clicked with me ..... I KNOW how hard that is coz I did it 12 years ago. I've been feeling for her all the way and have given her loads of supportive things - like chamomile teas, massagers, bath stuff, candles, and angel brooch, a 'lean on me' support card etc etc - knowing how hard it is and how you need to find other things to relax than the cup of tea and the fag you've been used to. But I suddenly realised - if she can do that ... as I did 12 years ago ... then surely I can stick to this better than i have been doing!!! I'd far rather be doing this than have to do that again!!!
Since then I've been great foodwise ... have to say I HAVE had a few voddies though :( xxx (FGS!!!!) xxx

Jan, seriously don't beat yourself up over the voddies!!! If that helps you keep on track with the rest of it on your days off then so be it :) its something ya look forward and its not like your going on a massive alcohol binge every night off is it! :giggle:

So are you 'shaking' it too? xx

Errrrm ..... "its not like your going on a massive alcohol binge every night off is it! :giggle:..... " isnt it???? ;) Lol

Well I'm sort of TFRing - ja know what? I dunno what the heck I'm doing at the mo!!!! :( xx HaHaHa xx

:giggle: well, whatever you're doing your feeling positive so it can only be a good thing :) xxx

As it seems to be at work I've been struggling most the last few weeks I've decided this rota to bring some food. I've got roast beef, chicken, 2 boiled eggs and a couple of pickles. Fingers crossed this does me better than a mrb. :)

S'very quiet around here inni'? :eek: xx

:fingerscrossed: for you chick :)
Tis very quiet round here :(
Are you guna become a grandma again Jan??
Saw a scan pic on fb wasn't sure whether it was one of your kids having another bubba xx

Yeah ... well sort of - my step-daughter is pregnant again. We were told a few weeks ago but as she lost 2 last year - well again, sort of - the second time there wasn't actually anything there but I guess she still felt the same loss eh! So she said she wasn't telling anyone till about 4 months this time .... apparently that's changed to 9 or 10 weeks. Fingers crossed :) It'd be noce if it was a little girl after 5 grandsons but again only sort of because if she's as spoilt and brattish as her brother I'll see as little of her as i do now of him (my choice believe me!) so it won't really make any difference. Though maybe I'll have a chance to enjoy her till she gets to that stage!
Having said all that the 'brother' Zack, is coming to stay tomorrow night as his Mum & Dad AND the usual babysitters - ie her Mum & step-dad, are all going to a 'do'. Fortunately though I'm working tonight and tomorrow night so John's not picking him up till 5pm, is going to take him to Burger King or somewhere on the way back so I'm hoping it'll be close enough to his bedtime by the time they get to ours for him not to bug me too much. Then it'll just be breakfast on Sunday morning & I'll be off to bed. I know I'm horrible but he really is a little brat! xx

That last post really made me laugh Jan!! My mum talks about my niece the same way. She's only7 but acts about 15! She's such a little madam and really annoying to be around cos she gets away with so much that she shouldn't! Spoilt, definitely!!

Good idea to take food with you to your shift instead of a mrb, if you need something more substantial then you should have it.

Oh there's nothing worse than a spoiled brat in my book! I always resolve to 'chill' and not let it get to me as there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I always end up getting irritated though. This morning he'd had his breakfast - and an apple, and asked me for a biscuit so I opened a packet (whereas with ANY of the other grandkids I'd have said 'you've had enough for now' but I just knew he'd create and tell his mother how I'd deprived him ... you know what I mean! ) and he said 'actually I think I'd prefer some sweets' to which I said (well, probably snapped if the truth be told :eek:) 'well tough - these are open now!' & he took one and walked away.
LOL! Reading that back it sounds so petty - just a small example though.

Ah well!

I'm sleeping at Mum's tomorrow (monday day) as we're having a carpet fitted, so I won't be able to get weighed when I get up - have to leave it till tuesday xx

Haha! I hate kids that act like spoilt little brats so I don't blame you for the way you feel about him!

I hope the new one doesn't turn out like that but do enjoy the baby whilst there is no back chat or cheekiness!

Have you been shaking this week sweet? Think your weigh in will go ok?xx

I've been shaking and high proteining but still flippin' picking as well!! Bit fed up with myself - but then I think I just have to ride this out - whatever 'this' is ... it's just taking a bloomin' long time :( ... not thinking wi will be great :( xx

I know what u mean about the picking jan, I've been good in work all day (had 2 shakes and small Atkins bar) then came home started to cook my chicken and veg and picked at slices of ham and mix fruit and nuts... And just had more mix fruit and nuts again so I've taken myself to bed to get away from it :(

Oh hell - tell me about it!! I've said what I'm like in your thread ... really fed up with myself .... so of course I'm drowning my sorrows ;) x

It's so difficult - isn't it Jan?! I'm really going to give it a proper go after Saturday - really need to lose weight by sept but don't want to wait until last min cos I know I won't get to the weight I want...
I know what u mean about "waisting" exante shakes - thats why I'm refusing so by anything other than asda shakes at the moment cos they are only 95p lol

We'll get there in the end!

We certainly will!! By hook or by crook!!! ;)

What are the Asda shakes like?? Are they powder or ready made ones?

I finally got weighed this morning - yesterday I didn't wake up early enough - the carpet fitter was back and fitting new vinyl in the bathroom by the time I came to LOL! I was trapped in the bedroom for AGES! Anyway this morning showed a small loss of 1.4lbs - better than nothing I suppose :) x

Its still a loss Jan :)

Asda shakes are nice (ready made - around 211kcals) but me and lee have not really been losing any weight with them :( so from Monday I'm doing slim and save (and Lee is joining me)

1.4lbs is fab Jan, well done :) xxx

Thanks Guys :)

Those shakes wouldn't be any good for me then Sarah coz I have mine like mousse with just a small amount of water. Nice that Lee is joining you - that'll help you I'm sure :) Let me know what their shakes are like :D x

I've actually had a good couple of days! Go me! ;) IF I've picked I've had high protein only .... better late than never I suppose :) x

Back