JanD (Another) New Year (Another) New Start :o)) x

Hope Jury service goes well Jan x

Still sticking to the high protein though I did have me wine last night and some v&cs today :eek:

Excuse my ignorance but what are v&cs??? lol

Well I nearly got there!!! Got called in the very first lot this morning, got taken up to the jury room, sat there for 3/4 of an hour then got taken back down as they weren't ready for us. Given 2hr lunch & told we'd be taken back up at 2pm. Just before 3 we were called to the desk & told the trials been put off to a later date so I'm back in the 'pool'. Fingers crossed that wasn't my only chance!!!

Wi this morning gain of 4.6lbs making me 11st3lbs :( reckon i lost about 5lbs in the last 10 days or it would have been that much worse!!
Now the slog begins to lose the other 16lbs in 8 wks..... Fingers crossed:) xx

Last edited:
How disappointing to get so close and not get in. Better luck for tomorrow Jan.

Well done on the loss in the last few days, nice to draw it back a little. You can do it and I am right here with you. I want to lose at least a stone before Mull of Kintyre in March.

Lets set to together then Mary!! :) xx

Still here, still waiting :(

Had yoghurt & oat bran for breakie a boiled egg about 11.30 and then smoked salmon, ham, a few pickles & a gherkin for lunch. I've got another boiled egg with me if I want something later.

I've read the free newspaper you get on the train, done some sudokos, read my kindle, played on my DS & sorted out my expenses .... ****twiddles thumbs**** :) xx

OMG, what a long day for you Jan. I guess I was one of the really lucky ones who got into the first trial, unfortunately it was over in 2 days though :(

Ooo I wouldn't mind one going over a few days ... hell I wouldn't mind ANY one! I just hope I'm not in a position (as was someone I spoke to yesterday) whereby I do NOTHING this week only to get called for a long one next week coz i wouldn't be able to do it! I've had dire warnings about going over the 2 weeks from work!

What I can't believe is how flipping tired I am!! I'm walking to the station in the morning .. 10 mins (?) walking to the court from the station - 5mins (?) Today I went out in the lunch hour to a couple of shops and walked the long way round and because we got out at 3.40 I went further into town and went to Marks and then walked back here from the station. Actually having written that down it's more than I thought :). I think what's REALLY tiring though is the constantly being on stand-by. You can't completely relax because you have to be ready to jump up and go if your name is called. I've got quite good at sussing out the system now though and where to sit so I can see what's going on .... the only thing about THAT is I'm mentally preparing myself every time I see they're about to call a list - I'd probably be better taking no notice ;)

Ah well ... it'll be whatever it's gonna be .... I'm having an early night tonight -Oh YEAH! That won't have helped - I was awake from 4am this morning - dropping off again just as the alarm was about to go off - oh I feel better about that now - p'raps I'm not quite as old and decrepit as I thought :)

Are there many courts where you did yours Mary? There's 22 in Liverpool - apparently it's the biggest in the country - make of that what you will ;) There's literally hundreds of us there! xx

Not got a clue Jan, all I know is there was more than one, and it was between 2 different buildings. Crown Court and another Court, both in Swansea.

Quite an energetic day for you, plus the lack of sleep, no wonder you are tired - hopefully you will get a good sleep tonight, have a night-cap ;)

Oh well IF you absolutely insist!! Is that as well as the wine? ;) :p xx

Well there's actually a big long list of replies to 'why not' .... but hey ... ;) xxx

Hope you got a good night's sleep and shame about not getting in on the jury service.

I wrote a HUGE long post this afternoon .... whilst doing yet more hanging around :eek: but for some reason my phone couldn't upload it :(

Still no court action unfortunately. I was talking to a woman today who's husband has done it twice and never got called once!!

I know the way they do things is so that the jury is completely randomly selected but I have to say - as we're randomly selected from the electoral role I don't see that it would hurt to make sure everybody has a turn so they don't feel their time has been completely wasted. I mean some people there have been called 4 and 5 times - okay not always sat, as I was called on Monday and didn't, but nevertheless .... ah well, it'll be whatever it's meant to be, still keeping those fingers crossed :) xx

Ofgs!!! :( ... I finally get called & can't serve coz the police in the case are from the same station as my son GRRRRR!!!!! Just the fact of him being in the police might stop any chance :(:(:( xx

I wish you'd crossed your fingers a bit sooner Bev I've got one now :)) x

Glad you got a case Jan. Hope you enjoyed it. When are you back at work?x

How are you finding it Jan? xx

Back