JanD's dietchef diary

hey everyone - i dont except the way i look , i meant like you just put up with it, its like you know what you are gonna see in the mirror and you just get in a rut!! god im soooo bad at explaining myself!!! i am tired though today as my lil one has croup and my eldest never had it so last night was woke up to him making seal like noises scared the s**t out of me! and hence didnt go sleep as was paranoid. hope everyone is well my WI is thurs so ill let you know im running out of the foods i like and cant wait reorder to just choose the ones i like!! kelfie xx

Hi Caroline - my WI is wed. Strangely enough i have a headache today - I've had 2 lots of tablets and it's still there :( Hope yours has gone!

I have someone coming for a Reiki treatment so will plaster on big smile and get on with it.

Yeah headache gone thanks :) It's the late night that did it. Not one to take pills but when needs must!

Kelfie - probably me rushing my reading and not getting the right angle. Oh no, I thought that the croup had been conquered :( Those seal like noises are normal with croup - my nephew was really bad as a baby and it's a frightening noise and so loud - who'd have thought babies have such big lungs! On the other hand, they don't half cry loud too. *hugs*

Kelfie, I'm sorry I must have misunderstood you ... apologies ... **slaps wrists and resolves to read posts better in future**

As I've said before I know what it's like to have croupy kids - and it can be really terrifying. It might sound daft but someone said to me once "you shouldn't worry that you can hear their breathing .... it proves that they are" small comfort I know but it DID help me.

Hang on in there - it WILL pass.

Caroline, glad your headache cleared up, mine went during the Reiki session - I never think of treating myself but it always helps if I happen to be treating someone else .....

Have had granola with yoghurt and soup and a sm banana. I've also done a teensy weensy bit of exercise today - if my swimming lesson counts .... weeeeeeeel, it's a start :);)

Good evening everyone ! I have already had my usual mad day and so I am winding down with you guys! Seems to be doing the trick! I weigh in tomorrow and I am really looking forward to moving my ticker - if I can work out how! We have just got through the croup Kelfie - I also find the stridor sound really scary and the barking cough - luckily we didn't need the hospital this time as he coped well and didn't seem to struggle with his breathing even though he sounded awful and we got very little sleep. I always put them in our bed when they are ill so I can keep a really close eye on them - but I am a real worrier! Night 2 of croup(from experience) always seems to be the worst. Oh I sound all doom and gloom. 2 of the boys ended up in hospital when they were 2 years old i have sussed out how bad they need to be now but is horrible.......:(
DC going well but I am eating too much fruit........... Oh well ! My BMI is quite high so it may slow me down a bit......Only time will tell!

hey everyone - my lil sister had croup when she was a baby she was seriously ill in a ventilation tent!! but i didnt really pay much attention as i was 7 when she was born and when your a kid you just dont take much attention - that sounds bad but must of been whisked to grandparents as dont really remember that much apart from her going to hospital a chubby 3 mth old and coming out scrawny should see her now she has size 8 feet and is 5ft 10 so she is perfectly fine.
i have seriously fallen off the wagon with a BIG bang i have just had a cheeseburger and piece of choc cake - i am angry with myself but its done now i think the fact that i am due on doesnt really help the situation back on again 2moz so seriously dreading my WI might just get on wii fit to be weighed and not look!!! hope everyone doing well kelfie xx

I vaguely remember my brother getting hospitalised 'cause of asthma when he was 2/3, I got whisked off to my grandparents too - can remember visiting him once in hospital and I took him his favourite flavour of the yoghurts we used to like, they had pictures of monsters on them lol Apart from that I can just remember being spoiled to take my mind off m'mum and dad being occupied with him, I got sick eating dodgy circus food then got ferried around chester zoo the next day and blackpool aswell lol

*touches wood* My son's never had anything other than a bad cold thus far (he's nearly 7) which is amazing considering his fussy diet with no fruit or veg lol

Oof anyway Jan - meant to ask what reiki is? I'd follow the link but I'm lazy, specially at this time of night :p

isnt reiki like a healing where you touch different pressure points?? i know its expensive to do a course in it, as my mum looked into doing a course a while back but the cost and awkward times etc put her off. ive never had out like that done only had spray tans, and my fav crystal clear treatment which is very good its like buffing your skin and gets rid of all dead cells, spots etc. oh and i had a body wrap too.

Reiki is a hands-on healing technique. It's not about beauty treatments and it doesn't use pressure points (though lots of other therapies do) It's about realigning misaligned life-force energy, balancing chakras and accelerating the body's own healing processes. It's a lovely, gentle, relaxing therapy, full of 'feel-good' factor (but of course I'm biased! ;))

Kelfie - I bet you still get a loss!!! :)

Mn, when I get smaller and more confident in myself I wouldn't mind trying those sort of therapies out, or just a basic massage or something lol I love doing yoga for relaxation and stuff but I think I've got trust issues or something as wouldn't want to even get a facial at this point. I've only ever been to the hairdressers once that I can recall when I was about 13 as feel weird about strangers touching my head and never know what to ask for lol

But thinking I'm gonna aim to get to hairdressers in a month or so, maybe set it as a 17st mark goal or something, though it might be more of an ordeal than a reward lol what am I like:8855:

It's been ages since I had a facial or any type of massage therapy. Wouldn't mind having a spa day as one of my rewards.

Sneaked on scales this morning and am heading for a gain this week :( .... my own fault - time I stopped messing about.

Had granola with blueberries and yoghurt this morning, then went to take Mum (82) shopping and do a few chores for her. My order had arrived from Look What We Found (I have everything sent there as she's always in) I had the honey & parsnip soup for lunch. Jury's out, I didn't like it at first then it sort of grew on me a bit. I'm glad I only ordered 2 and I don't think I'd order it again.
So I finally have the sausage casserole to try, which I'm having later, I also got some of the rabbit to see what thats like too. Nice to have a few different things ... I don't want to go down the route of supermarket ready meals because I don't think the quality is the same and I don't think they'd fill me up as much.

Hope you've all had a good day!

Last edited:
*hugs* I'm sure you can claim any gain back and have a great loss next week. Who knows, maybe the story will be different tomorrow.

Ooh rabbit, lovely - yum //drool//

Hope so!! Glad to know the rabbit's nice too!! :)

Hello everyone! Have 5 mins - at my ma's - children on wii mariokart and I have logged on her computer but just to let you all know I have done 10 lbs in one week of DC. Jan you will get back on track - start from now and you may be be able to turn it around by SW weigh in!
I will pop back on line later! To catch up with everyone!

WOW! Go Laura go! lol That's amazing :D Hope you're feeling very pleased with yourself missus! x

WOW!!!! Fantastic!!! Well done you!!! You've inspired me to get back on track 100%!!

The sausage casserole was really yummy btw!!!!

Back