January 2009 - Starters

That's brilliant news WG :clap:

May the preparation commence!!! Good luck :flowers:

So glad to hear that WG! Very happy for you - just think of this time next week!

It's nice that a lot of us seem to be starting next week, and the week after. Can really all support each other through this.

Maybe we can all meet up and do the race for life together :whacky068: What do you think guys?

That actually sounds like a great idea. Although its all about the ligistics!!!

Oh yes, got to think about travel. I'm sure we could suss out the best palce for everyone. I know they do them generally on weekends so at least people won't have to rush to get home. I know we have a few in Leeds. I was trying to get a group together to do one at York racecourse because it is easier due to the fact that it is on grass and it's flat!!! At least it's something to aim for. I can keep an eye on the website and find out when it is running from.

Just 40 more boring minutes at work. Yippee!!!

I did the race for life 5 years ago and ran about 3/4 of the way - but it was up and down hill. Leeds racecourse sounds great! Are you thinking of doing it 2009?
daisy x

im confirmed for the 7th!woohoo!!!!!!

its all go for us all now, really pleased you got in westie girl!!!!!!!!

i had to go to go and take back some things from xmas today, and also had to return a purse i was bought to river island, the long que did me the world of good, i just stood and dribbled at the gorge clothes in there, more motivation!!!

i think i will start to cut down my food intake from the weekend?? or do you think thats too late??? i wont have my first shake untill the 8th will i?? so that will be 4/5 days prep!!!!!!

I'm glad we're all gearing up for the start now. I'm so pleased to have a confirmed date.

Being honest now, last time (and every time since where I did CD) I didn't cut back at all before starting and was truly and honestly fine. I can't say that it will be the same for everyone or that I'm advocating the last supper mentality, but just to say that don't get worked up so much because it isn't necessarily as bad as you are told (IMO anyway).

All that matters is sticking it out through the first few days (because I did feel hunger, even if I didn't have headaches etc) and it gets better by the day - promise :D

Just had a call from the LLC.

I START MONDAY AT 8PM :D:D:D:D:D:D

She said she had 1 spot left. Looks like we're in the same group afterall Sharon!!!

I'm so excited - I can't wait :D:D:D:D:D:D
YIPPEEE!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):)

There are generally 2 races in Leeds at Temple Newsam Park and Roundhay Park.York Racecourse is the best because it is flat whereas the parks are quite hilly and sometimes on dirt tracks!!! I'm sure we can sort something out closer to the time.

I am so jelous of all you people that are starting next week. My mum is starting on Wed 7th and me on Tues 13th. It seems a lifetime away. Although I am going to need to start cutting back on my food and start drinking more water otherwise I will have another half a stone on by then. I know I can really count my last bad food day as Sat 3rd Jan as my OH is taking me for a curry as it is my bday on Mon 5th Jan. So fingers crossed my weight stays the same.

Just out of interest, has anyone else tried any other diets? I know that is a silly question, but what were your thoughts on them?

ive tried WW and SW, neither did much for me, i just cant get the balance right, i either want to eat too much or too little, so i figured it was prob best to do one i dont have to eat on at all!!!!.

i know ive not started yet but i do feel this is the one for me, i think i am going to learn a lot about myself and am looking forward to retraining my self.

I did calorie counting years ago and was really successful on that until life stresses got in the way and I stopped counting. Never got beyond 13 stone though.

I did WW for a long time too, again, really successful, again life stresses got in the way, and again, no lower than 13 stone!

Tried SW for a few weeks and couldn't get into it.

I've also tried hypnosis, the No Diet Diet, Beyond Chocolate (Intuitive Eating) and a million other things.

The only thing that worked was LL. I did it, I got to goal and it was fantastic. The trouble is that I couldn't follow the most important part - reintroducing food.

I believe all of us on here can do it - I know we can! It's just important that we support each other :D:D:D

I have too tried WW (for around 3 months) and SW (for even less), and had some semi-success - but again, just couldn't get on with them!

Also done slimfast on about 20 different occasions, lose half a stone and put it back on.

Calorie counting/lots of exercise (and I mean 2 1/2 hours a day no exception) earlier this year and it took nearly 6 months to lose half a stone, then I hurt my hip badly, and have been awaiting hospital referrel for theother 6 months - and as soon as I stopped excercising weight came on.

I truly feel the "break" from food is the only way I can completely challenge my issues with food.

I AM doing this diet, and it IS going to work because I WILL make it work for me.

I did weight watchers for 3 n half years and lost 16.5lb in 3months. But then I went on holiday and put on 4 and then it just went constantly up and down for the rest of the time.

Then I completely gave up dieting as I moved house and so I decided to go for a change in diet too. I then started Slimming world. I have been doing that for just over 2 years and lost up to 3 n half stone.I was doing really well.I was into the 14's which I have not been in since i met my OH 7 years ago.I really did like the diet so much I was even thinking of becmoning a Slimming world consultant.
Then I went on hols in Sept and when I came back just never got out of holiday mode. With my sister doing Lighter Life I decided that it must be the best thing for me to do to do. I went to the info sesh at the beginning of Nov but was told i couldn't start until the new year as she had no groups starting. I was a bit gutted but tyhen again I wanted to enjoy xmas. Which I have done 100% and more!!! I still have 2 stone off but I have got another 5 at least to loose.

The thing i liked about SW is that it does help you eat healthy unlike WW. But like most people wanting to do lighter life, it's ok knowing what you should eat but whether you choose the right thing is a different matter altogether!! That's why I need LL as it takes the choice away from you so that you can find other ways to deal with emotional problems other than eating.

Sorry to ramble on a bit, I do find I get a bit carried away. Well at least it means I am not eating while typing this!!!

I've done WW (no good for me, lived on free soup and didn't lose), SW several times (each time I lost 10% - the recommended goal - then lost the willpower) and Atkins/low carb which was very impressive initially but I felt so ill and sluggish.
None of them tackled my emotional eating and addiction, and I'm really hoping that this will be the main benefit of LL Foundation. And I really feel I'm in the right mindset now to go all the way, rather than "lose a bit of weight". I've told my mum and my two closest friends about LL, and so far they seem supportive. I'm dreading telling my ex (we have a lot of contact because of the little one, which usually involves me cooking dinner, so he won't be happy!). I'm not working at the moment, so I don't have colleagues to deal with, except for one day voluntary work.

I can't wait to stop eating now, I'm thoroughly sick of all the food left in the house and I'm being a terrible mother, handing out sweets and cake at every opportunity! And I never thought I'd actually groan at finding another box of chocolates under the tree as I did last night!

S.x

ive just spent the morning sorting the kitchen cuboards out! there will be nothing in the house apart form what is needed to feed hubby and the kids, they have all agreed no snacky food or junk is in the house after jan 1st! im hoping this will help us all out!!!!!!!!

i lost alot of weight in '07, but since have put it all and more back on, im the biggest ive ever been even when i was pregnant i was 2 stone lighter than now!

i spoke to the LLC this morning and she had a little pep talk, i know its going to be hard but its gonna be so worth every second!!!!!!

ive just spent the morning sorting the kitchen cuboards out! there will be nothing in the house apart form what is needed to feed hubby and the kids, they have all agreed no snacky food or junk is in the house after jan 1st! im hoping this will help us all out!!!!!!!!

i lost alot of weight in '07, but since have put it all and more back on, im the biggest ive ever been even when i was pregnant i was 2 stone lighter than now!

i spoke to the LLC this morning and she had a little pep talk, i know its going to be hard but its gonna be so worth every second!!!!!!

It will be hard, but once you get a routine it gets easier - promise! And it is definately worth it :D

I am so jelous of all you people that are starting next week. My mum is starting on Wed 7th and me on Tues 13th. It seems a lifetime away. Although I am going to need to start cutting back on my food and start drinking more water otherwise I will have another half a stone on by then. I know I can really count my last bad food day as Sat 3rd Jan as my OH is taking me for a curry as it is my bday on Mon 5th Jan. So fingers crossed my weight stays the same.
Perhaps with your birthday at the beginning of January, it's as well you have an extra week - don't be too hard on yourself before the 6th! And it's only a few days longer to wait before your start your journey - we're just clearing the path for you!:D

Ive done WW and SW on and off for the last 15 years.
the only time it 'worked' was when I was also going to the gym x5 a week.

Ive struggled all my life - I went to WW as a kid with my mum.

I ve lost my way with food - I know what to eat but i feel so muddled/fed up I'm hoping that by taking away all choice for a few months I can start from square one - a 'square' I'll never reach on a 'slow' diet.

On WW particularly I made awful choices - using points up on chocolate and WW snacks - stuff I would never really eat eg eclairs just because I 'could'.

Every diet I spend all my time looking for ways to cheat and reward myself - hopefully LL will put a stop to that!

daisy x

Back