January 2009 - Starters

Ha anyone else found that they are slimmer than their counsellor? I was a bit shocked to start with but apparently she has lost 4 stone and is taking a month off before losing another 4.

I've not met mine yet, but at least if they are on the journey they can relate to what you're going through :)

I think i'm about the same as my LLC.

I don't think they have to be or have been on the journey do they? My impression was that these were more counsellers, rather than people having been on the journey a la CD.

But yes, I didn't ask whether my counseller was doing it - as I thought - if she wasn't I'm basically insulting her!

Yes, you wouldn't want to cause offence! I'm glad mine mentioned her journey - I think I'd find it harder with a counsellor who was heavier than me but not addressing their weight. Does that sound weird?

No, not all LLCs have been on the journey themselves. It is marketed as a business opportunity in some publications, but they do have to follow a quite intense set of training modules which are accredited. I think my LLC hasn't done LL, but was in the NHS previously (Sharon might know more because I think she's met her).

I did apply to become an LLC and got past the first interview day before having to pull out for the same reasons I didn't complete my LL journey and there was a wide variety of people at that day, from a diverse set of backgrounds.

Hi
Mine is def bigger than me - and I admit I did find it a bit strange. I was 'expecting' a slim, glam woman - a bit like the WW and SW ones I've had in the past!
Thinking about it tho, they always intimidated me slightly as they seemed a bit too good to be true and a bit patronising 'look at me, i've done it, why can't you' sort of thing.
So maybe it is good that the LL one is not like that!
daisy x

Thanks a lot to all the advice above.:):)
I am sorry, still haven't got the hang of all the names yet. I am not very good at this.:eek::eek:
As advised(anaphylactic,-- are you Anna??) my shakes have been a lot better now with the stick blender and coffee stirrer that I bought today.:)

I am on my third day today and have felt hungry, nauseaous and also had some pain in my tummy. :sigh::sigh:

I suppose this is all part of it but how long does it take to go into ketosis??:confused:
And how do you all do this at work, without anybody else noticeing it??:confused:
I don't want people at work to know as I as all I have done so fa is start and fail with other diets.

Also--are self stirring mugs any good??

Thanks in advance.
sukhi
xx
sukhi

Hi Sukhi, welcome! I'm new to this forum stuff myself and am not set up properly and still finding it difficult to navigate my way round too!
I start lighter life on Tuesday and i cant wait - I've never tried anything this radical before but am totally geared up for it.
R the shakes and soups ok? Some people say they like them but i have never liked slimfast or anything so I hope i get on ok with it. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that they are just going to be a necessity but not a pleasure!
I dont want anyone at work to know either - what are these self stirring mugs and do you know where I can get one? Or maybe the soups would be better at work or do they take a lot of stirring too?

Hi Sukhi, welcome! I'm new to this forum stuff myself and am not set up properly and still finding it difficult to navigate my way round too!
I start lighter life on Tuesday and i cant wait - I've never tried anything this radical before but am totally geared up for it.
R the shakes and soups ok? Some people say they like them but i have never liked slimfast or anything so I hope i get on ok with it. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that they are just going to be a necessity but not a pleasure!
I dont want anyone at work to know either - what are these self stirring mugs and do you know where I can get one? Or maybe the soups would be better at work or do they take a lot of stirring too?

Hello JazzyB,
Tuesday start, how exciting is that.:):) Its also the first time I have started something that radical myself too.
I started on the 1st of january and it is the 3rd today. Nothing awful so far.
So far I am liking the soups they are easy to make and are tasty.
The shakes are a bit tricky but as said you get the hang of it.
I am hoping to take my battery operated stirrer to work, put the shake in the mug and some cold water, mix it in my room and then take it to the kitchen, put some coffee in it, hot water and mix it with a normal spoon and sweetener and nobody should no.:) My LLC says I could take the soups in a tupperware container(small one) and you could then say that it is something homemade(mum/grandmum), but I am hoping to get more support,help and tips here.
NB--take a sample of the flavours and see what you fancy as said before people have dfferent taste, so far I don't like the rasberry and the choclate shakes.

I am still working on the self stirring mugs myself(have a look on ebay and you will get an idea)

God luck.
sukhi

hi sansukh and jazzy!

im counting down the hours for my start on thursday!!!!!!!!

im not sure how long it will take for your body to go into ketosis but i think its normally for most about 3 days, is this the first day you have started to feel a bit poorly sansukh??? im kind of expecting to feel a bit crappy for a week or so! then hopefully it will be much better!!!!

This is starting to feel insanely real now.... wow.

And I also had my last cigarette last night. Thinking I may try to abandon this and give up in May after LL!

Hi guys

Missed this so I'll try and answer a few of the questions.

It depends on the person how long it takes to get into ketosis. Usually 3-5 days.

I'm not sure about hiding it from workmates. Last time I told them, this time in my new job, I'm not going to. However it won't be long until they notice the weightloss so we might all have to come clean :D

Stirring mugs - never tried them - as a gadget freak I might have to investigate!!!

Jazzy, the shakes and soups are ok. Can take a bit of getting used to but you will find your favourite flavours and stick to them - but be aware your tastes change and you find you come to hate ones you loved in the beginning and vice versa. IMO I'm not sure soups would be any better at mixing at work, but you have the added factor that you are trying to mix hot liquid. Unfortunately they don't dissolve as easily as a cup a soup!

Sukhi, did your LLC mean taking the soups already made up in the tupperware pot? Unless it's changed from when I did it originally you are supposed to have a pack within 15 minutes of making it otherwise the vits and mins deteriorate. :confused:

EmVeg, not sure whether giving up smoking and doing LL all at once is a good idea - certainly don't put any extra pressure on yourself!!!! Rome wasn't built in a day!

And finally Sukhi - well done on the 6lbs - imagine how much that's going to be by Wednesday :D:D:D

I weighed myself today( I know I shouldn't) and seem to have lost 6lb already. Cant wait till wednesday(my meeting with LLC) and put my total weightloss here after the first week.
:bliss:
Very naughty, sansukh! Still, you must feel encouraged by that - is that based on a pre-start reading on your own scales?

Can't wait till Monday's meeting and starting properly Tuesday...

Can't wait till Monday's meeting and starting properly Tuesday...

Me either - only 1 more sleep Sharon :D:D:D

I've got to print a map off today and make sure my Sat Nav is ok because I have absolutely no idea where I'm going lol, oh and also check the battery on my car is working coz it's been playing up :D:D:D

*bounces on the sofa*

We're doing it guys. We're making that first step. OH MY, we're doing it.

oohhh ladies can just feel the excitement in here!!!!!!!!!! its all very empowering!!!!!!!!!

i have afeeling that wednesday evening is going to take a age to get here!!!!!!!!

oh and a 6lb loss is fab!!!!!!!!:)

GGF - seems we're the Wednesday ladies. Think I'm going to be biting my lip reading some people first and second days on here!

Back