January 2009 - Starters

Well done on everyone sustaining their losses. So many now moving onto RTM it's great to see.

Susianna you have made the right choice for you. Get your health back and focus on understanding how to maintain where you are. You can always come back to LL or LLL to lose that last two stone once you are back to full health. xx

whoohoo - 4 off for me and I'm almost halfway which is tremendous.

Daisydoll - wk 17 -2lb off -48lbs total - 10 to go
Emveg - W14.5 - 5.5lb off - 58.5lb lost - 0lb to lose!!!
Foxtrot - Week 14 - 3lb - ....42.5lb from 56 lb to lose
JaneyB- wk5 RTM- 46lbs lost 4lb below target.
JazzyB W12 -3lbs off 49lbs lost 0lb to go
JessicaL - wk15 - 1lb off - 49lbs total - 17lb to go
Louale - W16 - 1.5 - 45.5total - 49lbs to lose
sansukh--wk14--3lbs off-41 total -1bs to go.
Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 1 - 4lbs - 97lbs total 7lbs under target !!!
SexyBecks1 - wk 14 - 5lb - 43lbs total -38lbs to loose
SIIM - wk 11 - 5.5lbs - 41lbs total -92lbs to lose
Susianna - wk 16 - 2.6lb- Total - 54.2lbs -28.6 to go
thin_inside - wk 15 - 4lbs off - 62 lbs total - 70lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 15 - 7lbs off - 53lbs total - 23lbs to lose

I'm glad you've made a decision Susianna, and the one that's best for your health. Like it's been said, you can always work on that last couple of stone when you're well enough.

TI - well done on 4lbs and almost being halfway there.

I'm back from first weigh in after starting Lite last week - 0.5lbs off, which I am actually pleased about. It's been a difficult week for me in many ways, and I haven't cheated, but have struggled with a complete change of routine from going to the ease of 4 packs to 3 packs and a meal. It's also been TOTM and I've had a tough time in work, which has resulted in my being signed off for 2 weeks from last Monday. I'm really proud to say that with all that's happened I've actually stayed on track :)

Louale - W16 - 1.5 - 45.5total - 49lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 15 - 7lbs off - 53.5lbs total - 23lbs to lose

Hi All,

Glad to see so many of your going on to RTM. Good luck to you Susianna, I think you have made the right decision for yourself.

2nd week on to developers for me and 3.5lbs for me this week. Not sure if I'm alone on this, but I do miss the closed group and the excitment of it all.

Louale - W17 - 3.5 - 49total - 45.5lbs to lose

louale
i am really missing the foundation group.
the ladies in developers are nice, but they all seem to lapse every week and the focus is on having a good day

....i sit there feeling a bit out of it as i always have good days, having never lapsed nor wanting to. I don't really say anything as i don't want to come across as being smug, but i'm genuinely not finding it hard (i'm sure there will come a time, but its not yet)

we read a poem this week - and it had absolutely no relevant meaning for me.

i just want to get out and on the RTM as fast as i can - which is taking longer than i had hoped as my weight has slowed to 2lbs a week for the last 3 weeks grrrrr!

i have 10 lbs more to go - so hopefully will be 4 weeks or less

fingers crossed
daisy x

Daisy I can sympathise. I haven't lapsed or even been seriously tempted to, but the rest of the group have. Several didn't even stay for the meeting last night! Mind you, I wished I had left early too as I left the meeting absolutely furious.

We had a standin for our normal LLC. I was the only person in the room who had not lapsed - including the standin LLC who told us she may be joining us as she has been on and off the programme and finding it hard to stick to.

One of the things that keeps me from lapsing is that I know how much I would struggle to regain abstinence if I did lapse. I have at least another five months of abstinence so it really is important I stick to this 100%. I will deal with the issue of eating gradually and at the right time during RTM.

Well, the LLC told me that my reason for sticking to the programme was Crooked Thinking and it is a self-fulfilling prophecy!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: I was outraged. Given I was the ONLY person in the room sticking to the programme.

Agghhhh. I will be having a word with my normal LLC next week. I think I kind of understand what she was trying to say - but actually it was very inappropriate and made me feel that she wanted me to lapse with everyone else.

The ladies who came through from Foundation with me were incensed on my behalf. I guess I'm lucky in that there are five of us from my original group so the support is still there.

I'm not surprised you were mad!

I too believe I have to stick to this 100% - every diet I have done before I have spent most of the time cheating!

If I lapse it will be very difficult for me. I am enjoying the food packs, i'm not hungry, its costing me £66 - why on earth would I want to lapse - but I feel everyone else in the group sees me as not normal.

I;m glad I feel so good about it otherwise it would be very easy to slip into their ways.

I'm thinking about the food i'm going to eat - but in a practical way - im using this time to plan my future around food and am looking forward to it.

You know you are doing it right. ignore the silly woman and stay strong!

daisy x

Sorry that you both are having a tough time in Developers. I think maybe LL need to have a rethink about how they deal with people after Foundation.

I am really glad I went on Lite instead of Developers. It's a new challenge, because like you Daisy, I find abstinence easy. I got a renewed sense of enthusiasm yesterday because the group were all new to LL and had big losses for their first week (more than my first week on full abstinence!) and I was sort of carried along with them :D

TI, I'd definately speak to your LLC about what was said to you. I'm glad you've still got a lot of your group with you though for the support.

Great to see the losses continuing but really sorry that a couple of you are struggling with new groups. This doesn't happen with the men as there are small numbers so only one group which changes ona regular basis. We have returners, brand new starters, developers, maintainers, RTM ers and Lite all in together which makes for some interesting meetings. This suits me (and I suspect men generally) as I don't feel the need for close support but the opportunity to share is worthwhile. At the start I was inspired by others, now the newbies say I am inspiring them - WIERD!

Anyway, end of week 2 on RTM and another 3-4lb (scales said 4 but we agreed to call it 3 (3.8), as I'm trying to slow the losses. Also brings the loss to a nice round 100lbs :)

Still happy to lose a few but don't want too much more or I'll be in danger of getting close to a BMI in the 'normal'/'healthy' range which as you know I don't feel is appropriate.

Great to see a few more moving to RTM now as well, it really is very different!!

Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 2 - 3lbs - 100lbs total 10lbs under target !!!

Last edited:
Well done on your decision Susianna you have done fantastically so far I should be very proud of yourself!

TI I bet you're over the moon at passing the half way point! I'm afraid if I had a councellor giving me the wrong message I would send one back direct to Lighter Life. This is not what they are trained for nor what you pay your money for (I know you are allegedly only paying for food packs but I think we know how the franchise works.)

Hi Westie, glad you're doing ok and staying on track. I've switched to the LLL this week and the scales said that I'm up 1.5lb BUT I did expect a little adjustment with the intake of the hard stuff, I haven't 'been' yet and my scales are now on carpet so I'm waiting for the WI on Sunday to give me a better picture.

Last edited:
Awww thank's for all your support guy's .... will still post here of course with how I'm doing!

Looks like we are all following our own routes on our LL journeys which is great as this all about what is right for us ... so wishing you all loads of luck on all the different paths we are on!

Hope things improve in the developers groups girls ...must admit mine was ok and most of us were completely absinent so no real talk about lapsing, TI I am gobsmacked at your LL stand in .... she clearly needs a bit more training!

Sean ... 100lb !!!!! OMG how fantastic is that ... go you! You have a weeks peace & quiet before I start bugging you on the RTM board!

x

Heyy everyone! Been in London all week with no personal interent access (expect for 20 minutes this morning where I posted my first food related panic on there :D )

Glad to here everything is going so well for everyone.

So proud of all of us :D

Daisydoll - wk 18 -2lb off -50lbs total - 8 to go
Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 2 - 3lbs - 100lbs total 10lbs under target !!!

Wow daisy, 50lb down 8lb to go that's some impressive stats you got there girl! Loving the avatar as well, you look like a princess :D

thanks ellie!
i was wondering where you had got to. how are things? are you still diet-cheffing?
daisy x

:) Yeah I'm on and off DC, when I feel like it I have it really... I'm mostly just calorie counting. It's going well, I'm almost down to my pre-glycogen weight when I finished LL! All good. I've still been reading the boards just not had so much time to post lately. Revision and all.

Nice to hear from you Ellie - glad to see its going well. Still on them rollerblades?

Hi everyone,

Wow aren't you all doing and looking fabulous?

I've just completed a week back on abstinence and lost 7lbs, so happy with that.

Sharon x

Hi everyone,

Wow aren't you all doing and looking fabulous?

I've just completed a week back on abstinence and lost 7lbs, so happy with that.

Sharon x

Wow ... 7lbs, what a great result Sharon, not suprised that you are happy with that!

Go girl!!

x

Back