January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

thanks pinky, i know it was better than i would normally have done. i think im beating myself up because day 3 is always the hardest and i was on day 4!! got to go through day 3 allover again....

thats it over and done... no more food until rtm. xx

Belated Happy new year to you all!

I am also a January Girl, I started on tuesday but my classes are on mondays. I hope to reach target in march or april :3

Good luck everyone!

Hey carrie... look at it this way... your repeat of day 3 is already half over, well, nearly! By this time tomorrow, you'll be back to where you were... And hey, better to have a little slip now, than in a few weeks... that'd be even harder to get back on track after, I reckon!

Yup... I hear ya, and you're determined, obviously! Good luck with today! :) x

Oh and hi Yasmine! ...and Happy belated New Year to you too! :)

Hi everyone

I started LL today - 6th January and am currently having my 2nd shake of the day now, I can't wait to get to know you all as we can support each other.

This is not the first time that I have done LL and I can remember feeling slimmer and fab so that's keeping me going. Also my daughter has been doing LL since October and has lost an amazing 7st 2lb so far.

As for me I want to lose 7stone, I'm a little aprehensive as to what the next few days have instore for me, but here goes!

Maximoo xx

Hey maximoo! :)

Well done in starting again... You're not alone, as you can see! Your daughter has done so well, you must be so proud! And hey, that'll be you too in a few months! Pretty exciting stuff huh? I just think to myself, every time I drink a shake, I'm losing weight!

Keeps me going... 5 weeks in and counting for me, although it's my first time on LL... :) x

Last edited:
Hey Pinkie, thanks for the welcome!

And well done you on losing weight already, I must admit I love it when i'm on this diet and in ketosis, my IBS just disappears, its lurvely!

Still its hard getting into ketosis :cool: Anyhoo I'm sure we will both get to our goals, and yes I'm very very proud of my lovely daughter :):) xx maximoo xx

Hi maximum & welcome :) wow your daughters weight loss is amazing!! I lost a lot this first time round but have gained nearly half as didn't do rtm & I'm sure this is key!

I am on day 2, feel good having passed day 1 :)

Carrie, don't beat yourself up, we've all been there don't that x x

Hey maximoo...

That's interesting about your IBS... I have a similar condition, not IBS, but very similar symptoms... and found that around week 3, it really flared up... However, once I realised that was attributed to the fruit water flavourings (due to the type of fibre they contain), and cut them out, my symptoms have all but disappeared.

An added bonus I hadn't banked on with this diet! Yay! :D

x

Hey Pinkie, when I'm in ketosis I feel brilliant on this diet my IBS just goes it's bliss!

Hi Jennifer, bet your pleased your first day is over with, I can't wait for mine to be although I feel bad to wish the time away I hate this period until you get into ketosis, won't be long though.

Its so nice to meet other people who are on the same diet and its great to meet people who have started round about the same time as you :D

We can do this! xx maximoo xx

Strange how I feel slimmer already. I think it's that wonderful feeling of being in control again. Can't wait for ketosis although not feeling bad at all. Mind over matter.

I couldn't eat any thing greasy before I did LL as that seems to be my IBS trigger.

I had serious IBS symptoms when I went back to food before Xmas. Any time I ate something even the slightest bit fatty I felt rotten. Good for keeping the weight off I guess, but not fun!!

hey all, ive stuck to my packs 2day had 2 so far 8.30pm so gonna make up a mousse n vanilla latte (decaf of course) before bed. had a sneaky peek on my scales though to see how much damage last night had done...... no damage still on track for a huge loss my first week PHEW. hope everyone else doing well xx

Hey All

SB it does feel lovely to be in control and yes just mentally you feel slimmer already!!! - Well I know I do. Thank goodness ketosis has set in now so onwards and downwards!! Shouldnt take us too long to shift a few lbs!! Carrie so glad scales are still being good to you, and well done on jumping straight back on track, it shows how far you have come mentally!!

Well 2 more packs to go for me, think it will be a soup and a hot strawberry!! Yum!! Well as yum as packs can be, but honestly I do rather enjoy them <G>

Jez
xx

Aww, that's great news Carrie!! Well done for sticking with it today! That's brilliant!

Talking about the mousse though... I just got the powder for the first time at my weigh in on Tuesday... and tried it out yesterday on my choc shake mix! But it was a disaster and I had to throw it away! It went solid the second I put it in! was like one big stringy egg-like lump! :eek:

Any idea why this was?

/Apologies for thread drift by the way.

i have no idea, i use two wee spoonfuls in 200mls water with a shake and whisk wi my electric whisk for 60 long seconds, pop it in the fridge for 15 mins.... sometimes it needsa bit longer. beautiful!

i think my choices were good choices last night (except the choc obv but it was a medium piece). thank goodness. xx

Cheers Carrie... I'll try it again... Must have done something weird without realising it! Lol... ;) x

Well end of day 2, had 1st weigh in after Christmas tonight and have managed to lose half a pound :confused: dunno how that happened as lost the plot over Christmas.....

Oh well not complaning about it, bring on ketosis tomorrow hopefully :D

Hope you all had a good day xx

day 2 today woohoo!!! no pink on my stick but my mouth is foul... not long me thinks xx

Good stuff Carrie hope you get into ketosis soon :) day 3 for me, there were 'traces' of ketones in my urine judging by ketosticks but don't know 'how' pink the stick needs to go?! Does anyone know? Surely day 3 I should be fully in ketosis or is it day 4? I really can't remember it's been so long since I took the programme seriously & done it 100% :(

Feeling really lethargic today & bit of an upset tummy....maybe this is me properly going into ketosis & Hopefull tomorrow (day 4) I'll feel ok.

Hope you all have a wonderful day ladies ((hugs)) x x

Back