January starters, wanna make a team?

How about "fat guys slim" for a name?

How much is everyone planning to lose? - knowing that might help with mini challenges

Thats a great name :) see what everyone else thinks. I don't mind what we call ourselves, but love that name :D

My ideal weight range I think is between 10-12 stones. I am 18 st at moment so quite a lot to lose, but I think for my frame and build I would look ill if I went right down to 10. I will say I wanna lose 6 stone for now :)

I have about 70lb still to lose (can be more specific after my weigh-in on monday), what about the rest of you?

So tell me what your personal goals are for the year? I'm trying to make mine feel good goals rather than number related goals, for example instead of saying I need to lose this much by then I am saying:

16th Feb - My 30th - need to look and feel fabulous
4th April - Friends wedding - need to wear a dress for the first time since primary school
26th Sept - Best friend's 40th birthday in Berlin - need to look and feel sexy
Dec - trip home to Australia - need to be comfortable in a bathing suit in public!

So, I have some work to do! And a lot of shopping for new outfits :D
What about you?

Dee x

Sounds like you have some fab goals to aim for Dee :) you do not look like your about to turn 30 by the way!!! I wouldn't have put you past 25!!

My biggest goal is my wedding- 29th aug 2009 :) I have my wedding dress which is slightly too small for me as I put weight on since they measured me. So I would love to fit into it and even have it taken in, which I think is possible!!

I also want to aim to look good in swimwear for honeymoon :D I have until October 2009 for that one which is good :)

xx

This thread is going faster than I can keep up with! :)

Sounds like you have some fab goals to aim for Dee :) you do not look like your about to turn 30 by the way!!! I wouldn't have put you past 25!!

Aw thanks honey, I am feeling every one of my years at the moment.. But thanks :p

My biggest goal is my wedding- 29th aug 2009 :) I have my wedding dress which is slightly too small for me as I put weight on since they measured me. So I would love to fit into it and even have it taken in, which I think is possible!!
I also want to aim to look good in swimwear for honeymoon :D I have until October 2009 for that one which is good :)
xx

And you will, I have no doubt of it. Especially if we are all keeping each other motivated! Good luck :happy036:

Dee x

WOW.
Went to work, came home and slept, woke to find myself part of a winning team!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morning TEAM-MATES.
Missyl, you seem leader material - you get my vote!
I guess that you're responsible for giving us a damn good kick up the backside when we're doubting ourselves, not to rough though as I have a tender touche!
As a team, we can all pull eachother along until we reach our goals.
Look forward to chatting and losing bucket loads of lard with you guys.

Morning guys!

Thanks Dee :D its so nice to know we have our own little group of support isn't it!! :)

Dean, nice to see you, wondered where you were :) we're were all just so enthusiastic to be a part of your team, we couldn't resist, hehe. Its great though isn't it......

So what name do you like? I think perhaps 'fat guys slim' seems to be the top name choice.......

Kate
Fat Guys Slim is perfect!
I was like a little kid, running around telling the wife that I was part of a team!!
Just been scanning my fat photos, where I have only been on SS since the 1st Jan, I am still to embarressed to publicly show them, I'll wait until the end of the month when hopefully I will have lost a bucket load and there will be a visable difference!
It was horrible looking at them, it really brought home my size!
Bet you cant wait so start

Morning guys, we are really coming together as a team, I think that's what I need to stay motivated.

I am planning to SS and I have about 6.5 stone to lose. I would like to be a size 10/12 - that's my goal as opposed to an actual weight. It's my birthday 1st Feb (29) I would like to be a size 18 by then (now 20/22) my sister's b'day in March and we usually go away so I would love to be a size 14 by then. (I would also like to post pics on facebook by then - I currently dont allow "fat" pictures to be posted)

I'm going on beach holiday with bf in June - that's the biggie and I want to be smallie!

Health wise I want my back to stop hurting, want to be able to run for the bus without catching my breath for the rest of the evening and I want to stop panicking about whether I will fit into things - Chairs, overalls when we go paintballing, airplane seats etc.

Kate
Fat Guys Slim is perfect!
I was like a little kid, running around telling the wife that I was part of a team!!
Just been scanning my fat photos, where I have only been on SS since the 1st Jan, I am still to embarressed to publicly show them, I'll wait until the end of the month when hopefully I will have lost a bucket load and there will be a visable difference!
It was horrible looking at them, it really brought home my size!
Bet you cant wait so start

Hi Dean
Yeah I have been the same, just been telling my OH all about it and all excited, he was smiling from ear to ear, said he likes to see how motivated I am again and happier I am. Bless him. :D

I too feel the same about the photos....I have a few I hate, I just feel I have such a distorted image in my own head of how I look and then when I see photos I get such a shock :eek: hate it. I can't wait to take photos of the slim kate :8855:it'l be great!!

Together we can do it. My OH is going to take my fat photos today and we're off to buy a photo printer so I don't have to go elsewhere to get them printed and I can stick them in my diet diary for motivation!

Hi Sane
Know what you mean about the "fat" pics, just looking at them really shocked me.
My wife is 9.5/10st, I just told her that I intend to lose her body weight, that again sounded sick to be honest.
Like you, am glad to be part of a team, now we just have to get it sorted and get onto the team section.
Like me, your goal is June, we'll get there no probs!

Hi Dean
Yeah I have been the same, just been telling my OH all about it and all excited, he was smiling from ear to ear, said he likes to see how motivated I am again and happier I am. Bless him. :D

I too feel the same about the photos....I have a few I hate, I just feel I have such a distorted image in my own head of how I look and then when I see photos I get such a shock :eek: hate it. I can't wait to take photos of the slim kate :8855:it'l be great!!

Together we can do it. My OH is going to take my fat photos today and we're off to buy a photo printer so I don't have to go elsewhere to get them printed and I can stick them in my diet diary for motivation!

Kate
It's really odd, the photo business, that is!
My wife took 2 "fat" pics of me on the 1st Jan, I looked at them today for the 1st time and as Im now 3 days into SS, I thought "God, cant believe, I WAS, that big".
After only 3 days, I feel completely different already, I know shape wise Im not, but mentally thats what Im telling myself!

Morning guys, we are really coming together as a team, I think that's what I need to stay motivated.

I am planning to SS and I have about 6.5 stone to lose. I would like to be a size 10/12 - that's my goal as opposed to an actual weight. It's my birthday 1st Feb (29) I would like to be a size 18 by then (now 20/22) my sister's b'day in March and we usually go away so I would love to be a size 14 by then. (I would also like to post pics on facebook by then - I currently dont allow "fat" pictures to be posted)

I'm going on beach holiday with bf in June - that's the biggie and I want to be smallie!

Health wise I want my back to stop hurting, want to be able to run for the bus without catching my breath for the rest of the evening and I want to stop panicking about whether I will fit into things - Chairs, overalls when we go paintballing, airplane seats etc.

Hi hun,

Sounds like you have some great goals to aim for :D if you keep them in mind then when you hit the hard times they may help to push you forwards. I wrote down a list of 30 reasons I wanted to lose weight the other night and I'm going to do the same thing with them.

My back hurts me a lot at times, I have a dislodged pelvis and its agony when it plays up. I hope that losing excess weight will help to stop that hurting so much at times.

I too want to lose around the same weight as you. I am going to take it stone by stone though as I think losing too much will make me look ill. I have quite a big frame for a girl and I'm tall, I'm also pretty well in proportion, fat wise, so I don't wanna lose too much that I start to look poorly :cry:

I think perhaps we ought to start our official thread in the Team sub-forum and then all of us list say 10 reasons why we wanna lose weight. If we all know some of one anothers reasons we can refer back to them whilst giving support :)

Dean,
I bet your body has changed already as well as you mentally, you will be starting to lose inches already. I started cutting down in prep on Wed and have already lost 4lbs. I think once I start CD properly I will feel even better and healthier like you say. I think it sounds like you are well and truly in the right mindset now....you sounds like it through your posts to me :D
Well done honey. Keep it up and you will reach your goal, just think in 6 short months you could change your life around :D how amazing would that be. Then you will have all the pride in the world posting those fat photos and your thin ones :D:D:D

Kate
Thanks for those words.
My jeans feel slightly looser already, though it was in my mind and wishful thinking!
I cant wait to see all those people who have known me as "The Bigfella" for years, I cant wait to see their reaction/s when I have lost the weight. Because even though alot of people dont say it, you can see what they are thinking when they do see you and see your size.
On the outside, I dont let it effect me, my I guess on the inside, it hurts.

How'd you all like this under your signature to show we're part of our team?

Noticed some others have them so I did one too :D

I know how you feel exactly, I have always been the bigger one, all my friends growing up to now have always been skinny minis :( I will never be like that because of my build but I always wished I could just be a little thinner. It does hurt doesn't it, some people only have to give you a certain look and it kills!! :(

Like you I can't wait to see peoples reactions....now I live 300 miles away from home too I don't see my loved ones as much so when I do I am guessing they will be in for a real shock. Plus we're getting married in August so I would love to stun people then :):)

Back