Jax LT Diary

Day 6 and first day of starting LT diary

I am nearing my first week on LT...am so relieved!
I started on 21st January .
I had done LT a few years ago and lost ,nearly, 4 stones.
Then put it back on over a course of 18 months, purely down to slipping back into old bad habits.

I tried CD a couple of times but, lasted a week at the very most. Then tried Atkins but, that lasted 3 days!
Then Weight-Watchers....and the list goes on.
Am sick and tired of being very over weight.....not planning to be 9 stones but,I am going to lose 6 stones which will get me to 14.13. Then re-feeding and taking weight loss more slowly by eating a healthy diet.

The shock of seeing the scales at 20.13 was a serious moment..I could have cried.:cry:
So, here I am , coming up to the first week and celebrating the fact that today was the first day I didn't feel hungry. :D

Last edited:
You are doing so well Jax!!!!!!! You will be on cloud nine once you get into your week 2!

Welcome Jax you sound very positive try to keep in mind that feeling when you looked at those scales that will keep u motivated Im back after putting on 1.5st of the 5 i lost im finding it a little tougher but im focused if you need a buddy or a sounding board let me know if u want you can PM me and rant till the cows come home

keep focused you'll do great

xx

Thanks Scotsmist...think you are right, have felt fantastic today, such a turn around from yesterday ! I feel energized! I know there will, still, be days where I feel hungry and want to throw the towel in.
But, today has been a good day.

I know now that when we are having absolutely dreadful days.... wait a while...another good day comes around again. x

Thanks Scotsmist...think you are right, have felt fantastic today, such a turn around from yesterday ! I feel energized! I know there will, still, be days where I feel hungry and want to throw the towel in.
But, today has been a good day.

I know now that when we are having absolutely dreadful days.... wait a while...another good day comes around again. x

So true,,,good days follow bad days, follow good day!!!!!

well done Jax, good luck for your first weigh in, please let us know how you get on xx

Thanks for all the support.....couldn't do this on my own!
Day 7 begins....feel a bit light-headed this morning but, will be fine once I have my shake. Looking forward to tomorrows weigh-in though, I know how much I have lost and I can't believe I have lost 12lbs in 6 days!!!! It's the first time I haven't shouted at my scales for being wrong !!!! Of course, there is a long way to go but, am on my way!!!

Day 8 completed....awoke feeling weak and light-headed.
I was hoping I wouldn't suffer with that this time round but, it seems to be back again.
I have quite a busy job and need to be able to be 'running' around as much as needed so, it's been a bit difficult today.
If I am honest, I am feeling a bit glum but, I am not considering throwing in the towel...just having a rough few hours!

Got my first weigh-in tomorrow morning...Chemist was shut yesterday, so have to go tomorrow!!!
Had to use some Herbalife shakes for today.

Decided to not think of the next 9 weeks but, to concentrate on the oncoming week. So,;) it's onward and forward Jax...I can do another week for sure!

Hi jax, have you done LT before then? You should be coming over the worst really, I can't wait to get into week 2!! I think that is definately the right attitude...one day/week at a time (less daunting that way!!) x

Hi, Slimmer2moro,
Yes, have done LT before, around 4 years ago. Loved the fact that weight just fell off !
Tried a couple of times to get back on it but, just didn't manage it.
Then I weighed myself on 3 different scales last week as I could not comprehend how I could be 21st...realised I was and wanted to hide in a room for the rest of my life but, came out fighting!
And, here I am....having moments of being very hungry, miserable, fed up, light headed and feeling weak...then it passes...and on I go !!!! Simples !!!!

Glad you are nearing week 2...it goes to show that you can do it,hang on in there. x

Day 9 begins......

OMG!
I have lost a whole stone !!! I can't believe it!:happy036:
My home scales are in line with the Pharmacists so, even though I don't get weighed for another hour, the result will be the same. For the first time in 4 years, I have faith in myself .

Good job Jax! To get into the next teens must be a fantastic feeling and a great motivator - especially in week 1!!

Good luck with week 2 xx

Thanks for the encouraging words girls...much appreciated.
Went to Chemists this morning and he confirmed I have lost 14lbs . Happy ! Yes!
But, I feel quite hungry at the moment, so will have last shake soon and then a nice, long hot bath.

Well done Jax - that is brilliant news. Keep it up - and keep in mind the feeling you feel now - as week 3 is renowned to be a tricky one for a lot of people, be mentally prepared for it !!xx

Day 10 begins...

I am amazed that I haven't 'broken' my diet since starting LT last week!
There are times when I feel very weak and very short-tempered. That's when a tiny amount of doubt creeps in and I ask myself ''is it worth all this''?
The answer is a definite ''Yes''...it's not for life, it's for a few weeks. I , initially, said I would stay on the programme for 8 weeks but, this morning, I am thinking I can push myself to 15 weeks. I will just have to see and not focus on the days ahead but, just the day ahead.
Day by day, I have more faith in myself and that is a fantastic feeling!
I will be able to shop in normal shops and, at last, enjoy clothes shopping!
I have promised myself a Flying Lesson, too! :character00255: There is a weight limit on those small training planes...something like 15st?
So, once I have got down to 14st 7lbs, I am booking it! Woo-hoo. Who says 50-year olds have to sit in doors and knit!?

Back