Jayne's Diary - Exante Total Plus. Started 2 Jan 2015

Thank you Sparkley. Wise words indeed, and you are totally right :) The rewards for the hard work aren't just at the end, but we get them as the time passes as well in starting to feel better, clothes fitting, confidence rising, etc. I am already feeling those things. I don't usually weigh before official day (Fri), but had a sneaky weigh just now and the loss for this week is looking okay :) It's definitely encouraging. Can totally relate to your post holiday experience as have been there and already done it myself. Going to have to do all I can not to repeat this time. I also understand where you are now, and how hard it is to get back on track for the extended period of time you need to finish the job. You have done amazingly well though with the weight you have already lost and the determination you have now to keep trying, and not totally giving up will get you through in the end. Keep chipping away at those lbs and they soon add up :) You and I can both reach our goals this year I am sure :) Let's do it! :) Have a fab day!

PS - Started at 20st 12.4lb. Am now 19st 2lb (hoping to see 18s on the scale come Fri). Want to be 13.5-14st for hols and 11st by the end of the year. A long slog, but yes, the time will pass whether I do this or not, so I must do it!

Inspirational chat between you two ladies Sparkley & Jayne, will remember it to keep me strong today :)

Well said, ladies! So much honesty and reflection, and both help our journey towards health and slenderness x

Thanks CP and SS, that's kind of you. We are all here for the same reason - the ongoing battle we've all had/have with our weight. These forums are such great support - they help me a lot, especially when friends and family are sick of hearing about and it just don't 'get it' as have never been in our situation. Good luck to you both xx

Hi Jayne!

You are doing amazingly well. Keep going!

Not sure about the surgery, the idea would scare me rigid! But mainly I would worry that my disordered eating would still be there and I'd find ways round it or make myself very sick :/

i I admire the way you've stick to this though. I'm feeling a bit in diet limbo land....struggling to find something that works for me :/

keep going xxx

Week 6 weigh in - 3lb off and I'm in the 18's! Woohoo :D Almost lost 10% as well. 27.5lb lost in 6 weeks. Not bad at all! :)

Last edited:
Well done Jayne always an amazing feeling getting into the next stone bracket. You are so consistant with your losses you are doing great!

Minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, I'm doing this! Sometimes it's so hard (I literally could cry, and sometimes I do!), others it's so easy. Fri night was hell, Sat was tough, yesterday and today (so far) a doodle. I had a gut feeling though that since Fri weigh in I was shifting some weight. I am buying into Dietninja's theory that the body fights to hold onto the weight and the toughest times are when the weight comes off the most. Decided to check scales this morning and was 2.5lb down since Fri. I hope I'm having a 'whoosh week' lol. Don't know though. It may just end up being the usual 3ish off come Fri official weigh in, but it was lovely to see the lower number on the scales this morning nonetheless :)

My friend is visiting from Manchester on Thurs and Fri this week, and so going to have to be super controlled and not fall off with eating. We will be out and about a lot and she, her son and my son will obviously all need feeding! My first real test! I am determined to stay on plan!

Brilliant Jayne, 2.5lb in a couple of days... I think you are certainly having a whoosh week!

I've just ordered the Zoe Harcombe book - heard a lot of people talking about it and saying very positive things about her approach to food and dieting so should be an interesting read.

I had a hard Sunday with family visiting and did weaken a couple of times - but nothing too bad.. a slice of ham and a nub of cheese, but annoyed with myself for being weak.

Hope you keep your determination of steel with friends visiting - keep your eye in that Friday weigh in!

You're doing brilliantly - remind me, when do you go away? xx

I'm delighted for you Jayne, that 2.5lbs was hard earned, you are seeing great results now.

Life goes on around us on this diet and we just have to do what we can to stay as 'good' as possible foodwise. I'm away with work the next two days, and I'll have to eat with my colleagues, I've done it before, I just choose the closest thing on the menu to low carb and high protein and try and judge a small portion.. It's good for us to start making the changes now. Hope you have a great time with your pal x

Well done Jayne. I like the sound of diet ninjas theory and having a whoosh week. Your losses have all been consistent and very good. Enjoy your time with your friend but don't lose yourself x

Thanks all :)

Sparkley - Just replied to you on our other thread ;) Hols is August :)

GEG - Ohhh, it's way too early for me to even attempt picking from a menu lol. I wouldn't be able to control myself. I admire your ability to do that though! :)

Angel - Thanks hun :)

Week 7 weigh in. 4.5lb lost! :D Plus another goal achieved of 10% lost :D

Out with friend yesterday and stayed totally on plan. Even sat in McD's whilst she and the boys ate. Didn't bother me at all :) It was also a day with it's stresses, and I'm so pleased none of it even remotely sent me to think about breaking the diet. We got stranded late in the day after I stupidly hit a rock down in a beach car park and bust my tyre, and had to wait for RAC. We were soaked from rain. I have a rotten cold. Etc.! Did have a good time in between all that though lol.

Day 2 out and about today. Intend to remain on plan again :)

Well done jayne that's an excellent loss and you did so well staying on track!
You are doing brilliant

Fantastic loss Jayne and a minni goal of 10% to boot!

That's brilliant Jayne, well done!

Polly x

Thank you all :) I'm so chuffed. I had a 'whoosh week' :D Day 2 out and about with friend done. Fab day. I stayed totally on plan :) I'm in the zone! lol

Back