Jayne's Lipotrim Diary - New Beginnings!

Jayne! how are you getting on girlie?? ... im back from the dead and determined... dont know why i ever thought the other side was better...it isnt!! Im with you lola on the loving yourself losing weight thing.. Ive hidden the weighing scales because while i was being bold i found i kept losing a few pounds ,, being happy and putting it back on making me sad! WhAT am i like! anyway..onwards and downwards.. in it to win it and all that... have you started on exante then Jayne? whats it like compared to LT? xx

Have updated my signature as still trying to keep track as best I can and hopefully even if I'm not losing much at the moment, I'm not piling it all back on as am aware of what's going on. Still trying to do Exante 1,200, but not really sticking to it!

Really like the Exante shakes though - so much tastier than Lipotrim!

Hope everyone's well, and doing well :)

xx

Hi Jayne, you might remember you posted some before and after photos a while back with the before photo being taken on the top of Pen-y-Fan and I posted to ask where you were. Well, thanks you to I climbed up there today. It was hard going - can't imagine what it would have felt like with an extra 3.5 stone on me - but getting to the top was so worth it so thanks for that. Hope things are going well for you. x

Not sure if you're still about Cate. I've not been on here in ages! Just wanted to say well done though for climbing Pen y Fan :) It's a long old climb isn't it, but so worth it for the stunning views from the top :) I hope you had good weather for it.

xx

very en;ightening thread.... thank you

Going to fire this diary up again. Am afraid things have slipped very badly since the summer and I've regained all my lost weight (bar 1lb!). So, day 1 it is again, and I'm one shake down!

I'm feeling very determined, but have spent a lifetime battling my weight and food addiction. I'm really unsure if it's a battle I'll ever win completely, but for now, just getting a few stone off, and regaining some physical fitness (haven't been to the gym since mid Nov - tonight will be the first time back) will be a good start! I am super uncomfortable at this weight and cannot be the best mum to my 2 boys. Come the summer I want to be able to take them camping, go hiking up mountains (like we usually do), go to a theme park and fit into the rides, etc. I would struggle to do any of that with energy and enthusiasm at this weight. Quality of life and self esteem at this weight is poor to say the least!

I woke up quite hungry this morning. One shake in and I'm still rather peckish lol. Quite a nice feeling for now though :) I think actually my tum is groaning less from hunger and more from relief at not having to cope with yet more food today! Christmas was an indulgence to say the least!

Anyhow, on with the day. Hi to anyone who reads, and good luck :) 2012 will be the year to be fit and healthy :)

xx

Heading to bed shortly. Day one done :) 3 shakes, tonnes of water, a body pump class and steady 30 mins on cross trainer at gym. That'll do me nicely :)
xx

Day 2 has gone well :) Been very hungry at certain points and around 4 ish, I felt really desperate. I was dreading the smells of tea cooking whilst hubby and the boys ate (he takes over cooking duties whilst I'm on this diet. I'm ever so lucky. He's very good). This afternoon I bought myself a new nail polish and spent time upstairs, doing my nails whilst tea was cooked and consumed. The smell of the polish remover and varnish seemed to mask the smell of cooking, so that was really good :)

About an hour ago, I tested positive for ketones, with a good level of purple :) Usually go into ketosis within 2-3 days, and I think my gym session last night helped burn out some glycogen.

Have just had my last shake, so going to settle down shortly, and hopefully get a good night's sleep :)

xx

Day 3 - Woke up feeling hungry, but not particularly starving. Still about the same now. Have had one shake at 9 am. Going to have second in a mo. Got heartburn - not sure how that works when I haven't eaten lol, so going to take a Ranitidine tablet in a sec as well. Been feeling really sleepy so far today, and as the boys are at school, I've thought hang it, and I've slept a lot of today. I probably need to catch up with my water as well. I will be off to the gym later though to do body pump and if I have the energy afterwards I shall do half hour plus on the cross trainer or treadmill. I'm not going to push myself to hard at the moment though on the exercise front as need to let my body adjust. It's definitely easier to train with a full load of glycogen in your system and I don't want to excessively strain my body right now.

I am just loving not feeling guilt ridden about what I have or haven't eaten. It's a real weight off my shoulders.

Have also just read right through my diary, and realised I didn't update about Race for Life. I trained hard for it in the end, and I did it, and did it well in 38 mins (if I remember correctly) :) Was very proud of myself. Things did go downhill after that though and this is when I then regained my lost weight until I am where I am today. Fighting hard again :)

xx

Good luck Jayne....I'm going to flit in and out of here and on Facebook. Deffo need the support that fellow dieters offer. You can do this, you know you can ! X

Thanks Sandra :) Good to see a familiar face here :) How are you getting on? I haven't put to much on FB about doing Lipotrim. Just that I am exercising again and getting healthy for 2012. See you about both there and here :) Good luck xx

Day 4 - Couldn't resist a sneaky mid week peak on the scales this morning. 4.5lb down :) Hunger is totally dampened down today. My tummy feels empty, but it's not rumbling. I still feel a bit weak today, but have had my first shake, and may go and have another nap shortly! Feel so lazy doing this, but I know it's getting me through this early stage, and I know energy will pick up soon enough. Generally feeling really good in myself though, and oddly content! Ketones maybe? TOTM is due in a few days, but don't seem to have all the usual PMT stuff going on. Mood feels much more stable without sugar highs and lows! I went to the gym last night and did body pump, but didn't go into the gym to do cardio after as felt wiped out and it seemed silly to push it at this stage. It's not like I needed to burn any calories! lol. Not craving anything and only missing food a tiny bit. Just very happy really to be doing this diet at the moment. I was so ready and prepared to get started. Previous times I've done this diet (other than Lighter Life the very first time many years ago), it has been a bit of a spontaneous decision. This time I planned it weeks ago, and so was mentally prepared to go for it. Hoping that will make a difference this time to longevity on the diet. No idea how long I will do it for. Haven't thought about that. Just going one day at a time really :) So far, so good! :)

xx

Day 4 done :) Been a good day. Only had some loud tummy growling for about 10 mins earlier this evening. Missing food a bit this evening and fancying a few things, but nothing I can't handle for now, and it'll all still be there for when I'm eating conventionally again. I'm going to write down all the things I'm wanting to eat, to try and get them from my mind, and say I can have them once this is done. Chances are, when the time comes I won't want them as they aren't healthy! One of the things (a home made corned beef hash pie, with veggies on the side and thick gravy all over), isn't even something I would ordinarily eat - odd! Right, forgetting about that one now! Off to bed xx

Day 5 - No cravings today. Didn't have first shake until 2pm and then struggled to get other 2 in me as appetite totally suppressed. Got them down though :) Very cold hands and nose today lol. Had to have a bath to warm me up and pampered myself with a face mask at the same time. Did my nails again as well at tea time lol. I hope they don't fall off! lol. xx

Day 6 - Going along really well :) Still have 2 shakes left and hunger totally suppressed :) Think my energy levels are picking up a bit now. Need to give the house a bit of a clean tomorrow, so that'll be the test. No plans to go to the gym until Tues evening. xx

Day 7 - Stayed 100%, but had a so so day. Few hours of feeling really hungry and then a couple of hours after that of feeling really weak and listless. Just kept sipping water and it passed. Am just about ready for bed now though. Didn't sleep much last night. Lots on my mind and was very fidgety. Hopefully better tonight. TOTM arrived this morning as well, so that may have something to do with it all.

Weigh in tomorrow. Am hoping for a good loss, but not expecting one as high as I usually get week one on TFR as I know I didn't carb load after I last did the diet end of last year/beginning of this year (can't really remember exactly the last time I was 100% before this week). Plus TOTM could be having an affect still. If I get half a stone off I'll be happy enough :)

Night night xx

Day 8 - 8lb off at first weigh in. Very happy :D Ready to do another week. Bring it on! :D xx

Very Well Done!!! Each one of those pounds has been hard earned! :):):):)

Keep strong for next week! I'm sat at my desk with a hot vanilla with a sweetner in it. Very comforting on a blurgh day.

Keep going Jayne you'll have that weight off for Valentines day no problem.

Thanks Dusty :D Have just read your fantastic news and posted in your diary ;) Have to say here again though, well done! :D

Day 8 has gone really well. Much more settled than yesterday :) No hunger pangs either - well, other than for a while after I'd been to the gym this evening and done a body pump class (which BTW was heaps easier than last week, and I can feel myself firing up again :) ). I still had a shake left to go though, so that sorted me out, along with a pint of water, and I feel great now. Can't believe it's day 9 tomorrow! Excited about the coming week and getting a bit more weight off :) xx

Back