*JenJen's* Back on the wagon before I'm ofski to Australia!!!

Pleased everything went well for you Jen and hope you have a speedy recovery xxx

Take care beautiful Jen. Hope you are feeling back to your normal self soon. Hope hubbie is taking good care of you too- your turn to get pampered now hey! Big hugs xxx

Hey everyone. I'm feeling a bit more human today. I'm still in hospital but I think they will let me out today.

I'm currently sporting a huge swollen tummy lol.

Yday the surgeon told me I should be off work for 6 weeks. Crikey! Basically yesterday I had the most horrendous pains in my shoulder which is because of the carbon dioxide that's pumped into your tummy during the op so that the surgeons can see your organs. The pain, I actually can't describe how bad it was. I wanted to go home and during rounds the registrar said yes but the surgeon said no tomorrow. Then the registrar said you should be off work for 2 weeks and then the surgeon said no 6 weeks.

So 6 weeks it is then.

I've been eating sporadically in hospital and my mind has now turned back to exante. I did a wee search of this site and it seems that you aren't meant to TS for 12 weeks after an op.

How crapola. I need to figure out a way forward with eating. But that will be another days work lol.

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have been lurking on the website for the last 6 weeks reading yours and ladygaga's diary's to keep me motivated. I have had gall stones myself and my gall bladder removed.

The good news is that you should only go upwards from here and after a few weeks you should feel great.

Poor you Jen. I hope that you are home now and starting to feel a wee bit better. I had a laparoscopy a few years back and that was done keyhole where they pump you full of gas and I can well empathise with the wind pain you are describing. Did they advise you about the use of peppermint to help ease it? Drinking peppermint tea, sucking polos and I even bought some mint tablet things (think they were called Colpermin: How Colpermin Capsules Work | COLPERMIN®) really helped to ease the pain a little. You get nasty reffered pain in your shoulders which sounds exactly like what you are describing.

Oh honey- you sure do have my sympathies.....xxx

As for eating- your body needs to heal and recover and right now you need food to do that. TS certainly wouldn't give you the calories and energy your body will need right now. You made sensible choices during your AAMW so how about something like that but more like calorie counting? Exante will always be here when you are fit to return babes. Hope that doesn't sound like I am being mean. Just worry about you and wouldn't want to see you get ill whilst your body is still recovering from surgery.

Take care honey and let us know how you are getting on. Hope you improve a little with each new day xxxx

Morning Jen :) glad you're op went ok. I've had mine out two years ago, best thing I did as the pain was excruciating. Just take it easy and eat healthy and good food. Don't worry about dieting until you're fully healed hon, you need to get better soon. Great advice from everyone :) hugs x

Just dropping by to say hi and to see how you are doing sweet cheeks, Hope you are recovering a little more with each new day. Big hugs gorgeous lady xxxx

Hiya Jen....
Sorry to hear that you have had to go into hospital :(
I hope you are home now, and feeling a wee bit better :)
Marge
xxx

Hey Jen :)
How have you been ?
Are you still healing ?
Marge
:)

Indeedy- sending big love your way Jen- let us know how you are doing xxx

Hey everyone, how you all doing?

Thanks for everyones messages, it's much appreciated :D

Well, I'm definitely on the road to recovery, although I'm scared to say that coz I don't want to jinx myself. I've been feeling emotionally rubbish too, being stuck in the house does that to me, I dwell on things, get all low and self hating.

And the whole illness took me by surprise, I wasn't prepared for eating again. With only having 1 add a meal week and 2 meals after that, the whole eating thing put me out of my comfort zone.

So, re-reading that last paragraph it sounds like an excuse. The long and short of it is for the last 4 weeks I've been really reckless with eating. I felt sick when eating "food" - good food choices made me throw up, I felt nauseous and the bile/acid was and is a bit awful. So feeling down I turned to chocolate, and I found that it didn't make me feel ill. But I've been binging really badly. And this compounded with feeling low - I've been really reckless.

Last week I had a complete melt down because I was so worried about having to attend a fertility appointment this week and I was terrified that my BMI would be higher than the guidelines. Turns out I'm not but I have gained a whopping 1 stone 8lbs.

And boy I can feel everyone of those 22lbs. I actually feel heavier. When I left the hospital I had gained 6lbs which I was quite pleased with being so sore, bloated and full of the air they had pumped in me... But this has spiralled out of control.

Feeling low and poorly combined with eating huge amounts of chocolate (which incidentally, the sugar rush was making me feel anxious) I've basically felt rubbish.

So on Wednesday I officially started back. I'm not doing TS, I'm doing WS.

So far I've lost 6lbs since Wednesday. 3lbs yesterday and 3lbs today. Which is all quite astonishing really. I've got 17lbs left to lose til I'm back to my weight 6 weeks ago.

And I really need to address and find a way to control myself when I get to goal coz I've done great, I was 4lbs away from losing 9 stones. When I get to goal I will have lost 12 stone. I was 4lbs away from having 3 stone to goal. I've done great. But I just ate chocolate constantly, I won't maintain if I do that when I get to goal.

Well, I bet you haven't missed the massive posts huh everyone lol.

I've missed you all xxx

Welcome back Jen. I'm really glad to hear things went well with the op. Jumping straight back to food must have been really hard - WS sounds like a really good plan now to help you lose the weight but still give your body a chance to recover - 6lbs in 2 days is fantastic! Hope you continue to feel better and that all goes well at your appointment this week. xxx

cybill said:
Welcome back Jen. I'm really glad to hear things went well with the op. Jumping straight back to food must have been really hard - WS sounds like a really good plan now to help you lose the weight but still give your body a chance to recover - 6lbs in 2 days is fantastic! Hope you continue to feel better and that all goes well at your appointment this week. xxx

Thanks Rachel :D I've been to my appointment and they are happy with my BMI, I can have all the treatments. They are talking about a laparascopy so I will have to come out of ketosis for this. Still have a few weeks to go til I see the consultant :D

How are you doing Rachel - I will spend the next few days catching up with everyones diaries :D xx

Hiya Jen :)

Great to see you back with us :)

Don't worry about the binging, we've all been there. TFR is such a hard diet that when you go back to eating it's like Christmas and you tend to eat all the things you fancied at once eh?
It's good that you've taken control of it now tho before it got worse than a few pounds ;)
WS sounds like a great plan for now, just remember to be strict with yourself and chocolate is defo not on the WS menu ;) although it usually is on mines lol

Hope you start feeling better about things soon babe, I've missed ya xxx

Oh I meant to say that it's fantastic news about starting your treatment :D you must be thrilled xxx

Thank you :D

With the amount of chocolate I've eaten maybe I will be glad of a break from chocolate... Or maybe I'm kidding myself lol x

Back