Jenni's diary: Given up chocolate!

Hmmm, so, 90 hours, or 5400 minutes, or 324000 seconds :D getting there!

I've had a day sat in the cafe today, there was a strong smell of baked chocolatey goodness wafting around an hour ago, and every time I go up for a cup of tea I sooo want to buy a chocolate bar or something, but I have resisted :sigh: It'll be worth it in the end!

I hate revising with no chocolate to eat :p

I bet I don't :p they reckon chocolate boosts your brain power actually. And chewing increases your concentration.

Drinking tea will have to do! :p

Hmmm, fish oil. I prefer real oily fish though - smoked salmon :drool:

I'm going shopping tomorrow anyway, so I'll get some supplies - so far we're on fish oil and baby carrots. Maybe grapes, too, they're good for snacking on. :D

I've had a day sat in the cafe today, there was a strong smell of baked chocolatey goodness wafting around an hour ago, and every time I go up for a cup of tea I sooo want to buy a chocolate bar or something, but I have resisted :sigh: It'll be worth it in the end!

Awww, i remember once when i was out with my cousin... we were driving back and saw/smelt a burger van.

We were both on diets so were trying to be a good and all we could think of was these burgers! She pulled out a bag of celery and we started munching away wishing it was a burger.

We kept laughing and imagining it was a burger saying mmmm how good is this! Can you taste the cheese! Didn't taste like a burger AT ALL but the moment made eating the celery a little easier :D

Ok maybe you had to be there to get the full effect lol:eek:

Awww, i remember once when i was out with my cousin... we were driving back and saw/smelt a burger van.

We were both on diets so were trying to be a good and all we could think of was these burgers! She pulled out a bag of celery and we started munching away wishing it was a burger.

We kept laughing and imagining it was a burger saying mmmm how good is this! Can you taste the cheese! Didn't taste like a burger AT ALL but the moment made eating the celery a little easier :D

Ok maybe you had to be there to get the full effect lol:eek:

Hahaha! :rotflmao: that's hilarious. :p

Well, I'm on 105 and a half hours, or 6300 minutes, or 378000 seconds (I actually worked that one out in my head, go me :p) More than 1/3 of the way there now! :D

It's finally sunk in that my exams are just over a week away... while this is a good thing in terms of motivation to revise, I'm absolutely bricking it now - didn't get to sleep until 3am last night, think I'm going to be running on caffeine for the next week or two!

I'll update occasionally, no promises though :p

168 hours... 10080 minutes, or 604800 seconds! I've worked out I'll be 2/3 of the way there tonight at 7.11 pm :p

The chocolate/sweet stuff thing is getting easier, I have to say I've not been attempting to work on the general eating at the moment... think that might be best left until after exams - I'd rather not risk it when exams are 7 days and 8 hours away (oh god... I'm worried now! :p)

Might keep the lack of sugar going until after exams to be honest - shouldn't be that difficult. :)

Good luck with ya exams Jen :) x also, nice bit of brain power there! x)

Jenni you are doing brilliantly
and to keep going till after the exams seems like a plan
and all the advanced maths (I dont mean advanced as in higer - I mean advanced as in when) is a brilliant idea - you know when you have to get too
so how many seconds would it be if you continued till after exams

and good luck - not that you will need it this year :)

I'd easily hit 2 million seconds if I continued until the end of my exams :D if I ate chocolate the second I come out of my exam then I'll have lasted 612 hours, or 36720 minutes, or 2203200 seconds :eek: woooow that's a long time hehe :D though if I keep going until about 5.20pm then I'll have lasted 2222222 seconds ;) or maybe I should even aim for 3 million, who knows - it'll probably be easy as pie once I've made it through my exams!

I have been allowing myself coke/diet coke/lemonade, but only occasionally, and fizzy drinks were never really my downfall - I've weaned myself onto tea instead (black, no sugar!) which is absolutely lovely :)

Good luck with ya exams Jen :) x also, nice bit of brain power there! x)

Hehe, thanks :D
Re: my pictures - sadly I'm looking more like the midway pictures at the moment which is why I've given up chocolate :p aiming to be nicely toned and about halfway between the midway and end pictures :D

all those 2's look like a nice round number to work towards in the first instant - then see how you feel :)

211 hours, or 12650 minutes, or 759000 seconds. 3/4 of the way to my first million :D

Not eating chocolate/sugar is getting easier, it's the revision munchies that I'm struggling with now. I'm still thinking to leave it until after exams because I'd rather eat and pass than not eat and fail :p

There's a lovely smell wafting around the library at the moment... sigh.

211 hours, or 12650 minutes, or 759000 seconds. 3/4 of the way to my first million :D

Wow Jenni - you're doing great with giving up chocolate - dont think i would do this well!

Good luck for your revision and your exams :)x

so how is the revision going today then
I KNOW you are doing well with the giving up chocolate :)

Revision was going very well, until I had a lazy day yesterday. Still, easily time to pick it back up again.

Still haven't eaten chocolate, though I bought some mini magnums which are severely tempting me. I do like to torture myself don't I :rolleyes:

I have reached one million seconds! :D Though I don't think I'm quite 'there' yet with beating the addiction. While I'm not craving it as much, I don't think I have the constraint I did last time yet. I still need to work on the munching, though that'll get better after exams.

I have reached one million seconds! :D Though I don't think I'm quite 'there' yet with beating the addiction. While I'm not craving it as much, I don't think I have the constraint I did last time yet. I still need to work on the munching, though that'll get better after exams.

ONE MILLION SECONDS?:eek: well done Jenni!x

Back