Jen's Diary - 3lb down :)

lucky you with your TT tickets i am so sad i cant get any :(

Yeah i usually get four portions out of a 500g pack - I had a complete panic when i first tried to work out the points and forgot to search for extra-lean mince instead of normal stuff!! I think my recipe and the pasta only works out at 7.5 points - not bad for a tasty and filling dinner!

Ive never tried quorn, is it quite nice? what would 500 grms of that be?

a lot less :p lol. I still use extra-lean mince but i only put 250g in for four people, and bulk out with onion and tomato.. but if i'm just making for me i put some celery in it as well to make it go further :)

turkey mince is also lower in points than extra-lean mince if i'm not mistaken? I know pixie uses it in her meatballs (which are gorgeous! :p)

oh and p.s. good luck for your weigh in today x

500g of Quorn mince is 7 points. It's good to save points, but i'm a meat fan so i'd rather spend the points on some cow products!

I always throw in absolutely masses of sliced mushrooms, carrots, onions and tomatoes. It adds to your vegetable intake and really bulks up the recipe to make it go further.

Ah thank you all for your advice! I may try a bit of quorn, i am a bit of a cow fan myself tho!!
Anyway, weigh in results are in!! 3lb loss this week! Am so happy. Have been trying really hard after my curry and dominos whoopsies!
:)

Thanks Karen, I'm really chuffed. Are you feeling any better?

ah thats rotten! I hate being ill. Hope tomorrow is a little better xx

congrats on your loss - 3lbs is absolutely fantastic!!! You must have lost quite a few inches already, right? :) x

congrats on your loss - 3lbs is absolutely fantastic!!! You must have lost quite a few inches already, right? :) x
Yeah I have a wee closet of clothes that people have bought me but they have been too small and I was too embarrassed to say anything that I can now get into!! Its all very rewarding!!

Back