Jen's Diary - 3lb down :)

Its so good to see you back Jen and that your nasty gall bladder is gone. Hopefully that 11lbs will soon be gone with it

M

Glad ur home safe hun.
Take it easy and get well soon.

XXX

Glad to see you're back hon - warning, you might find those full fat chocs too hard to deal with while you're recuperating.

I had a mars bar two weeks after my gall bladder op and thought i had died (of pain, not pleasure!)

:) Lovely to see you back Jen xx

Can you rush and post all the gory details? Being vaguely medical I like to keep abreast of all the facts.

Really glad your better but keep away from the chocs, like Karen says you will REGRET it big time.

M

Glad the op went well, and there must be a few pounds in gall stone? M your the expert of medicine? x x

Thanks Lou but only vaguely medical really. Sadly gall stones are often small and weigh little for the agony they cause. Some can be large but I still guess not much weight. However if Jen had some that accounted for all of her 11lb holiday gain good god they must be some size and I bet they will bottle them for future students to marvel at.

Jen Hope you're improving and can come back soon

M

Hello!!! Am finally back home! Been such a horrible way to end the holidays! Back to looking after myself tho! Am feeling much better although scars are looking a little pathetic unfortunately! I am not too clued on medical details due to a large quantity of morphine! The whole ordeal is a bit of a blur really! I know that a stone escaped and my pancreas was very infected which stopped them operating for a while. Some sort of liver enzyme test which should have been about 50ish was over 800 if thats means anything M and my CRP (some sort of infection thing) was over 120 when it should have been under 10! lol! It was a wee pesky stone that had escaped that caused all the pain! apparently you can either gain lots of weight after having your gallbladder removed or lose loads of weight, I am naturally hoping for the latter! lol! Back to the grind on Friday! Hopefully I will have lost some of the holiday weight after my week long fast in hospital! Could even drink, had a drip. They kept saying, oh bet you dont even feel like eating anything anyway...I was soooo hungry! They said it was quite unusual for someone to be so hungry when in pain! Felt a little embarrassed then annoyed when woman next to me got tea and toast...smelt so good! lol!

Omg poor you. Had noticed you hadnt been around but thought you were still on holiday-sorry, will try harder to keep up in future, but am very very glad to hear that you are on the mend

Welcome back

hopefully pain free and on the mend now x

glad you're back home - take care of yourself hunnybunch xxx

Its great to see you back Jen

Yep those test results were sky high indicators of a problem so very good you got it sorted. Now you're back home you will hopefully start to get better every day but it can take 6-8 weeks to get an anaesthetic out of your system which can leave you feeling tired and your pulling about during the op leaves you sore and often bruised. The scars will start to look better after 4-6 weeks also. At 4 months mine are now fading nicely.

Don't stress re the gain just get back to it when you can but please carry on you were doing so great and I so want to see you where you want to be weightwise after all your hard work.

Take care

M

take it easy now!

welcome back Jen :) .. hope your feeling loads better xx

well todays the day I start again! Good old hospital making me fast has been a great silver lining! I am currently at 12s 1b so lost 6lb of the horrible holiday gain! :) Will be very good all week!! Am actually quite glad to get back into it to be honest sick of all the cheese and chocolate...:(

Well that's seriously well done whatever way you got there 6lbs off is great.

Now just a little concentration then I can see you well back in the 11s in a week or three.

Take care

M

Hiya Jen..
Glad you are back with us and now on the road to full recovery...Take it easy and well done on losing 6lbs....x

Back