Jen's Weight Loss Diary

Weigh-in day tomorrow, but I wanted to share with you something curious which occurred yesterday.

I had my first (big) 120g bar of Dairy Milk in MONTHS! never thought id hear the day I would say that!! Tomorrow will be 2 months 3 weeks since diet began and do you know what? after I had finished, enjoying every square, it was such a burst of motivation! I started looking at tennis clubs, gym memberships... I guess it really helped me zone out and then focus back in.

Today I am eating less to make up for the 636 calories overeaten and it feels good eating lighter :) Fingers crossed for good results tomorrow, only 2lbs off a total loss of 2st.

Haha yup! :) 1lbs gone this week, I am now 13st 6lbs total loss of 2stone 1lb and still going strong! 3 weeks to lose 6lbs to get to my crimbo target!

Thanks for all the encouragement you guys :) Super excited and happy with where I am going lately.

I don't know if it is abit too early to do this sort of thing, but for some motivation I put together some before pictures, with some photos I took today! I noticed some small changes but wondered what you guys thought? fingers crossed I uploaded it right :p

Before&after.jpg

You look great!

Hey Guys,

I thought I'd update you a little on life now as I can see that this diary is getting a bit repetitive with lost x, lost x, lost x.

Okay so I am now 1/3rd of the way through my HR Uni course and have 8,000 words due in on the 5th January, most of them done thankfully!

My Motorbike that I bought back in August is still in my Dads shed getting fixed up but it IS getting there, so I keep telling myself! Hopefully it will be ready by March because buses are seriously starting to be the bane of my life on Wednesdays (uni day).

Diet wise I am happy with where I'm going and confident that I should lose the last 4lbs by Christmas. I am actually looking into the GI diet as an alternative to calorie counting as I feel it would help me focus on eating healthier rather than just under a certain number of calories. I have ordered a book for this and hope to start that going from January, I will keep you posted. Also, I have ordered "Body By You: You are your own gym" by Mark Lauren. It is a set of exercises you perform 3 times a week, 30 minutes a session that is aimed at building muscle which in turn burns calories whilst you are sedentary, very nice! Super excited about kicking things up a notch and trying something new for the new year :) I don't know if that may mean a move to the GI section of these forums or not, I will have to have a think.

I wrote a few posts ago now about wanting to quit my job and start something new. I can confirm that I haven't moved and wanted to explain that I think that was an overreaction on my part slightly. Do you ever get to that point when you just want to escape completely, do something trivial and boring that you know you can do just to be less stressed? It was like that, I was just burnt out by pressures all around the place. I am happy about where I am and grateful that work is slowing thanks to the holiday period. Whether or not that is to do with a new manager for my department is possible also.

Money wise, we have been saving up a deposit of £7,500 for a £150,000 house. Should be finished in late 2015, and its been a nice thing to look forward to and strive for :) Hoping to get somewhere in either Netley Abbey or Hamble so I can be a short walk by the sea :) I do miss my beach walks from when I lived at home!

Anyway, just a few things I have been mulling over recently to give you an insight into what's happening with me!

Back