Jessica's Journey to Size 10 Skinny Jeans

Day 2 - 10.20am

I've woken up feeling good, I have a slight headache but I know that it will get a lot worse before it gets better. Getting into ketosis is such a slog :grumble:

I really missed my daily coffees yesterday so I've made the executive decision to include two today with just a splash of milk and two tablet sweeteners. There is less than 5g of carbs per 100ml of semi skimmed milk so hopefully it won't be enough to keep me out of ketosis. Frankly the thought of getting past the first week and into the stage where I don't feel hungry and angry is all that gets me through the day! :D The Exante site have reduced the price of the water flavourings to £2.99 a tub, plus I had a discount code and some reward points so I've ordered the mango and passion fruit one and a raspberry one for £6 including delivery. I'm struggling with the plain water so hopefully those make it a bit more easy to knock back.

I have had one coffee and 500ml of water, I'm holding out until 12ish for my first pack. I'm hoping for another good day, fingers crossed I'll be back tonight with a positive update!

Ahaha I get a really bad mood the first few days, I feel so deprived & cross! it highlights how much we use food to deal with emotions i think. But then after a few days on it when i'm in the zone I feel the opposite & really happy with myself, the longer time goes on hopefully will be the same for you :) x

Also I think you might be better to have a tiny bit of cream or full fat milk in coffee bcos they're lower in carbs if you want to go into ketosis x

I had a look at full fat milk (which I love in coffee!) but the carbs were exactly the same per 100ml as the semi skimmed, which is what is already in the fridge at work :D

A few people have mentioned having small amounts of milk while on TS and it hasn't stopped them going into ketosis so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm one of the lucky ones. If I'm still not in ketosis by weigh in day then I'll assess what I'm having xo

Day 2 - 8pm

So, another day done and dusted. I was very hungry and a bit lightheaded today but I managed to space out my packs and I finished my last shake about half an hour ago. My fluid intake was decent but I'm definitely looking forward to getting my water flavourings.

I'm still hoping for a speedy transition into ketosis, but I'm not too confident if my last attempt was anything to go by :cry:

Well done cherrybomb sounds like you've got it sussed!
I'm on day 3 of restart as had a week off where naturally I ate anything and everything so good to be back on plan (even with the headaches for past 2 days) lol x

Well done for getting back on the wagon Natalie! It's so hard after a blow out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled to be so restricted but it does feel good to be so in control for the first time in months! xo

Day 3 - 12.40pm

So, I'm here. I'm still alive. I've not withered to a bag of bones or burst into tears at work.

I had a coffee (with milk - call the Exante Police!) and 1L of water this morning, I didn't even fancy my shake until 12ish. Even then I had it because I figured I might as well, my lunch hour is 12-1pm and it wastes some time. This time yesterday I was ravenous and I'll admit that I feel hungrier now for having something but I've opened my can of Coke Zero to keep the hunger at bay.

I hopped on the scales this morning and I'm down 4.2lbs already! I'm going to keep off them until Tuesday but at least I'm under the fourteen-and-a-half-stone mark. Just ;)

I keep seeing these huge first week losses and I'm hoping that I can maybe push myself into the 13's by Tuesday. It's a tall order though and I'll be happy with any loss at all!

Cherry bomb you sound so similar to me!! Reading your journey from new year, the ups the downs, the slimming world, the calorie counting, the realisation that summer is here and you could have been where you wanted today if you'd have just stuck at it. Let's use this frustration to get us where we wanna be!!!! I'm a very positive day 1er - so let's see if I can hold on to this for the next week :p

Cherry bomb you sound so similar to me!! Reading your journey from new year, the ups the downs, the slimming world, the calorie counting, the realisation that summer is here and you could have been where you wanted today if you'd have just stuck at it. Let's use this frustration to get us where we wanna be!!!! I'm a very positive day 1er - so let's see if I can hold on to this for the next week :p

We can do it! I haven't seen my parents since the end of February and I'm going out for dinner with them on 16th May to celebrate my birthday (the 12th, also having dinner and cake with the girls on the 13th - argh!) so I'm hoping there is a bit of a difference when I see them. A stone off would be amazing. I just need to keep my eyes on the prize, it's difficult when I'm feeling really hungry and headachy and it would be so easy to grab something from Greggs! xo

Day 3 - 7.30pm

One more day done and I'm actually so proud of myself. I've attempted so many restarts and not even made it through day one - I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I ended up running down Glasgow's main street a few weeks ago to get a sausage supper from the chippy :ashamed0005: I work 9-5 but also attend the local college 6-9pm two nights a week so my days can be very long and draining. Still no excuse - I must have looked an absolute riot, power walking down Buchanan Street at 9 o'clock at night for fried food!

One thing I do miss - and I apologise for lowering the tone - is my daily dose of Fybogel mixed with 150ml of Tropicana. I have IBS which gives me chronic constipation and a daily sachet is the only thing that helps me, but I physically can't choke it down mixed with water. I attempted it on Tuesday but nearly gagged. I managed to source some unflavoured sachets (I usually have orange flavoured) and blended it into my chocolate shake but it still managed to change the taste. I think it might take a bit of trial and error, perhaps it will be more palatable blitzed with water, ice and Exante drink mix? I need to sort something out though, I haven't 'been' in five days and I feel like a lead balloon :mad:

Onwards and downwards, here's to another good day!

We can do it! I haven't seen my parents since the end of February and I'm going out for dinner with them on 16th May to celebrate my birthday (the 12th, also having dinner and cake with the girls on the 13th - argh!) so I'm hoping there is a bit of a difference when I see them. A stone off would be amazing. I just need to keep my eyes on the prize, it's difficult when I'm feeling really hungry and headachy and it would be so easy to grab something from Greggs! xo

Greggs is like a swear word :p

I'm sure they will my lovely, other people always notice more than you do :) How often do you do weigh ins?

Greggs is like a swear word :p

I'm sure they will my lovely, other people always notice more than you do :) How often do you do weigh ins?

Officially I weigh in on a Tuesday morning but I hopped on the scales today and I'm exactly 6lbs down after three days! I'm going to stay off them from now until Tuesday and then no more sneaky peeks because I know that the losses slow down and I don't want to put myself off xo

Day 4 - 10.15am

Well, I think I may finally be getting into ketosis! I couldn't get tired at all last night and I slept badly but I'm not suffering for it this morning and I am, quite frankly, COLD AS BALLS. The sun is streaming into the office, I have my heater on at my back and an enormous cardigan on but my hands are like ice and I have constant goosebumps and shivers.

I've had 500ml of water and a coffee so far, and my hunger is really minimal. Exciting!

I actually love feeling cold, energetic and not hungry as I know I'm well on my way to blitzing the fat then lol. Well done and keep going xx

Amazzzzing cherry bomb!!! I can't wait to be where you are! MY packs arrived today! All my housemates are so confused by the concept haha. I've told them to leave me alone for a few days so I can be a witch in peace :p

Does ketosis make you chilly then? Thank god we're doing it in the warm as I'm always bloody cold ;) x

Amazzzzing cherry bomb!!! I can't wait to be where you are! MY packs arrived today! All my housemates are so confused by the concept haha. I've told them to leave me alone for a few days so I can be a witch in peace :p

Does ketosis make you chilly then? Thank god we're doing it in the warm as I'm always bloody cold ;) x

Yup - cold, insomnia, peeing all the time, hideous breath... check! My headache is all but gone, I'm just hoping I stop thinking about food so much soon. I've had to log out of my ********* because the pictures of food were killing me :cry:

I'm a bit nervous about the weekend coming up, hopefully I can stay busy because Saturday night is generally when we ship the dog off to my FIL and we order in takeaway... xo

Wait, I'm not allowed to say i.n.s.t.a.g.r.a.m...?

Yes, the weekend is always the downfall ins't it. (I know i'm starting to go a bit funny - I nearly forgot how to spell isn't for a second!!!!! God sake!!!) The hard thing for me is living with 5 other people - there's always delicious smells!! And I can even smell the neighbours cooking! I feel like a bloodhound on the look out for bread haha.

Day 2 for me and my hands are frozen!! maybe that's something I'll have to get used to. I can deal with cold hands and a tiny waist :p

Day 4 - 8.40pm

Another day over. I left work early for a doctors appointment which involved a fifteen minute walk to the surgery and a half an hour walk home so at least I did some light exercise. I usually do four bootcamp classes and two spin classes a week, plus 10k training so to take a total step back from that feels very foreign and, well, lazy. I usually eat to match that level of training though, hence I'm on Exante now!

I so very nearly cracked this evening due to having more time sitting around the flat after my appointment but I didn't and I'm happy I stayed on the wagon. I did give in to a second can of coke zero but I can live with that. It's an hourly struggle but I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize.

I'm still freezing cold, I've had a weird metallic taste in my mouth all day and I'm not tired at all. Ketosis here I come!

P.S. I discovered that my Fybogel sachets taste better in a strawberry shake. Still no joy on that front though - tomorrow morning makes it a week! :flamingmad:

Back