Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Lol sorry, still too busy to update properly! Popping in and out. I put on 0.5lb from Xmas and 0.5 from boxing day :p My mum bought me loads of chocolate so I ate it boxing day. She also bought me a chocolate calander :confused: As in the pictures are of chocolate and cakes etc. Thanks mum, I really want that on my wall whilst dieting. Will be binning/selling that!

Plans to be good are out the window as my mumsy is coming down now as I can't be arsed to travel all the way back up again. I'm cooking her a 3 course meal for her birthday and she's taking us out for a meal. Eeek. Whatever, come January 1st I'm going to do points with only core food to have a junk detox and get a good first loss. Got loads of lowcut jeans that fit but have muffin top. Must get rid!

one on is excellent jess, well done. That'll be off in no time x

Lost that 1lb, whooo. Back down to 11st10.5. Now I can put it back on again. I'll be so happy if on January the 1st I'm still in the 11s :)

They're bringing the dogs so I'll try get lots of walking done to combat the food. The restaurant I've booked (tried to go for Japanese, but my mum didn't like the sound of it!) http://www.glohq.com has the most gorgeous sounding desserts. Banana cake! Coconut icecream! Mmmm. I love coconut, can you get any coconut stuff that's not really bad for you? Coconut milk and desiccated coconut are bad aren't they? There are some healthy mains though, as it's pan asian and italia (odd mix!) so are some good pastas and noodles dishes.

I've got some new years resolutions. Every year it's just been "lose weight". This is the first year in a long time that I've weighed less than this time the previous year. I was probably only 5lb more as I gained more before I started losing, but I actually stuck to it!

1. To get to my goal weight of 9st3 by my 21st birthday (July 1st).
2. To be greener.
3. To get a 2.1 or higher this year. I need to work harder, stop leaving things to the last minute and make plans.
4. To exercise more. I don't do enough!
5. To be more creative. I want to take up candle and soap making. It costs quite a bit to get all the ingrediants to start with. Moulds, fragrances, colours, glitter, petals, bases, wrapping. I want to spend my time doing something other than going on the computer. Once I've gotten good enough I'll sell them on eBay.
6. To experiment with cooking more and learn new recipes. We've bought a binder to start saving recipes.
7. To give up alcohol! Adam's doing this one too. We don't drink much anyway and when we do it's either one (what's the point really?) or binge and don't stop at the right point.

Last edited:
Ooooh, New Year's resolutions :D

Shall have to think of some. Obviously getting to 9st by Feb 14th is one, but apart from that I have no idea! Lol.

Good luck with them :D

xx

Oh thats a great idea! going to get thinking of my new years resolutions too!! :D

Well done on losing that squatter pound hon. The restaurant looks lovely; hope you have a good time.

Coconut is very good for you but sadly high in fat and therefore in calories. One of those things to be eaten in moderation I guess.

Well done on getting a head start on your new year's resolutions. I particularly like the one about getting creative. I started making cards last year and I thoroughly enjoy it - makes a change to use the other bit of your brain I reckon, so I find it challenging but relaxing.

Weighed in, 3lb gain. 2lb was from my last week of work experience and the other 1lb was all yesterday! So no gain from Christmas really as I lost it again, yayayayay. I'm counting this as a 1lb gain as the 2lb was from last weigh-in.

Last edited:
Well, last day! :) Yesterday I had a lovely meal. Started with duck pancakes, had a main of buffalo tricolore pizza and a dessert of banana cake with coconut icecream. Didn't really like the cake so gave most of it to Adam though! No alcohol, just a watermelon/pomegranate/lemonade cocktail and lots of diet coke. The night before I cooked my mum an early birthday meal. Had the starter for lunch (soup). Main was beef wellington! Must have been loads of points but was gorgeous.. a right bugger to make though. Dessert was lemon mousse which I didn't like (even though I made it! hate rind :p) so gave that to Adam too! Poor Adam, all this food. The other day he ate a whole box of crackers and a whole brie wedge! He's put on a lot more weight that me, bless him :p Still the same weight loss overall though.

Waiting for a dominos pizza to arrive. Cheese and tomato with peppers, one portion of pepperoni and onions. Making the most out of my last day! Tonight I'll be having pimms with lemonade and the usual fruity bits, spring rolls, chorizo/scallop canapés, indian chicken bites and ciabatta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yum.

Happy New Year everyone!

All sounding lovely Jess, and it seems you are in the right frame of mind to get going again in the New Year.

Love your resolutions that go beyond losing weight. Need to get some written down. Mine will be do be nicer to my OH!!!

Happy New Year xx

chorizo and scallops.. one thing ive never tried is scallops though they sound yum! have a good night Jess :D xxx

All this talk of food is making me starving!:17729: I've been holding out on eating as I'm out for dinner tonight. It will be like ribs and chicken with cheese and bacon and bbq sauce and yummy puddings so will be stuffed, but yummy yummy!!

Have a lovely time tonight and good luck for tommorrow - Karen :D

Just popped in to wish you a Happy New Year but am now hungry LOL. Hope that 2009 brings with it all that you wish for hun. Take care xxx

Back