Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Got back on it ok. Went over by 4 points today, but that's not too bad.. easing in gently! Will try to pull them back. I have to stop buying chocolates because I just want to eat them all the time! I was on track but went over with a mini ripple and a 2 finger kit kat. Tomorrow's dinner is WW chicken pies that have been in the freezer for ages, with homemade chips and asparagus.

I'm going to sign up for a sponsored walk in March with Mummy K. 7 miles, which is what we used to do every year in school. Just like old times!

Adam posted off his hard drive today so hopefully I will be back online more soon!

Oh and I'm boycotting Kraft as they said they wouldn't shut down the Bristol factory, but are.. moving work to Poland and 400 people will lose their jobs! No more Cadbury, no more Philadelphia, no more Oreos, no more Toblerone and no more Terry's chocolate orange! :cry:Oh well, I can still have ripples and kitkats :) and GALAXY!

Jess, we have had the same Kraft conversation in our house today !! Tho i wont boycott Cadburys until they actually threaten the Bournville factory as it could actually make them close it ( well obviously not just me, i dont eat quite that much chocolate !!)

I read that they are investing money into the Bourneville one, so you're safe :) Apparently they said they have to continue with Cadbury's plan to move the factory over to Poland as it's too advanced; they've apparently already spent 100 mil (dollars or pounds, can't remember) building the factory. That 100 mil isn't their money though and they'd have to spend more of their own money to complete it. I doubt it would make much difference to them to leave it, it's not their money wasted.

That is Scandulous how could they oh well as all i buy is Philadelphia I shall boycott that as well lol
glad you are doing the walk with us Jess, I may need you to hold me up after mile 1 lol i'll sigh us both up tomorrow so no backing out on me now oh yes !!! and Mrs big pants Nikki is doing it with us too

sorry I'm a bit- late....but glad you had a good time on saturday - sounds like you are very much in control and the Kraft boycott can't hurt a weight loss programme, really :D

Oh dear today in tescos i bought 2 tubs of philly,2 packs or oreos(for dds cookery) & a toblerone for the oh!

When we went to oxford for new year passed a kraft factory & it stunk the place out it was gross! x

Hope you are having a good day today my lovely. xxx

Just popping in to check up on you - well done for getting back on track. Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and fab weekend xxx

Hey, just popping by to say hope you're having a good weekend!x

Sorry not been around. Adam and I have spent a lot of time in bed watching Vampire Diaries. Love it!

We are both very bad WWers. We are definitely getting back to it 100% when we get back from Devon. Plus I want to do at least 2 weeks of "healthy eating". Even when on WW I eat quite a lot of crap. No crisps or milk chocolate, proper breakfast (i.e. smoothies, muesli, fruit and not nesquick!) and lots of FNV. I might write a list of foods I can and can't have. I'll count points to make sure I don't go over, but if I'm under it doesn't matter.. call it a kick start. I need to cleanse my system. Also going to buy my skipping rope and a yoga DVD or something.

Downloading episode 14 of Vampire Diaries, but then have to wait each week for the episodes :cry: I hate when I discover something awesome and it ends! Waiting for Glee to come back in April and True Blood to come back in June.

Know what you mean about doing ww & still eating rubbish!
I feel terrible & would so love to have a colonic irrigation...get it all out:D!

Will steal your idea & write a list but my stumbling block is that i cant chuck out all the choc etc as it would be cruel to deprive dd of her goodies!:sigh:

Good luck for your return to healthy eating! x

I blitzed all the ww crap from my cupboards Jess, only to find myself in Asda buying ww malt loaf and ww ice creams lol oh well after i've eaten those i'll cut out all the crap :D

Oh, no Valentine's day for me as such. 14th of Feb meant Chinese New Year to me this year! Sorry to be a misery, but I don't like the idea of it :p I feel that any romantic gesture is undone as there's no personal reason behind it and it's just because society says so! Haha, V-day scrooge. Vroooge. I'm just not that fussed about romance anyway, except on my anniversary.. and the one this week is the first one we've celebrated in years as student years have been very poor! I'm more concerned with the little day to day things than big romantic gestures.. like not moaning about going food shopping! Just now Adam said to me on MSN he's saved the yolk from his scotch egg for me. Aww, that stuff is what I like! Plus when he remembers, he'll buy me a scratch card every now and again which I appreciate more than flowers as it's personal. That said, I am looking forward to [STRIKE]glugging[/STRIKE] sipping champagne in a hot tub on my anniversary :heartpump: I think v-day is great for people who are into that kind of stuff though.

I can't really think of a list of things I can't have when I get back. Crisps, milk chocolate.. but what else? I just want to eat "natural", unprocessed food. Food without a whole list of ingredients and chemicals in. Nothing too sugary either. Plus no takeaways! Ooh, and more fish too. I really like fish, but never cook it.. I don't really know what to do with it, so best get looking up some recipes.

I've also made a decision to be more strict with my meat. I'd rather have less ethical meat (as it's more expensive) than lots of cheaper meat. I'll start that at the same time. If I'm serious about it I'll have to be very careful when eating out and maybe stick to veggie meals. I eat mostly chicken and always buy freedom food chicken, but I will start getting free range and organic. I don't bother with organic veg but on a trip for my degree we went to an organic cow farm and they have to be free range to be classed as organic. I sometimes think about becoming vegetarian but I've tried before and can't stick to it. I will also check sauces to make sure all eggs in them are free range etc as I'd NEVER buy non free range eggs, but don't even give a thought to egg products. As well as meat all my fish will have to be sustainable as extinction is even worse!

Last edited:
Back