Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Woohoo good result! x

well done Jess! :D xxx

Well done jess.

just caught up, Adam sounds alot like MrB-lovely but can be bloomin annoying, Despite being 37 he still thinks he lives in student digs and i am just his (very ) glamourous landlady !!

Well you must be doing summat right then! Sod it - I'm off to eat junk food if it'll lose me 2lbs!

Adam and moi just joined up to the National Trust for £16.50 each. I've been finding places near the journey to work but we'll probably have to go in the morning as they shut too early, booo. Probably because of dogging. We can go to different places over the weekend. Lots of nice walks ahead :)

I am going to do lots of cooking for this freezer tomorrow. 2 x 700g of mince for £6 will give me 2 cottage pies, a load of spag bol and a load of chili. I'll also get 2 chicken breasts and lots of veg to make a huge curry and will make some turkey burgers as everyone seems to be raving about them. They'll go well with micro chips.. can't believe they're 2.5 points :)

I also want to make a cake, but obviously not eat it all.

Last edited:
Adam and moi just joined up to the National Trust for £16.50 each. I've been finding places near the journey to work but we'll probably have to go in the morning as they shut too early, booo. Probably because of dogging. We can go to different places over the weekend. Lots of nice walks ahead :)

We're members too,very usefull its been-great on holiday if it rains to find something indoors to do and when you're travelling it means free parking and nice loos !!

Not been a very good dieter recently :sigh: I have given myself until Monday to get it out of my system (even though I've only got back into it for a week, I always need a start point) and I really have to crack on to lose at least 12lbs by May. If I'm still 14lbs away from a healthy BMI by then I will have to do Cambridge Diet for 4 weeks.. I really don't want to be overweight when I go on hoilday to France. I've never done a VLCD before and I don't know how I'll cope on it but I will just have to stick it out. I think the newness of it will make me last the 4 weeks, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

I've had some yummy food though :eek: I have a box of baklawa in the cupboard that was on offer and a tub of dulce de leche icecream. I had pizza the other night and ribs on another! I don't do things by halves, I've scoffed my squishy little face. I decided to have a binge one night last week and walked around the supermarket ready to shove in all the goodies I'd been dreaming of but I ended up with a bag of shots (which took 3 days to eat, pssh!) and a bag of crisps.. that is nothing compared to the old days, so that's a plus.

There are a few things I have come to realise. I can't give up all the crappy stuff because it just makes me want it more. However, I can't have it in the house either because I just eat it for the sake of it. So, if I want a choccy bar I'll buy ONEEEE from the supermarket when I want it, not in advance. Same for crisps, I am not buying multipacks of low fat crisps as I just eat loads of them. I would never buy them if I wasn't on a diet even though I quite like them. I'll stick to buying a packet when I fancy and going for the kind I want (like kettle chips) as they're not that bad really.. I'd rather take the point hit and savour them. So no more low fat crisps and choc everyday, just fit in the good stuff when I want it. Another thing is that the main reason why I'm eating crappy meals is because we get home so late most times and I don't want to waste what little evening I have cooking a proper dinner every night so I'm being better prepared. I have 4 cottage pies and 4 spag bols in the freezer as well as some turkey burgers (I don't know how other people make them, but I used turkey mince, onions and carrots processed, salt, pepper and parika with an egg to bind. They were a little soggy from the carrot/onion moisture but they turned out fine once cooked and were yum :) I need to work out the points for this though, how many points in 500g of lean turkey mince? We had ours with a low fat cheese slice, ketchup and American mustard in a bap. I've also stocked up on some micro chips.. 2.5 :O I never made the curry but when I do make it I'll make it biiiig and freeze portions. Well cheap too, as meat is expensive but 2 chicken breasts, aubergine, tinned green beans, sweet potato, spinach and whatever else I fancy adding makes many portions. Canned tomatoes, curry powder.. Voila! This way I will have to cook a lot less so will be happier to do so and have some back up if I can't be arsed at 8:30 on a Friday night.

I had some fruit lager today, a cherry and a raspberry, yum yum! Now on the pimms. Some student I am!

bless you Jess, please promise Mummy K one thing hun and that's not to do the Cambridge diet.
I'm asking you this because you know i've had a weight problem all my life hun and i've tried every and i mean every diet under the sun
hell yes the shakes, soups, bars etc do give a rapid weight loss in a short space of time they also absolutely ruin your metabolism and you'll find after you've finished you'll put weight on more quickly and find it harder to lose, there is absolutely no quick fix to losing weight
it has to be to re-educate yourself about what you eat and why you eat it and deal with it from there one step at a time.

bless you Jess, please promise Mummy K one thing hun and that's not to do the Cambridge diet.
I'm asking you this because you know i've had a weight problem all my life hun and i've tried every and i mean every diet under the sun
hell yes the shakes, soups, bars etc do give a rapid weight loss in a short space of time they also absolutely ruin your metabolism and you'll find after you've finished you'll put weight on more quickly and find it harder to lose, there is absolutely no quick fix to losing weight
it has to be to re-educate yourself about what you eat and why you eat it and deal with it from there one step at a time.

ok then :) I best get my bum into gear then!

Back