Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Such nice weather! I was going to have toad in the hole for dinner today but it's too hot for that. Instead going to split the remaining gammon steak with Adam and have that with some new pots and coleslaw. I'm not really counting calories at the moment, ever since I've moved I've found it hard to do a proper diet so I'm just watching what I eat. It's going well I think, but I will start properly counting either when I get the calorie book or when I move. If I cut my calories down by 500 a day that should be a pound a week and I hope to join the gym once I've moved, which will hopefully be another 1lb a week. I didn't have breakfast today (had a lie-in, makes my mind numbingly boring days go quicker) and for lunch I had a big soup with 2 slices of crustless bread. That lunch is around 350 calories and my dinner seems quite low too so I'm going to have some drinkies tonight. We've got a bit of gin and barcardi lying around, so I'm thinking mojitos and something else.

It's my birthday a week today. I've got Adam to book off the Thursday and Friday. On the Thursday we're going to go down to Brighton and if I haven't heard back from the job (application deadline tomorrow, so should have if I've got an interview) I think we'll have a look at some houses in Hayward's Heath while we're down that way. Friday I'm going back to the shire and I'm hoping England will beat Germany so there will be a family BBQ. Football is a big thing in my family and it means everyone will be around to give me money :p Hopefully I can see some friends too, but I think most of them are off travelling somewhere or other. Also going to view a wedding venue in Evesham as it's on the way. My bestie, Hen, is off somewhere but when she's back in London we're going to try the Brilliant Restaurant which is supposed to be the best Indian in London.

This Saturday I think we are going to Osterley Park (best £16 I ever spent, that National Trust membership!) with a blanket and our books to chill in the sun. Because it's NT there will be no horrid chavs with no tops on, drinking lager and swearing. I may even take a couple of wine spritzers. The NT sent me a voucher in the post recently for a cream tea for 2. A pot of tea and 4 scones with jam and cream. Mmm. May have to use that and if there are no cream teas it's just a voucher for £9 towards food. I <3 the national trust!

Last edited:
I love Brighton love all the little side streets with there posh antique shops etc
a quick stroll along the seafront then Harry Ramsden's for a big Eff off plate of his finest with a double helping of mushy peas pure bliss.

Sounds like you'll have a lovely birthday week :D

General eating healthy is a good place to start Jess and as soon as your settled and in a routine I'm sure you'll find the calorie counting easy peasey
I actually think although I love my parents dearly any more than 2 days at a time I would be going gaga
I think I'd actually want to throttle me dad haha!!!
I bet you can't wait to move, and get the lovely Cassi back

I think I <3 the NT too. Without sounding selfish, but that is something I would love to do if Eesha wasn't around (God, that sounds awful, but you know what I mean) - But I seriously don't think its the place to take a 2 year old... It just sounds too peaceful.

Hope you hear something back about the job soon after tomorrow. xxx

I think the National Trust is great for kids, actually. Obviously, she probably wouldn't get much out of going around the houses etc at her age but the grounds are always really big and nice! Osterley park is just like any other London park with a massive house plonked at one end.. it's got a big lake too with swans/ducks in. I always see lots of kids about and I don't think anyone would be like "oh look at that ghastly child having fun" :p Plus a lot of it is just quiet beaches (as in no fairs, restaurants, piers) and countryside areas with free parking for members. It's definitely worth the money, but you need a car really (I can't remember if you've got one yet). Oh, and they have lots of special things on for kids, like treasure hunts and stuff :)

I love Brighton love all the little side streets with there posh antique shops etc
a quick stroll along the seafront then Harry Ramsden's for a big Eff off plate of his finest with a double helping of mushy peas pure bliss.

Sounds like you'll have a lovely birthday week :D

General eating healthy is a good place to start Jess and as soon as your settled and in a routine I'm sure you'll find the calorie counting easy peasey
I actually think although I love my parents dearly any more than 2 days at a time I would be going gaga
I think I'd actually want to throttle me dad haha!!!
I bet you can't wait to move, and get the lovely Cassi back

I have never had a Harry Ramsden's and I keep trying but never happens. This time!

They aren't too bad to live with, I'm used to it now. It doesn't matter who I was living in though, I just like having my own house. I miss putting my music on while cooking and I miss my purdy cat! Plus I just detest Southall really, especially after someone smashed Adam's window. I feel like I can't leave the house on my own!

Last edited:
(see previous page first :p) Just had a little look and there's loooots of stuff for kids. This weekend there is a teddy bears picnic and story telling, and at the same place (Surrey though, a bit of a drive) there's an open air beauty and the beast production where you can sit and have a picnic whilst watching it. They have things like bat walks, pond dipping.. you can look on the website for events in NT london area. Whilst looking I saw the place in Surrey is putting on Jazz Sunday afternoon and it no extra cost. Just sit in the park on a blanket and listen to some jazz. Or it's open until 9pm Saturday for late night picnics.. I don't know which to do! Choices, choices.

Nic made a comment in other Nic's diary about keeping a camcorder on Adam to catch his idiocies.. but I don't have a camcorder, and I don't have that much interest in Adam :p I do have a crappy photo camera that records though and a cute cat! It reminded me I have these two videos on YouTube:

Cassi as a kitten chasing my mouse cursor:
YouTube - Cute Silly Kitten

Cassi playing fetch:
YouTube - Fetch!

Aaaargh, I want to eat her face. I can't wait to get her back! Once she's settled into her new home (which shouldn't take long, she should be used to be shuffled about by now, poor thing) we are going to get another kitten.

Oh and no Jazz for me because of the stupid football :(

Awwwww. She is so adorably precious Jess. I LOVE her. No wonder you miss her so much.

My Bailey fetches too. His favourite is a crisp packet folded into a triangle. He loves fetching those but now as soon as he sees us finish a packet he gets all hyper and starts wailing at us.

I just loved your stories of Adams stumbles. Bless.

I must say though, I might think about a man bag for Andy now I know Adam lets you keep your comfy shoes in it!

the things we must sacrifice for football.. i have no exciting plans for sunday either :p

well done Jess :D how long until you move now? xxx

ahhhhh how exciting :) i remember shopping for my first house.. it was stressful but really really exciting. cant wait to go house shopping for mine and mattys first house together (as this is MINE, he just lodges for free :p)

ahhhhh how exciting :) i remember shopping for my first house.. it was stressful but really really exciting. cant wait to go house shopping for mine and mattys first house together (as this is MINE, he just lodges for free :p)

Well, this will be mine and Adam's third house and I've moved 6 times in 4 years, so it's wearing a little thin. I wish I could just click my fingers and be settled in! Very excited though.

i hate moving.. i dont envy you that part :p xxx

Back