Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Today is a good week. Adam got a good payrise. I got the law job :D I start sometime in January when they move to bigger offices and I will be a trainee law costs draftsman. Perhaps I should do the lottery, they say good things come in 3s! Well I would if I had more than £2 in the bank :rolleyes: After doing the trial I think I will really enjoy the job and it seems like a really nice office to work in. Means I'm stuck at M&S over xmas though, mega boos. I will be working xmas eve for the first time ever :cry:Oh well, at least I have my weekend with my girlies to look forward to. Mumma K, Nik, Hannah.. if you read this, are any of you wanting to park at my house and get a lift with me(read: Adam)?

I'm not really dieting atm, but not binging either. Hovering around the same weight, maybe have gained 1/2lb. Adam made me a yummy dinner last night of meatballs in honey mustard créme fraiche with spaghetti and I made a garlic bread with some paninnis. Dinner tonight, judging by what is not frozen, will either be chicken, green beans and bulgar wheat in a marinade, or turkey escalopes with homemade coleslaw. Following recipes for the week from a cooking mag. I am probably going to go to a WW meeting nearby when the new one rolls out and start from there, I don't want to get my head back into WW points if they're changing, I haven't done it for so long.

:D:D:D
Mumma K is so proud of you Jess
many congratulations on getting the job, but what I did tell you, I knew you would I just knew it.

Jess if I give you the booking details of the flights can you print out the tickets for us hen as obviously I don't have a printer :D

I'm not sure about parking yet Jess, as Steve's off that week so i'm hoping he'll drop me at Gatwick and pick me up otherwise I was looking at the Gatwick Express :D its like a mini holiday for me and I don't want to spend a lot of the weekend driving if you get me.

Oh Jess! I'm so happy for you chuck! That's great news about the law job. Hurray!

I think working in retail is actually quite fun over Xmas - I've worked Xmas Eve many years and it's all so festive. A massive rush as everyone panic buys but I always used to really enjoy it. To be fair I still work XE nowadays, just without all the hyper and bustle! Anyway just think of the discount for Xmas prezzies and food and also that January is a perfect time to start a new job!

Sounds like all is going well for you hun - so pleased x x

:D:D:D
Mumma K is so proud of you Jess
many congratulations on getting the job, but what I did tell you, I knew you would I just knew it.

Jess if I give you the booking details of the flights can you print out the tickets for us hen as obviously I don't have a printer :D

I'm not sure about parking yet Jess, as Steve's off that week so i'm hoping he'll drop me at Gatwick and pick me up otherwise I was looking at the Gatwick Express :D its like a mini holiday for me and I don't want to spend a lot of the weekend driving if you get me.

Thank you :) Yeah, send away, I'm at work with Adam now so I can print them off here as we don't have a printer either. Also, can I have the hotel ref so I can try get me and Han in a twin?

Oh Jess! I'm so happy for you chuck! That's great news about the law job. Hurray!

I think working in retail is actually quite fun over Xmas - I've worked Xmas Eve many years and it's all so festive. A massive rush as everyone panic buys but I always used to really enjoy it. To be fair I still work XE nowadays, just without all the hyper and bustle! Anyway just think of the discount for Xmas prezzies and food and also that January is a perfect time to start a new job!

Sounds like all is going well for you hun - so pleased x x

Thanks lovely! I have thought about the discount, will be great on booze over xmas :) New year, new start. M&S will be so much more enjoyable now I know it's not my job for the foresable future. I just hated not knowing if I'd be stuck there forever!

Yeeeaaayyyy!! Congratualtions Jess, I'm so pleased that you got that job and I totally agree with Hannah, January is a great time to start, new year, new year :D

Well done chick xxx

heya hun big congrats on the law job!!! that's ace!!! :D sure Jan will be round in no time at all! :) haha @ working at M&S for xmas oh god i know that feeling so glad i found a different retail company to work for this year hehe 3 years at M&S company... enough to drive me insane! love the bonus', discounts and little perks like bakery at 20p a bag teehee :p but it comes to a point when even all those doesnt help you get on with the work! good luck with all the turkey orders! ;) hehehe xxx

Just repped ya congrats! x

Thanks everyone, love you all :D

I cannot wait to start my new jobby, I came home from work yesterday and fell asleep for 2 hours. I'm getting 6-7 hours sleep a night but it just seems my body clock is not set for early starts. I keep saying to myself "two more shifts until my day off, three until the weekend then it's November and only 2 more months".

Weighed myself today and am up 0.4lb.. that's ok, I haven't been dieting but I do hope my local WW gets the new one in soonish, as they are rolling them out gradually I think? As long as I don't gain much I'm ok but I want to start losing again, I was looking at old pictures earlier and I look so much better even at 12 stone. I had a little binge today as I haven't been able to have any snacks at all for a week and got paid today.. I ate a big bag of M&S crisps and a 8 biscuits, which isn't much by my standards. It gave me the worst tummy ache I've had in ages. My tummy has been a bit upset recently, even with just normal meals, so I think it comes and goes in stages but this made it much worse. Won't be doing that any time soon! I always seem to start WW just before xmas :rolleyes:

We're having a halloween party on Saturday. Adam's boss and his wife do one every year and this year we said they could do it at ours, we'd help out but they'd have to invite people as we don't have enough friends down this way. I've been thinking of lots of themed food to do. We're going with a haunted house theme rather than cutesy orange stuff so I've got some things to make. She has lots of fake candles so I need to make some paper mache balloons, stick them on a stick, put a candle inside and cover with see-throughish white material.. put in a circle in the garden, circle of ghosts! White candles with red wax dripped on so they look like they're bleeding, etc. They always pick a theme and this year it's fantasy and sci-fi, I'm just doing a witch and Adam's doing a robot.

Soooo cold, we need to buy some wood logs and phurnacite but I don't want to buy £60 worth in one go and not sure where I can buy small bags from. Just had to buy a gas canister re-fill for the hob, I think it lasts 12-18 months but sucky timing! It is £52 :cool: So, people, when you are feeling cold think of me without any heating for the past couple of weeks :p

Oh good god no heating??? im a stingy git tho & try not to have the heating on unless its freezing,my hot water bottle gets alot of use i can tell you!

Hope you have a fab party will cassi be ok with loads of people in the house? & well done for only a tincy gain xx

Oh good god no heating??? im a stingy git tho & try not to have the heating on unless its freezing,my hot water bottle gets alot of use i can tell you!

Hope you have a fab party will cassi be ok with loads of people in the house? & well done for only a tincy gain xx

I'm alright really. I'm used to it, my parents house didn't have double glazing or heating either! I spent my life wrapped in a duvet :) They had gas heaters in the kitchen and living room though, so no faffing around with lighting coal and wood, but it's nice once it's going (providing we have some fuel!). I use blankets, hot water bottle and my dressing gown.. it will do for now, just a touch of cold hands!

She'll hide upstairs or maybe go out the cat flap. She came down towards the end of the house warming, though tends to be a bit skittish.

I bet it's blinking cold in the countryside Jess
I don't envy you that bit, but I'd gladly pay the price to live where you do
Party sounds fab too

I bet it's blinking cold in the countryside Jess
I don't envy you that bit, but I'd gladly pay the price to live where you do
Party sounds fab too

Yeah, I'm not entirely into it though as we have to sell some stuff on ebay to make sure the party doesn't take too much out of next month's budget :p Role on new job.

I've been thinking about your 50th party, got some good ideas.. it's going to be very classy! :D

Party sounds fab Jess and all those people will make the house warmer! I grew up without central heating or double glazing too and you do get used to it - my parents only had a fire (gas) in the living room and you were only allowed to have that on if the room was full! Bathroom was always fffffreeezing - I used to get dried and dressed at the speed of light.

Love the sound of your party Jess, you need to take plenty of photo's for us lot.

I couldn't cope without heating, hate being cold. I drive Andy crazy because the house is usually too hot. You'll feel like your on your summer hols in my living room!

Back