Jess's Diary - Weighed in a day early..

Oooh, I'll love it, Nick goes mad if he even sniffs the fact that I have thought about putting the heating on, he's all "Have you put the heating on?" And I'm like "FFS, I only just thought about it when my leg snapped off from the cold!"

Haha, is that from being a tight arse or does he prefer the cold? I'd have thought coming from Algeria he'd love the warmth! Then against people acclimatise really quickly. I love being toasty, in summer Adam and I have fights over the car air con.. it gives me a headache! I like to bask in the sun, not freeze myself.

Party sounds fab Jess!!

Oh I can't stand the cold and have to admit our heating is on every day whether OH likes it or not. He thinks there is something wrong with me as I'm roasting hot but still feel the cold ha ha :D

Have a lovely weekend hun

xx

Yoo hoo Jess
Where are you ? And how did it go ?

Ditto! :D how was the fab party hun? hope you all had a lovely time and enjoyed your weekend xxx

Hello!!

Halloween party went very well :) The house looked really good all decked out. I took a couple of pictures of the house but the flash ruins the effect really. The living room had a UV light bulb in and we wrote on the wall and did hand prints. There were fake tealights all in the garden, fake creepy wallpaper, lots of cobwebs, candles etc etc. Themed food. My costume went a bit tits-up, I didn't like my green make-up as it went streaky so showered that off then the zip on my witch dress broke so I looked very lazy! Got rather drunk, didn't puke though I did have to fight it for that awful twilight hour awakeness I always seem to get. Have had the munchies since then though :p There are a lot of cakes left here, dammit!

I'm really looking forward to the new WW, I think I'm going to sign up to the monthly pass just for one month then go to the meeting next Tuesday. I know they are rolling it out from the 7th, but will all meetings get them or will it take time to reach them all? Also, if I don't sign up for a monthly pass how much will it cost me to join and go to that one meeting? Anyone know? I think it has been a very, very long time since I actually dieted :eek:

Pictures on my facebook, I've been tagged.

Re: Jess's Diary - Halloween = success

Glad the party went well Jess
trust you are both okay
could you remind Adam he does have a mother haha!! Who would like to hear from him on the odd occasion xx

Glad the party went well Jess
trust you are both okay
could you remind Adam he does have a mother haha!! Who would like to hear from him on the odd occasion xx

Will do, but it's hard as he doesn't know your working shift. Do you have a set pattern yet that we can write on the calander? When's your next day off, I'll get him to give you a call. I personally hate phone calls with a passion, haven't phoned my mother in a very long time and just talk to her on facebook :rolleyes: I make Adam do all phonecalls, I won't even call for a takeaway. I'm glad you are on this, much better way to stay in contact with you :D Just need to get Adam to sign up and we'll be sorted.

halloween party looked fab :D have a lovely weekend!

looking forward to wedding discussions :D xxx

Not really Nik, I was working! Starting to really dislike the job, just getting through one day at a time.

I have signed up to WW online and I'm on 31 propoints a day. I don't like not having physical books and calculator plus a list of foods, but I'll give online a go. I might sign up to the monthly pass and do that for a month. I will start tomorrow but weigh in on Sundays for the time being as it's the only day I'm not up too early every week.

My parents are coming down this week and are bringing my niece :D I haven't seen her in aaaages so I'm really looking forward to that. She can say so much more than when I last saw so I'm hoping I can have a sort of conversation with her. I will take her to mcds as she apparently loves it. Mum asked her if she wanted to go to the safari park or somewhere else fun, can't remember, and she said "mcdonalds nanny!". Kids! I'll also get her some percy pigs from m&s and tell her they are peppa pig sweets. Not sure what else to do with her really!

I've bought a couple of xmas pressies. There were big tins of biscuits in m&s down from £12 to £6 then with my discount that was £4.80 so bought a few of those as family presents. I have too many relatives so I give something to each family. Last year I made hampers, can't be faffing about with that again!

Last edited:
I've tracked my first day, just need to stick to it :) I think I might do the whole week and then buy the food.

Breakfast - 6
Two weetabix - 3
SS milk - 2
2 tsp sugar - 1

Lunch - 9
Two slices of bread - 5
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter - 3
2 tsp low fat butter - 1

Dinner - 16
250g potato cut into chips - 5
1 teaspoon of oil - 1
2 tbsp ketchup - 1
2 tuna fishcakes - 9
Free veg lurking in the veg drawer hopefully! 2 points for peas!

Snacks - 0
Satsuma - 0

31/31
0/49

I'm starting today but I'm going to keep the weekly allowance as 49, even though it won't be a full week. It's weird because I found it really hard to save points for treats before and would just be like "ah, sod it, one meal out won't hurt". Now I'm reluctant to use my weekly allowance for normal daily food, so I think it will make me plan my meals better and actually point my treats/meals outs. So far, so good. I am going for an Indian tomorrow with Adam's work so I may need to use some for that and I'll probably need some for the weekend too.

Oh and I loooove the actifry, many thanks to mumma K. Made some roasties in there last night and they were great. Chips today. M&S were selling half price chickens for a few days and I have a nice free range one sitting in the freezer, so I think I will do a roast on Sunday of chicken, actifry roasties, stuffing, gravy and free veg.

Changed my ticker. I would like to be 10 stone, if not 9 st 7 eventually, but at the moment I would just like to be healthy! I think it will be more motivating seeing the bar move along quicker and having less to lose and once I'm there I will decide where to go next.

Hey Jess,

Loving the biscuit idea - I've seen Thorntons are doing massive boxes of chocolates half price so I've had the same idea as you and I'm buying loads for Xmas presents!

Can totally understand the logic re: the extra 49 points. I find it hard to save but wouldn't want to use them on everyday food 'just in case' I needed them to splash out so maybe that's part of the theory behind the '49 pts'? I don't think you 'have' to use them either do you? So maybe that's a good thing as I believe you can't earn APs anymore.

Definitely agree with your ticker move - 32lbs is more than enough to be getting on with. Much better to keep your motivation up by giving yourself smaller goals - I'm wishing I'd never set my original goal as it persists in haunting me!

Food looking (and sounding) really good. I made turkey dinner on Sunday (though no actifry I would really love one :() and it was lush. Got the 'basics' stuffing from Sainsbos and I worked it out at only 0.5 for half a pack and it's quite small so just enough for two people. Mind you that's old points so probably doesn't help you!

Anyway, menus looking good :)

Hey Jess,

Loving the biscuit idea - I've seen Thorntons are doing massive boxes of chocolates half price so I've had the same idea as you and I'm buying loads for Xmas presents!
I've seen those, couldn't possibly buy them though as they most definitely wouldn't last 'til xmas! Biscuits I can leave :eek:

Can totally understand the logic re: the extra 49 points. I find it hard to save but wouldn't want to use them on everyday food 'just in case' I needed them to splash out so maybe that's part of the theory behind the '49 pts'? I don't think you 'have' to use them either do you? So maybe that's a good thing as I believe you can't earn APs anymore.

No, you can still gain APs :) 10 minutes walking is 1 propoint, so that's an extra point for me when I get the bus home! You could always do the free 2 week trail if you wanted to give it a go? I've got used to the online thing already, it's pretty good actually.

Definitely agree with your ticker move - 32lbs is more than enough to be getting on with. Much better to keep your motivation up by giving yourself smaller goals - I'm wishing I'd never set my original goal as it persists in haunting me!

Food looking (and sounding) really good. I made turkey dinner on Sunday (though no actifry I would really love one :() and it was lush. Got the 'basics' stuffing from Sainsbos and I worked it out at only 0.5 for half a pack and it's quite small so just enough for two people. Mind you that's old points so probably doesn't help you!

Stuffing was always quite low on the old plan so I'm hoping it's the same on the new :) I'll have to look it up.

Anyway, menus looking good :)

Thanks for popping in :)

Hi Jess
all the plans are sounding good :D
i'm loving the change of plan hope you enjoy it too I thought the same with the books etc so going to order the delux package asap

Back