JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Thanks Em! How's it going for you? :)

Update on day 2 of 100% plan:
I'm gonna be strict and syn the lunch as 6 just in case with the skin. Then had some butter with fish 2 syns 1 syn of ketchup and I've treat myself with 5 syns of Cadbury fingers.

Total daily syns: 14/15 :)

xxxx

Nandos question
Are the following syns correct for Nandos?
Butterfly chicken with skin 3.5 syns; Rice 2.5 syns; Corn on cob Free; Sauces 1 syn per tbsp?
Then a few syns for oil?

Thank you :) xxxx

Nandos question
Are the following syns correct for Nandos?
Butterfly chicken with skin 3.5 syns; Rice 2.5 syns; Corn on cob Free; Sauces 1 syn per tbsp?
Then a few syns for oil?

Thank you :) xxxx

Hey Jess, when I went to nandos the other day I had in mind that meal was 6 syns (had previously read someone elses post) and had it with corn on the cob and salad with balsamic vinegar :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Jess, when I went to nandos the other day I had in mind that meal was 6 syns (had previously read someone elses post) and had it with corn on the cob and salad with balsamic vinegar :) x

The butterfly chicken was 6? :) xxxx

The butterfly chicken was 6? :) xxxx

Sorry.. the butterfly chicken and rice was 6 syns from what I had previously read x

Sorry.. the butterfly chicken and rice was 6 syns from what I had previously read x

Ah fab that's what I've read too then :) I'm gonna try and not have any syns that day apart from nandos to cover any hidden syns :) xxxx Thanks honey

Love nandos for eating out! Perfect for staying on plan while having serious yumminess!! I always have the butterfly chicken with rice and corn on the cob myself! x

Do you count that as 6 syns as well hun? xxxx

Day 3 of 100% Plan Week

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB) with a chopped up banana (SF) this worked well because the banana gave it the sweetness without needing any sugar/sweetener :) Grapes Strawberries (SF) Cuppa (1/4 HEA) Cereal Milk (1/2 HEA - weetabix needs a fair bit of milk)
Lunch: Homemade leek and potato soup :D Leeks (SF) Potato (F) Stock (F)
Snacks: Orange (SF) Yoghurt (F)
Dinner: This isn't definite as the boy is making it but I think we are having chicken (F) with roasted veg (SF) and maybe some rice (F)
Syns: 2 ryvita thins with the soup (4 syns), maybe 3 syns for some oil for the veg (3) and I am going for after works drinks so saving 5 syns for 2 vodka/malibu and diet cokes (5) :)

I think I'm going to make some leek and potato soup tonight for the first time!! What recipe do you use and is it nice? xx

I made mine for the first time yesterday and I really like it! The following made 3 big bowls: 600g potatoes (peeled and chopped into small chunks), 1 large onion chopped well, and 2 small leeks (or 1 large onion) 1.5l stock (I used chicken but you can use veg) salt and pepper.

Put 150ml of stock, 2 bay leaves, and the onion into a large pan. Bring to boil, then simmer for 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Then add the chopped potatoes and leeks and rest of the stock and season. Bring to boil, cover the pan with a lid, and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup either fully to make it creamy (what I did) or leave some chunky :) I added more pepper at the end too.

The recipe also said to stir in some creme fraiche and simmer for a few minutes. I would have done this but I was using it for work so had to reheat it :)

Hope you like it :) xxxx

Nooooooo :/ I managed to be good today with syns: 4 for ryvita thins, 5 for 2 vodka and diet cokes, and a kinder bar 3.5 syns and 1 syn of polo. 13.5/15 then realised the sauce we cooked out stirfry (trying to be super healthy) had 9 syns in each! :/ so total syns 22.5/15 :(

But nothing I can do except make up for it over the rest of the week. 7.5 syns over so if I can keep syns to 7.5 one day this week I've done what I can for damage control

Anyone else ever done this?!

Nooooooo :/ I managed to be good today with syns: 4 for ryvita thins, 5 for 2 vodka and diet cokes, and a kinder bar 3.5 syns and 1 syn of polo. 13.5/15 then realised the sauce we cooked out stirfry (trying to be super healthy) had 9 syns in each! :/ so total syns 22.5/15 :( But nothing I can do except make up for it over the rest of the week. 7.5 syns over so if I can keep syns to 7.5 one day this week I've done what I can for damage control Anyone else ever done this?!

I think we all have lovely. It's really frustrating but so easy done! I make our own stir fry sauces now with oyster sauce mostly because then the syns aren't extortionate like some of the packet ones. I'm sure you can have a low syn day and pull it back - don't panic xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think we all have lovely. It's really frustrating but so easy done! I make our own stir fry sauces now with oyster sauce mostly because then the syns aren't extortionate like some of the packet ones. I'm sure you can have a low syn day and pull it back - don't panic xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ive done this loads Jess and as long as you mindful of it the following day you will be absolutely fine :D especially as you will still be within the weekly syns.. hope it was a good dinner though! :) I always make my stir fry sauces now with soy sauce, chilli, garlic, ginger and some chicken stock and maybe syn a little sweet chilli sauce as well-blooming lovely and only about 1-2 syns :D Xx

Thanks girls :) we usually do make it but it was there and looked healthy :/ anyway I'll have to pull it back on Friday. Although I'm officially weighing in tomorrow these 7 days don't end until Sunday and I've been on it perfectly except from that little blip. Feeling fine about it today but was proper gutted last night!

Woohoo it's Thursday - nearly the weekend :)

Thursday Day 4 100%

Breakfast: Weetabix (HEB) and grapes (SF)
Lunch: Leek and potato soup (F) and 1 ryvita thin (1syn)
Snacks: Melon (SF) Orange (SF) and a yoghurt (F)
Dinner: Nandos :D Butterfly chicken (3.5 syns) Rice (2.5 syns) Corn on the cob (F) Diet coke (F) and 2 level tbsp of sauce (2syns?)
That gives me 6 syns to play with for hidden oil!

xxxx

I'm excited :D it's more a nice meal with the boy. I think when you live together you eat out less when actually it's more important that you do.

xxxx

I'm excited :D it's more a nice meal with the boy. I think when you live together you eat out less when actually it's more important that you do.

xxxx

Damn right! Enjoy your time with the boy! ;) xxx

I will honey :) you enjoy time with yours xxxx

Back