JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Chorizo is just so divine isnt it! Can totally transform a dish! Dinner sounds yum..and WELL DONE on the low synnage yesterday!
Hope training isnt too dire..I have 2 days of it tomorrow and Friday so will be needing the caffeine hits no doubt too!! :) xx

Wednesday 16th October
Red Day

Breakfast
Weetabix (HEB1) with milk and 2 drinks (HEA1)
Lunch Leftover Quorn dinner from last night. Gonna have to syn the kidney beans (4?) but I wasn't going to waste it!
Snacks 2 satsuma, 3 ryvita wholegrain (HEB2), Melon, Yoghurt
Dinner Cod, brocolli, tomatoes and chorizo (2.5/28g - not sure how much gonna use yet) bake :) with extra vegetables!

HEA 2 Mill for more coffees

I'm at recruitment training today so needed my snacks to stop me munching on free biscuits. Also thought I might need a lot of coffee so saved my HEA2 for milk.

Hope everyone has a lovely day :) xxxx

Hey love diary is looking great again today! One thing though (hopefully I have it accurate) you can turn today into a green day and have the kidney beans for free and if you haven't had them, you could swop the ryvita for the cod as a heb but depends if saving 4 syns or having ryvita is more important ;)

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love love love chorizo - I could just eat it all day .... but obviously not allowed now

Training is okay .... interesting enough but starving. Brought my lunch in to help but it's boiling and only got 25 mins to eat it.

xxxx

Training finished and I am hungry .... gonna have my yoghurt (trying to save my HEB so I can have something later) and count down until home and tea time xxxx

Hey love diary is looking great again today! One thing though (hopefully I have it accurate) you can turn today into a green day and have the kidney beans for free and if you haven't had them, you could swop the ryvita for the cod as a heb but depends if saving 4 syns or having ryvita is more important ;)

Xx

Heya sweetie
I've never thought about that! I think fish was a bit big and we had chorizo too (which is more syns on green)
I didn't have ryvita though .... Hmm won't risk it in case fish was too much but makes me feel better about my syns :) thanks honey
xxxx

Syns yesterday: Chorizo (2.5) Kidney beans (4) Mikado x 4 (2): 8.5 :) that's okay :)

Thursday 17th October
Green Day

Breakfast
Weetabix (HEB) Milk allowance in that and cuppa (HEA) Banana and Grapes (SF)
Lunch
Homemade soup: brocolli and spinach and onion and garlic and chilli (SF) Sprinkle of cheese (HEA)
3 Ryvita multigrain (HEB) oil (3 syns)
Snacks
Satsuma (SF) Yoghurt (F) Mugshot (F)
Dinner
Sausage casserole: Linda McCartney rosemary and onion sausages (F) red onion, garlic, peppers, mushrooms (SF) chopped tomatoes (F); Served with sweet potato mash (F)
Syns
TBC There might be a few chocolate ones in there

Going to the gym tonight. Definitely gonna try day 3 of c25k and do some strength training. Still aching from Tuesday though so I might have to work hard!

Hope everyone has a nice day xxxx woohoo Friday tomorrow :)

OMG everyone's food is putting mine to shame!! That soup and casserole sounds pure AMAZE!!! You have to take pics of the casserole and let me know what the soup is like as it sounds super easy to make. I need a couple of really good weeks so planning on souping it up next week!! I think I'm going to make two pots of soups and freeze them individually so I can alternate them through the week and not get bored.

As for mikado, I've stayed clear of those the entire time I've been doing SW. They look so tiny despite being such low syns - I'd definitely not be able to stop at just a few!! x

Mmm which flavour mikado did you go for?! I have some white choccie ones at the mo..think they are my fav! And so good for only 0.5syns each!! Xx

Milk chocolate :) they are amazing aren't they xxxx

OMG everyone's food is putting mine to shame!! That soup and casserole sounds pure AMAZE!!! You have to take pics of the casserole and let me know what the soup is like as it sounds super easy to make. I need a couple of really good weeks so planning on souping it up next week!! I think I'm going to make two pots of soups and freeze them individually so I can alternate them through the week and not get bored.

As for mikado, I've stayed clear of those the entire time I've been doing SW. They look so tiny despite being such low syns - I'd definitely not be able to stop at just a few!! x

The soup is um interesting. It is very healthy but not the nicest tasting thing in the world, but that could just be my tastebuds tbh.

I will take pics of the casserole :) I took pics last night but can only upload them when at work. I'll do it at lunch :)

It can be hard to stop but 4 is usually enough for me, but even 8 is only 4 syns so not bad at all

xxxx

The soup is actually really good, so I will share the recipe :)

Broccoli and Spinach Soup
(serves 2)

1 large onion - chopped
2 cloves garlic - chopped
250 g brocolli - chopped into medium sized florets
Handful of spinach
Vegetable stock 150ml
White stilton

Fry the onion and garlic with either frylight or oil (3 syns for oil)
Stir in the broccoli and spinach
Simmer in the vegetable stock for 10 minutes - we left it about 15, but until the brocolli is softish
Leave to cool, blend until smooth, and crumble in white stilton

Easy peasy :character00180:

How much stilton did you use?

I might buy some frozen broccoli and make this - I have loads of frozen spinach already :) xx

Just crumbled a little bit in. Just a pinch really. We also seasoned it with black pepper and chili :)

I think it is the sort of soup which people would love or hate. I can't promise you will like it but it is easy so worth a go

xxxx

I have a confession .... I have synned (Haha made me laugh thinking of that line from the sound of music)
Anyhoo I have synned with a gorgeous shortbread round with Belgian chocolate in it. It was worth the 5.5 syns! I resisted having more than 1, which was very difficult, and managed so phew!

Syns so far today are 3 for oil, 1 for polos and 5.5 for shortbread. 5.5 left but will try and bit have them all as weigh in is tomorrow :/

xxxx

I have a confession .... I have synned (Haha made me laugh thinking of that line from the sound of music)
Anyhoo I have synned with a gorgeous shortbread round with Belgian chocolate in it. It was worth the 5.5 syns! I resisted having more than 1, which was very difficult, and managed so phew!

Syns so far today are 3 for oil, 1 for polos and 5.5 for shortbread. 5.5 left but will try and bit have them all as weigh in is tomorrow :/

xxxx

Thats what they are there for!! Hope you enjoyed every single crumb ;) Xx

Not a fan of those sausages :/ the sauce I made was really tasty but all I wanted was real sausages. So id have the Quorn mince again but that's it I think. Anyway at least I know now :) xxxx

Back