JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Not a fan of those sausages :/ the sauce I made was really tasty but all I wanted was real sausages. So id have the Quorn mince again but that's it I think. Anyway at least I know now :) xxxx

At least you tried :) I quite like them, but sometimes you can't bet the real thing! Xx

Maybe! The boy didn't mind them. I think I just believed they were sausages and forgot they werent so got a shock haha. Don't be sorry I'm so glad I tried them :) xxxx

Boo :( maintain! Really annoying as I have measured everything and stayed within my syns. Also annoying cos I weighed myself at gym and it was showing 1.5-2lb loss yesterday! But different scales and all that, although they usually match. So I'm a bit bloated so could be that, I started gym again, I haven't drank enough water .... My weekend last weekend counteracted the week? No idea

Plus James maintained again and I've no idea how :/

xxxx

Boo :( maintain! Really annoying as I have measured everything and stayed within my syns. Also annoying cos I weighed myself at gym and it was showing 1.5-2lb loss yesterday! But different scales and all that, although they usually match. So I'm a bit bloated so could be that, I started gym again, I haven't drank enough water .... My weekend last weekend counteracted the week? No idea

Plus James maintained again and I've no idea how :/

xxxx

Sorry to hear you didn't get the result you had hoped for. A maintain is still not a gain though, plus I am sure that there will be a shift in the next couple of days (I tend to get a shift a day or two after my weigh in) which I know is very annoying but at least it shows we are still so close to a loss!

Keep up the hard work Jess because you have done so well this week!! I know it can be disheartening, but try not to let it rule the weekend for you guys. Keep on plan and I am sure you will get that loss very soon :D Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks hun. It's really annoying as I really thought we would both lose this week. I'm more bothered that James has stayed the same for a month now .... not sure what is going wrong.

Trying to come up with a plan for the upcoming week xxxx.

I need a hug girlies :( xx

Thanks hun. It's really annoying as I really thought we would both lose this week. I'm more bothered that James has stayed the same for a month now .... not sure what is going wrong.

Trying to come up with a plan for the upcoming week xxxx.

Your bodies may be stuck in a bit of a rut.. try changing a number of things this week?

How about trying to have fish for both/or one main meal a day?

Are you drinking enough water? I do 2-3 litres per day.

Try and make at least one meal a day completely different to what you are used to. (Different snacks too?)

A week of soup for lunch?

Try a different work out at the gym for a week? The app 'running for weight loss' is very good :)

You will get there Jess :)

Xx

I need a hug girlies :( xx

*******hugs************

Xx

Your bodies may be stuck in a bit of a rut.. try changing a number of things this week?

How about trying to have fish for both/or one main meal a day?

Are you drinking enough water? I do 2-3 litres per day.

Try and make at least one meal a day completely different to what you are used to. (Different snacks too?)

A week of soup for lunch?

Try a different work out at the gym for a week? The app 'running for weight loss' is very good :)

You will get there Jess :)

Xx

*******hugs************

Xx

The annoying thing is we tried these this week.
Fish - had Monday and Wednesday
Water - I was at the start of the week, did let it go towards the end so will up that
Food - we really mixed it up this week
Soup - we had it all this week

:( but as you say you can always mix things up more, and tbf as always this week has only consisted of 4 on plan but we just epically flop at weekends :/ will keep the things above up and just do our best

Thank you for the hugs, so frustrating xxxx

Up the superfree and superspeed and don't underestimate the power of water...

I've been racking my brains trying to figure out how I got a 1lb loss and I realised that I've had around 3L of water a day (with no exercise) and loads of fruit and veg the last few days. I probably haven't had anymore than 1500 calories a day all week either so that's probably been lucky. I also think the really great weeks I've had where I've only had a maintain or a 0.5 loss are maybe just catching up and evening out.

Don't be disheartened, you've maybe just got to the point on your weight loss journey where having a few meals off plan during the week isn't helping your losses anymore. Maybe try and figure out what it is about the weekends that makes you "epically flop" and see if you can build in anything to counteract/avoid these?!

Even list them up here and we can all have a go!xx

Up the superfree and superspeed and don't underestimate the power of water...

I've been racking my brains trying to figure out how I got a 1lb loss and I realised that I've had around 3L of water a day (with no exercise) and loads of fruit and veg the last few days. I probably haven't had anymore than 1500 calories a day all week either so that's probably been lucky. I also think the really great weeks I've had where I've only had a maintain or a 0.5 loss are maybe just catching up and evening out.

Don't be disheartened, you've maybe just got to the point on your weight loss journey where having a few meals off plan during the week isn't helping your losses anymore. Maybe try and figure out what it is about the weekends that makes you "epically flop" and see if you can build in anything to counteract/avoid these?!

Even list them up here and we can all have a go!xx

Thanks hun. I have loads of water but James doesn't so that might well be it for him.

Okay weekends. We are usually fully booked and the things that we are doing do not lend ourselves to losing weight.

This weekend: Gig and Night out tonight - I can drink vodka but James only really drinks beer .... Also food wise I only get home at 5 and need to leave house at half past so dinner is going to have to be something quick from morrisons so probably chicken bites and wedges :/
Tomorrow - we were going drinking but not anymore, but wanted to try our new indian restaraunt that has opened
Sunday - My auntie and uncle are visiting Sheffield and taking us out for sunday dinner

Next weekend: My bestie is coming to stay, so we are out drinking Friday and Saturday night. One of those nights will probably involve a takeaway, I can cook one of them. Hangovers = munchies. James is at football and having a night out - and I can understand that he wants to just drink beer with the lads.

Weekend after: Our friends are coming to stay. James is at football as well. We will probably eat out and go drinking.

I know that I could not do these things but I don't want to live like that, so I am in a bit of a dilemma

Help please xxxx

I think it's a tough one Jessy - you have to weigh up the desire to lose weight against the realistic possibility that you won't if you have weekends like that and don't follow SW to the letter.

You could easily make a few changes... in the time it takes to have chicken bites and wedges (I'm assuming these aren't SW friendly) you could have SW friendly food. I know this isn't necessarily possible at this late stage but it's always good to have some SW friendly meals in the freezer like chilli, bolognese, lasagne, casseroles, soups etc... that you can just grab and defrost when you have a hectic night like tonight. Even a jacket potato in the microwave and beans only takes 10-15 mins. As for booze, it's definitely most people's downfall, if you drink beer then you can't expect to get a loss unfortunately. Is there nothing else he could drink? Spicy rum and diet coke? Whiskey and diet coke?

There are lots of Indian food choices that are manageable within syns - chicken jalfrezi for example with boiled rice is only 8.5 syns - you just need to avoid the naan, poppadoms, chutneys etc...

Sunday dinner is an easy one - you just stick to boiled potatoes, lean meats and veg then syn any extras like yorkshire puddings and gravy. Most places will have something relatively SW friendly on their menus.

For hungover munchies you could make sure you have stuff in the house, my go to is always a bacon and egg sandwich and fruit in the morning then I make a big ass portion of stodgy texas chilli cheese fries for later - much nicer than any crap or takeaway food (recipe is in Pete's recipe thread).

I don't mean to be mean or to give a tough love attitude but if you do choose to go off plan - you have to be realistic and expect that you will gain or if you're lucky - maintain. You can't expect a loss and get frustrated at not losing weight.

All you can do is try to make good choices when you can and prepare or... alternatively you could go off plan and have an amazing time and eat/drink/do all the things you want to - and that's ok too but you can't expect to lose weight unfortunately :( xx

I think it's a tough one Jessy - you have to weigh up the desire to lose weight against the realistic possibility that you won't if you have weekends like that and don't follow SW to the letter.

This is very well put lily, and I do agree with you. I had to change my mindset the other week when I was ranting about another maintain. . Then stevie gave me a cyber kick up the bum! I cannot expect to lose if I choose to have 2 out of 7 days off of plan...

You could easily make a few changes... in the time it takes to have chicken bites and wedges (I'm assuming these aren't SW friendly) you could have SW friendly food. I know this isn't necessarily possible at this late stage but it's always good to have some SW friendly meals in the freezer like chilli, bolognese, lasagne, casseroles, soups etc... that you can just grab and defrost when you have a hectic night like tonight. Even a jacket potato in the microwave and beans only takes 10-15 mins. As for booze, it's definitely most people's downfall, if you drink beer then you can't expect to get a loss unfortunately. Is there nothing else he could drink? Spicy rum and diet coke? Whiskey and diet coke?

Frozen jackets take 5 minutes to do in the microwave! If I know I have a busy day or days coming up, I will always try and cook extra the night before and have it ready to go for the busy periods that are coming up..

I am going to be drinking sailor jerrys and diet coke tonight! So excited and 2.5 syns per drink :D

There are lots of Indian food choices that are manageable within syns - chicken jalfrezi for example with boiled rice is only 8.5 syns - you just need to avoid the naan, poppadoms, chutneys etc...

Sunday dinner is an easy one - you just stick to boiled potatoes, lean meats and veg then syn any extras like yorkshire puddings and gravy. Most places will have something relatively SW friendly on their menus.

Sunday dinner really is easy to do on sw!! I love the fact that I can still enjoy a roast with my family or dales :D

For hungover munchies you could make sure you have stuff in the house, my go to is always a bacon and egg sandwich and fruit in the morning then I make a big ass portion of stodgy texas chilli cheese fries for later - much nicer than any crap or takeaway food (recipe is in Pete's recipe thread).

A full on sw fry up everytime!!! Bacon, eggs, sausages, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, homemade hash browns, fried bread. Loads of fluids ;)

I don't mean to be mean or to give a tough love attitude but if you do choose to go off plan - you have to be realistic and expect that you will gain or if you're lucky - maintain. You can't expect a loss and get frustrated at not losing weight.

Very true, it is important to be honest with yourself and if you feel like you are going to have a busy week, then you may be in a better mindset to except a maintain-knowing that you have had the best of both worlds

All you can do is try to make good choices when you can and prepare or... alternatively you could go off plan and have an amazing time and eat/drink/do all the things you want to - and that's ok too but you can't expect to lose weight unfortunately :( xx

Xxx

You're definitely right about Sunday dinner :) I don't like gravy so the only syns I need to have is for a bit of oil for roasties and yorkshire pud.

Indian - again you're right, I am just fussy with what I like. But I will be sensible as much as I can. I might use some flexi syns on this.

Making hangover yummy food is a good idea - we have bacon and eggs in the fridge so I can sort myself out with that :)

I want to stay 100% motivated at the weekend, but I have to be honest with myself that I find it very hard! xxxx

No no I quite agree. It's just hard making those decisions. I really want to lose weight but after a hard week at work I need to have fun.

I agree with the drink thing, he does like spirits so I might try and persuade him to leave off the beer (I miss it but it just isn't worth it)

The issue with tea tonight, and quick meals, is that we don't have a microwave! Usually that is good as it stops us eating quick naughty things, but in such situations it doesn't help. I could get chicken and take the skin off, and buy a salad or something to go with it instead. As long as it lines the stomach ;)

Sunday dinner and Indian advice is a good point, thanks hun! and I can always use a few flexi syns if needs be

Thanks hun, I agree I need to know what I want to achieve but I am being 100% honest and admitting I find the temptations very very hard at a weekend

xxxxx

and thanks Nic as well :)

I know that I can't expect losses all the time with such naughty weekends but I have to be honest that I find it hard as much as I want to lose weight I love my weekends.

Not having a microwave is an issue for quick hot food (i'll have about 10 mins to cook and eat tonight) but I could have prepared a nice salad with chicken in it (although all I do all week is cook)

I'm not wanting to complain :) I am just still struggling with the balance between weekends and week nights. I think I get complacent sometimes because I maintain not put on (i'm sure that's cos I used to eat crap ALL week)

Going to count my syns this weekend, trying to make as best choices I can, and see how many it comes to :/ should be a good indicator for what I can have rest of the week and what I can cut down on

xxxx

Most of the time I just don't drink! You could try that? It's a lot easier than you might expect! Or just have a few drinks if you need to! Bring a limit of cash and no cards!

And make a pasta and sauce or something with some ham or something thrown in and fruit afterward instead of wedges etc from the hot counter! It is SW friendly and more filling!

I usually always bring snacks in my bag too (low syn/healthy extra/fruit)!

Lily has given amazing advice as usual :)

and thanks Nic as well :)

I know that I can't expect losses all the time with such naughty weekends but I have to be honest that I find it hard as much as I want to lose weight I love my weekends.

Not having a microwave is an issue for quick hot food (i'll have about 10 mins to cook and eat tonight) but I could have prepared a nice salad with chicken in it (although all I do all week is cook)

I'm not wanting to complain :) I am just still struggling with the balance between weekends and week nights. I think I get complacent sometimes because I maintain not put on (i'm sure that's cos I used to eat crap ALL week)

Going to count my syns this weekend, trying to make as best choices I can, and see how many it comes to :/ should be a good indicator for what I can have rest of the week and what I can cut down on

xxxx

No worries Jess :) it is all about if finding a balance that works for you. If weekends are your problem area then maybe try and focus on re programming around the run up to and the actual weekend so that you can be as prepared as possible. If you don't have a microwave then you could always have couscous or rice ready to go either in the cupboard or the fridge? With a salad already made up and like you said some chicken (you can easily cook a few chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge for a couple of days)

i really think if you have a look at the fakeaway recipes, you may find some amazing ideas there that save you both getting into situations where you know you are struggling at the moment (I.e eating out) it may only need to be for a few weeks whilst you are changing habits (apparently it takes 28 days to make or break a habit - I gave up smoking in May 2011 and this was my mantra whilst I kept away from the pub for a month!!!!)

You will get there Jess, we all need to enjoy ourselves and live a little. I have made sure that I focus on my problem areas in the past few weeks such as moving back from weekly syns to daily syns and taking meals round to dales (although now he is very accommodating to my sw needs and so is his mum when she cooks a roast ;D) we love cooking together because we are both massive meat fiends!!!! Another reason why I have been really glad to have got my head around the different days as I know I can plan my week and know that I can have a meaty day with the boy and a quorn day when I am on a busy day...

we are going to cook together tonight before we go to see mickey Flanagan (so excited!) which we have both chosen to do as we could just as easily have eaten out, but I wanted to save my syns for some cheeky drinks ;) and I will be cooking some extra chicken so that when we get back in, I can munch on that rather than raiding the cupboards! Plus we always have a sw friendly brunch the morning after a night out too :)

xxx

Most of the time I just don't drink! You could try that? It's a lot easier than you might expect! Or just have a few drinks if you need to! Bring a limit of cash and no cards!

And make a pasta and sauce or something with some ham or something thrown in and fruit afterward instead of wedges etc from the hot counter! It is SW friendly and more filling!

I usually always bring snacks in my bag too (low syn/healthy extra/fruit)!

Lily has given amazing advice as usual :)

I don't actually go out drinking very often so when I do I do enjoy it but just taking cash is a good idea
Yeah I'm gonna avoid the wedges etc now. I just needed some ideas, thanks Hun :)
And good idea about snacks! Cos I might get hungry between the gig and the club!

xxxx

I think you REALLY need to buy a microwave!! My homemade SW ready meals would be useless without it... You could still defrost stuff in the morning though then cook on the hob but you'd need to be extra prepared for that.

A microwave would be a sound investment for someone with such a busy social life! xx

Back