JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Weigh in this morning: 2lbs :) it flickered down another but went back up so going with the higher number as scale doesn't do halves! 10st 12lbs :) Im hoping that a 100% week will result in another 2lb loss - as you'll all know I tend to lose 1lb max a week.

Spent all yesterday evening batch cooking for the week ahead got some lovely food to eat with very low syns! Got some low syn yummies too for treats :)

Monday 13/1/14

Breakfast: HEB cereal with some HEA milk, banana, satsuma, white tea

Lunch: Jacket potato (Cooked yesterday with just salt and pepper) filled with chicken in a lightest phili dressing (some HEA) with lime chili and mint, served with a salad of watercress and spinach

Afternoon snacks: Pineapple, Grapes, Strawberries, WW Greek yoghurt if I need it (1 syn)

Dinner: Stuffed peppers (rice, chopped plum tomatoes, chili, mushrooms, garlic) (1/2 syn oil) served with salmon in a soy, ginger and spring onion dressing

Gym!

If I'm hungry after dinner there are some yummies I can have fairly guilt free :)

Minimum syns: 1/2
Maximum syns: 8 1/2 (James mum has made us a big tray of Parkin :/ think it's 8 syns for a tiny square)

Hungry writing this! Have a nice Monday everyone :)

xxxx

I'm with the girls - your food today sounds amazeballs!

Parkin is like a flapjack, isn't it? I could totally eat one of those right now! xx

Thank you :) :)

Parkin is like flapjack but more treacly and gingery. It is a Yorkshire thing (I too didnt know it existed until I met James at Uni)

So decadent but so yummy xxxx.

Here to subscribe! Definitely going to have to look out for Parkin if it's a Yorkshire thing, trying to get into local things since we moved up here - already swapped my Worcester Sauce for a bottle of Henderson's! Well done again on getting back into the 10s and looking forward to reading about your yummy meals!

Here to subscribe! Definitely going to have to look out for Parkin if it's a Yorkshire thing, trying to get into local things since we moved up here - already swapped my Worcester Sauce for a bottle of Henderson's! Well done again on getting back into the 10s and looking forward to reading about your yummy meals!

Ooh you're from Sheffield :D definitely try parkin, my OH is a yorkshire lad and he loves it. Haha good lass :) Henderson's is delish!

Thanks hun, determined to stay in them or go below them this time!

xxxx

I'll look out for it. Loving Henderson's already!

You can do it! Determination is half the battle! xx

Food was on plan today :) came to 9.5 syns as had the yoghurt pre gym and the Parkin post dinner. Very yummy food today :).

Gym sesh was good, warmed up with 5 mins on the rowing machine (at a faster pace than the lads next to me lol but my legs are much shorter :p) then did 3 sets of 10 reps of each of these: Barbell lift (5kg) and squat; Kettlebell swing (8kg); Kettlebell squat (8kg); Sit-ups; Crunches; Tricep extension (4kg); Laterall dumbbell raise (4 kg each arm); Barbell bicep curl (5kg). Then I did 10 mins on treadmill with an interval mix of pace and incline, with a 5 minute cooldown on treadmill.

The trim in 10 session was good. I weighed in at an extra lb but that's fine and we got some nutrition advice. Think I can work it in with slimming world quite easily :). Mainly going to go as I think someone weighing you keeps you on track, she also wants to see our food diary so that will make me behave lol. Determined to win one of these free PT sessions too - person who loses the most each week gets one :)

Hope everyone's Monday was good. One day closer now to the weekend :) xxxx.

Wowzer...having just written about my own lack of exercise...I read this and you've totally put me to shame! This is blooming brilliant!! Did James go with you?! Sounds like such an ace thing to be getting into, motivating you and keeping you on track! You'll absolutely be winning one of those pt sessions!! :)
What's on the menu today?! Everything as yum as yesterday? I bought the mag at the weekend (inspired by your yumminess!) and have been through the little recipes book and folded down all the pages I want to try...just need to get off my bum and cook them now! Hehe xx

Morning Jessy.

The gym thing sounds really worthwhile. Good luck with winning one of those PT sessions, that would be a nice little extra bonus :)

X

Thanks Em it really would :)

Wowzer...having just written about my own lack of exercise...I read this and you've totally put me to shame! This is blooming brilliant!! Did James go with you?! Sounds like such an ace thing to be getting into, motivating you and keeping you on track! You'll absolutely be winning one of those pt sessions!! :)
What's on the menu today?! Everything as yum as yesterday? I bought the mag at the weekend (inspired by your yumminess!) and have been through the little recipes book and folded down all the pages I want to try...just need to get off my bum and cook them now! Hehe xx

Haha it's taking quite a bit of willpower to get me there and exercising hard lol James is the drive because he is going 4/5 times a week atm so he puts my 2/3 to shame! Proud of him though :)

James came to the Trim in 10 - the only man! But he says he'll come next week so hopefully he will keep coming :) I want him to win a PT session more than anything

Yay I'm glad you bought the magazine it really is worth it this month :)

Food I'll update now xxxx

Tuesday 14/1/14

Food plan

Breakfast: HEB cereal with some HEA milk, banana, sweetclem, white tea

Lunch: Leftover filled pepper (1/2 syn) served with an avocado and tuna salad (5.5 syns - 2 for oil 3.5 for avacado)

I know oil and avacado are high syns and could have without but they are so good for you that I'm trying to use my syns on healthy fats rather than more naughty treats.

Snacks: Satsuma, Strawberries, Pineapple, Grapes, Mullerlight

Dinner: Courgette, lemon and chicken spaghetti (1 syn oil)

Syn aim: 7 syns

Buying our new bed tonight (eek) and going to James mums to see her so hopefully will be too busy to snack. I've got some peaches I haven't opened yet though so will have one of them when I get in from his mums if I'm hungry.

Anyone else got anything planned for Tuesday? :) roll on 5pm! xxxx

Ooh tonight's dinner sounds lush! And have fun bed-buying! We decided we were too tired to go last night so have it pencilled in for Saturday morning instead! xx

Wow your gym routine is very impressive! Even when I used to go to the gym I never did anything remotely as good as you are. I hope you win a PT session!

Your food today sounds delicious too. Very jealous! xx

Sounds like you've had an amazing first week back on plan! Your food has looked incredible and varied and as for the gym - wowzerssss, you're going for it! Well done!

I'll be interested to see how you find the Monday WI over time as I'm a Friday weigher and whilst I've heard the arguments for and against, I still quite like being able to reign it back in if I've used a few too many syns on gin on a Saturday. Luckily I've never been one to binge on choc or other naughty foods so it still works for me and allows me to still live a relatively normal life I think!xxx

Back