JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Amazing loss, well done! Hoping for another great week for you and good luck tonight!! xx

Awww thanks ladies :) I must say it does amaze me sometimes what nice food you can have and still lose the lbs! Feeling quite positive!

I must admit though a 100% week felt like I cut back a lot .... but I am glad that I did and it was worth it :) xxxx

We have just had someone from the University gym come round the office and get us doing a desk workout! It was really good and simple to add to the daily routine. Pelvic squeeze, pull bellybutton in, and clench tummy (whilst smiling) whilst working in short bursts. Sit down over 10 seconds to use your thigh and bum muscles! Sit with shoulder blades squeezed together slightly.

I thought it was great to get that at work :) xxxx. Clenching my bum as we speak!! tmi? :p

love the idea of the desk workout.... I'll have to get a desk lol....

We have just had someone from the University gym come round the office and get us doing a desk workout! It was really good and simple to add to the daily routine. Pelvic squeeze, pull bellybutton in, and clench tummy (whilst smiling) whilst working in short bursts. Sit down over 10 seconds to use your thigh and bum muscles! Sit with shoulder blades squeezed together slightly. I thought it was great to get that at work :) xxxx. Clenching my bum as we speak!! tmi? :p

That's BRILLIANT!!! Such a great idea xx

Haha I know we were impressed! Got a free session on exercising efficiently wednesday too!

On my way to the trim in 10 weigh in. Had such a massive lunch though that I weigh a ton I bet lol xxxx. Nervous :/

Weigh in at the Trim in 10 was -2lbs and happy with that after a huge lunch and in gym kit and trainers but that comes out at 10st 11.6lbs not so great but anyway :)

Dinner was delish! I'm going to IG a pic of burgers we had. Didn't have yoghurt today so syns at 7/15 (1 for oil when cooking burgers). Felt like a very naughty meal!!

Gym was okay, wasn't really in the mood, but did 30 mins cardio then 39 mins abs/strength :)

xxxx

Go you... well done

Thanks darlings :) xx

Tuesday 21st January

B: HEB cereal with HEA milk. Although spoke to a nutritionist yesterday who really felt that cereal will stop me losing weight. But I hate wasting food so will finish off what I've got but found some recipes for egg muffins which I can do SW style so might try them :). Has anyone else got any breakfast ideas that can be prepared in advance?

A: sweetclem (SF) banana (SF)

L: SW chili (1/2 syn oil): EL mince (F) onion (F) green and red peppers (SF) garlic (F) mushroom (SF) passata (F) seasoning (F) kidney beans (F)

S: Pineapple (SF) strawberries (SF) sweetclem (SF)

D: Meeting a friend I used to go to uni with for dinner :) has been so long, I'm really excited for the catch up! I've suggested Nandos so going to have: butterfly chicken (3.5) rice (2.5) corn on cob (F) and some sauce (3 syns) Then got enough syns left for 2 diet coke and vodkas :) (5)

Syns: 14.5/15
Weekly: 21.5/105

xxxx

I've never heard a nutritionist say that - obviously if you were having Frosties or Crunchy Nut or somethin I could understand it but something like Bran Flakes is good for you, surely? Overnight Oats is my other go-to brekkie - I'm guessing oats would be ok? xx

It's the sugar I think honey. Even if it is natural. Oats are okay but she thinks quinoa is better which I think you can use? Of make own museli with nuts and seeds. It's a low sugar high protein good fat diet she is advocating so it's a bit different from sw. But I want to get the right balance xxxx

It's the sugar I think honey. Even if it is natural. Oats are okay but she thinks quinoa is better which I think you can use? Of make own museli with nuts and seeds. It's a low sugar high protein good fat diet she is advocating so it's a bit different from sw. But I want to get the right balance xxxx

In that case probably eggs and bacon with a side of some kind of vegetable, perhaps spinach.

A low sugar diet in nutritionist terms normally means cutting back on fruit too - is that what she's advocating? It sounds like it's an "eat clean"/paleo kind of diet to be honest. Lots of protein and veg, with good fats like nuts and seeds etc.

There's no reason why you can't follow SW but maybe increase your protein and use your HExBs on nuts/seeds/oils instead of breads and cereals.

Porridge is a really good food for you though. What cereal is it you normally have?xx

In that case probably eggs and bacon with a side of some kind of vegetable, perhaps spinach.

A low sugar diet in nutritionist terms normally means cutting back on fruit too - is that what she's advocating? It sounds like it's an "eat clean"/paleo kind of diet to be honest. Lots of protein and veg, with good fats like nuts and seeds etc.

There's no reason why you can't follow SW but maybe increase your protein and use your HExBs on nuts/seeds/oils instead of breads and cereals.

Porridge is a really good food for you though. What cereal is it you normally have?xx

Hey hun

No she wants us to eat mainly veg, then fruit, then protein, then good carbs, then good fats then other

But it is her lifestyle she is advocating so she really believes in it which is nice

But I want to use less syns on naughty foods (I already am) but that is a personal choice. I don't think it will effect my weight loss, I am purely thinking about the health aspect of some foods.

I could do eggs and bacon :) and unfortunately I hate porridge but didn't you used to do quinoa for breakfast?

xxxx

Hey hun No she wants us to eat mainly veg, then fruit, then protein, then good carbs, then good fats then other But it is her lifestyle she is advocating so she really believes in it which is nice But I want to use less syns on naughty foods (I already am) but that is a personal choice. I don't think it will effect my weight loss, I am purely thinking about the health aspect of some foods. I could do eggs and bacon :) and unfortunately I hate porridge but didn't you used to do quinoa for breakfast? xxxx

I did! It's nice too :)

I used to cook it in water and mix it the next morning with FF yoghurt and berries. Or cook it in water with a sachet of a flavoured options hot choc (choc orange was my fave) then eat it with fruit in the morning. Not sure if she'd advocate artificially sweetened hot choc for brekkie though!! :giggle: xx

I did! It's nice too :)

I used to cook it in water and mix it the next morning with FF yoghurt and berries. Or cook it in water with a sachet of a flavoured options hot choc (choc orange was my fave) then eat it with fruit in the morning. Not sure if she'd advocate artificially sweetened hot choc for brekkie though!! :giggle: xx

Hehe probably not but it sounds nice ;) hehe. I think I'll try the first option before though :p xxxx.

I stuck to plan with dinner :) but I had a small glass of wine after. So over syns at 17/15 but totally worth it cos the bar and wine were lovely!! xxxx.

Oh hiya super fit, exercise at work, 100% week, 3lb loss, super healthy meals friend!! :):):) sounds like I've missed an epic few days...I feel tired just reading about your office exercises! And you have another session tomorrow?! Well done on the 3lbs off...that's brilliant! I can imagine you had to resist a few naughties, but it's good to know you can do it with awesome results on the weeks you don't have much on..so that you can then have some treat times in other weeks...and I imagine it makes the treats more enjoyable as you savour them?! Anyway, I'm waffling!
I'm a big fan of the fruit/yog combo for brekkie....and actually I never liked porridge but the banana choccie porridge I made at the end of last year using a few 70% cocoa dark choc stops for 2syns really was Delish and totaly filled me up!
Keep up the good work huni...v inspiring at the mo!! Xxx

Back