JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Well done on your loss this week! Food today sounds lovely as usual xx

I'm a bit :/ about it after nearly getting 2lbs off and James not losing. But thank you honey xx.

I'm a bit :/ about it after nearly getting 2lbs off and James not losing. But thank you honey xx.

I can imagine that would be disheartening but you still got a loss which is fantastic and I'm sure you and James will figure out where it's not working for him and turn it around for him xx

I can imagine that would be disheartening but you still got a loss which is fantastic and I'm sure you and James will figure out where it's not working for him and turn it around for him xx

I really do hope so xx

Congratulations!!! Sounds like this new attitude is working out well for you Jessy :)

Sorry to hear about poor James - how many weeks in a row now is this? It could just be a little blip but if it continues for another few weeks then perhaps he should get his thyroid checked? xx

Congratulations!!! Sounds like this new attitude is working out well for you Jessy :)

Sorry to hear about poor James - how many weeks in a row now is this? It could just be a little blip but if it continues for another few weeks then perhaps he should get his thyroid checked? xx

Thanks lovely

It feels like it could work. I'm hoping next week illustrates that more though.

A good few weeks really. He is losing slowly I guess but he still has a lot to lose and it is getting him down I think :( He looks so good though - he just cannot see that yet. The nutritionist also does GP referral so I think we will have a chat with her tonight about it. It could be thyroid - I've no idea. Maybe a food intolerance?

xxxx

Well done on the loss - and despite all the 'treats'! I feel sorry for James though - do you think he may be sneaking a few little treats of his own that you don't know about? (I have the experience of my OH to thank for raising this suspicion - apologies if undeserved)!

Haha so many treats :p I'm pretty sure he doesn't but I know he doesn't have a good understanding of portion control - he often comes out with how certain things won't harm and they may well do!

xxxx

We'll done Jess! Amazing to have a fab curry night and still be losing weight! Hope James doesn't get too down and keeps going! X

Thanks lovely. Haha 2 curry nights, a naughty lunch, lots of cake and booze :/ Haha

I won't let him stop no worries there :)

xxxx.

Haha so many treats :p I'm pretty sure he doesn't but I know he doesn't have a good understanding of portion control - he often comes out with how certain things won't harm and they may well do!

xxxx

My OH has absolutely no idea of what's good/bad. He's looked at my big plate of salad, said 'You'll never lose weight eating all that', whilst thinking his tiny sausage roll is saintly! In his mind, a lot = fattening, a little = non fattening. He's always buying me 'little treats' which do me no good at all - chocolates, croissants, 'fat rascals', biscuits etc. - which make sticking to plan very difficult.

This morning I told him that I'm gaining weight and I have to stick closely to plan again until I've got it under control. I really hope he's taken that on board and doesn't buy anything else. I know he does it out of love, but sometimes it feels more as though he's trying to sabotage me!

My OH has absolutely no idea of what's good/bad. He's looked at my big plate of salad, said 'You'll never lose weight eating all that', whilst thinking his tiny sausage roll is saintly! In his mind, a lot = fattening, a little = non fattening. He's always buying me 'little treats' which do me no good at all - chocolates, croissants, 'fat rascals', biscuits etc. - which make sticking to plan very difficult.

This morning I told him that I'm gaining weight and I have to stick closely to plan again until I've got it under control. I really hope he's taken that on board and doesn't buy anything else. I know he does it out of love, but sometimes it feels more as though he's trying to sabotage me!

They just don't get it do they. Maybe you need to tell him you prefer flowers over chocs, that way he can treat you but to something you'll actually like xx.

image-1639591966.jpg Saturday!

image-3607929290.jpg Me and my bestie

A few pics from weekend (sabotaging my weight loss haha)

They just don't get it do they. Maybe you need to tell him you prefer flowers over chocs, that way he can treat you but to something you'll actually like xx.

Nice idea, but as Blood Covered Princess once said - he'd buy me a tin of Roses chocolates! (Although he did buy buy me a pot plant last month).

Thanks lovely lady :) xxxx we drank that in about half an hour! :/

Update on eats yesterday: I had 2 naughty chocs (6 syns) as I ate lunch late so felt a bit dizzy. When I was at the gym last night it took me 7 mins on the treadmill to burn them off - NOT worth the 2 chocs haha. So got to think of that when I next get tempted. The only chocolate worth that would be a wisps gold/Cadbury caramel dipped in a cuppa *drools*. ANYWAY

I also had a banana and walnut healthy homemade muffin which, um, didn't rise and stayed soft (too much banana) so was more like a spoon of mushy banana haha. Never mind :')

Gym was good. I've set myself a little timetable after going to that exercising effectively session to work different body parts. So yesterday was legs bum and tum - 10 min warmup on cross trainer, 3 sets of 10 reps of: Kettlebell swing, Squats, Burpees, Plank, TRX machine pull ins, stepper, lunges, and stomach sit-up and twist with weights. 10 mins cardio on treadmill. Then 10 min cool down on stepper machine.

xxxx

Haha good work...surely quickly in, quickly out?!!
Looks like you had a ball! And bless James he sounds like such a cutie...but yes...needs to be told!!!
Do you have your gym weigh in tonight?!! If so, good luck!! Xx

Haha yep pretty much ;) tbf we only had 5 hours together. Hehe.

Yes men do don't they?! :p

It was cancelled as she was Ill so weighing in tonight instead! xxxx

Tuesday 4th Feb 14

Non food related today is quite a big day for me. Firstly, and I'm a bit emotional because of it, my grandad (my soulmate and the most amazing man) passed away 3 years today. Secondly I have a baby sister coming by c-section today! (My parents are divorced and this is my dads second child with his partner). Very weird as I've been an only child for 21 years and then 2 siblings in the space of 4 :)

Eats:
B: Museli, unsweetened almond milk, banana
L: Chilli with loads of SF in
S: A few almonds and some raisins. Nakd bar.
D: Homemade burgers :) sat on portabello mushrooms rather than bread, with sweet potato wedges and some corn

Also got weigh in at the gym (sneaky peak and I was 10st 6lbs this morning! So who knows what I'll weigh tonight! Haha) and doing a quick half hour interval training session after with the boy

Happy Tuesday everyone - nearly hump day

xxxx

Hey lovely,

It always amazes me how the world works. It's a sad day thinking about your Grandad but such a happy one with the arrival of your baby sister. I hope your Grandad is making the sun shine where you are and I'm sure he is looking down being incredibly proud of you.

xx

p.s. your dinner sounds amazing!!

Back