JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Oh no my gorgeous girl is still not feeling well, I'm sure it'll be nothing that rest will sort out babes. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend though. You'll have to email me later.
xxxxxxxxxx

A clean bill of health! Checked everything and all is fine! She thinks it could be eye strain as it is my eyes that are twitching and tired but could be a virus. Either way I'm fine to work I reckon but will take plenty of computer breaks. She has referred me to get my bloods done to check iron levels but can't get in for 2 weeks. Appointment took ages so got lots of flexi time to make up but will do it in a few weeks when I'm back to my normal self :)

xxxx

I'm surprised she couldn't do bloods at the same time. Seems a waste to have to go back when you could have had it done this morning!

So relieved for you though. Have your eyes been sore? Getting headaches? Maybe you need your eyes tested! xx

At my doctors, you have to make a separate appointment with a phlebotomist to have bloods done as it is apparently beneath the doctors and nurses in the practice!

Glad that everything seems ok. I agree that you should get your eyes checked. My work screens me for free because I use a computer all day and if they are concerned then I get a free eye test out of it, so might be worth asking around occupational health or HR.

I think that's just ridiculous Ruby... it takes 2 seconds to take blood. If it takes a lot of time out of their day then surely they should have a phlebotimist on hand to do it and the cost justified.

I am all for efficiency!! Better experience overall for patients too. I think patients are forgotten about a lot of the time x

Thanks girls :) same at ours they have to book you in as they only have one blood nurse and she is always fully booked when she's in. She is lovely though - they need to give her more hours! Got through work so all is good.

Going meadowhall shopping to get a dress for a wedding at weekend but firstly to drench James with a bucket of ice :D xxxx

Ooh also I have got a prescription and need glasses but been struggling to afford. Going to try and dig prescription out though and buy some glasses tonight xxxx.

Hi darlings sorry I've not been posting much. Been pretty off plan and got a wedding this weekend - free bar! And they've got 106 bottles of champagne! Wowwee haha. Just travelling down to Kent now for it :) excited.

I'll catch up as much as I can now xxxx.

Hope you have lots of fun! Just be careful and remember to eat something! When I got food poisoning a few weeks ago, I initially thought it was because I drank too much; it was an open bar, waiters kept topping up my glass without me really noticing and there was hardly any food. Consequently I was "not very well" in the bushes of the venue. Now I know it was down to the food, but the drink definitely didn't help!

Hope you have lots of fun! Just be careful and remember to eat something! When I got food poisoning a few weeks ago, I initially thought it was because I drank too much; it was an open bar, waiters kept topping up my glass without me really noticing and there was hardly any food. Consequently I was "not very well" in the bushes of the venue. Now I know it was down to the food, but the drink definitely didn't help!

Haha :) I'll be careful chick. Thanks for the heads up. I reckon there will be loads of food but I'll make sure I eat lots xxxx

hello beautiful! I hope you had a lovely time at the wedding...saw some pics on fb, looked like that champers was flowing!! :)
I'm back and fully on the wagon...need to get properly into some training tho, so looking to you for inspiration!
Hope you're fine and dandy!
xxxx

Hello beautiful ladies :)

I am back - sorry it has taken so long! I felt pretty rubbish as you all know but I did feel better for the wedding. Then I had some leave from work to nip home to spend my parents' birthdays with them. So the last two weeks have been naughty food and a fair bit of drink. I have started bootcamp again this week though so that is one thing ;) I weighed in Monday and had only gone up to 10.3 but I think that may have increased since then ;). Having our last naughty day today (nothing too bad) and then starting the weekend with a healthy food shop and determined to stick with it this time.

There are a few obstacles in the way though. Next weekend I am going home and going to some wedding fayres with my mum and bridesmaids, and the one after it is the sis in law's birthday so we are going for a meal - but I've looked at the menu and going to have steak and veg and maybe syn a few carbs and booze. Plus the odd meal with friends. Then I've got the Endurer Dash at the end of the month! If I can be under 10st by then I will be one very happy lady!

The wedding was wonderful :) The main things I learned from it, wedding ladies, was: think about your meal choice in terms of you having to love it but your friends and family also enjoying it (the dinner was very 'posh' and I loved it but some people struggled with certain dishes); good music is key if you want people up dancing, whether this is a band or a DJ (this wedding was a band and was BRILLIANT); make sure any buffet food is labelled (they had cheese and pate but didn't label it and i ended up with some horrible choices); and get a good photographer that suits your personalities! This one seemed really good! Although unfortunately i didn't see him catching many natural or fun shots which I love - each to their own though.

Think we have decided on our venue as well ladies :) eeek :)

So as of our food shop tomorrow I will be back on it and I will get to 9.7 by christmas

xxxx

Glad you had a great time :D.... I love unusual wedding shots... my daughter does great ones different for every couple and it makes all the difference xx

Glad to see you back and feeling better! I'm sure you'll get to 9st 7 by Christmas and exciting about the wedding venue!!!!! Wedding sounds good, certainly a lot to think about. We're hopefully hitting up a wedding fair this weekend to scope out a florist. Enjoy your last off-plan day.

Loving the wedding talk, it's great being able to go to other weddings and picking up so do's.... and more importantly some don'ts :) x

Back