JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Jeez Jessy - that is an incredible loss! Well done you! I can't wait to see what you can achieve by the end of the month!!

Food sounds delish once again. What exercise have you got planned for the week?

xxx

Thanks sweetheart :) I think it is mainly my water weight and I haven't exercised but still pleased :)

Starting the 30 day squat challenge - so it starts with 50 squats tonight! Then going to the gym tomorrow, running Wednesday and gym Thursday. Maybe something on the Friday and swap one of the week days with that.

Super impressed with your running darling xxxx

Well done on such a great loss! Are you going to be doing anything different this week as you're exercising again? I'm even more aware of the fact that I need to eat more protein but it's trying to find a way to get it in when I already feel pretty full most of the day anyway.

Thank you :) We are supposed to eat more when exercising - so I have got some banana and almond butter for pre gym and some tuna and sweet potato for post gym :) just small snack like meals though

I would advocate protein shakes - ones with minimum rubbish in! xxxx

Wow! What an incredible loss! If that isn't motivation to keep strong I don't know what is! Well done mate - you're doing amazingly. And your food for today sounds lush! xxx

Thanks sweetheart - just shows what any week with no naughties in can do!

xxxx

That's amazing! Ummmm lamb burgers sound real good!

Thank you :) fingers crossed they are as nice as I hope they are - they are basically lamb patties haha xxxx

Holy crap Jess!! Amaazzzzinnnggggg!! Was this with MN too?! Flip!! Well done!! It obviously works!! Do you feel good too?!

I don't think whole 30 is that different to what I'm doing so I really hope I've got a decent loss this week too! I feel so heavy though with MN :(

I think the main differences are that you're allowing white potatoes and fruit, and I'm allowing dairy, a couple of grains (bulghar/quinoa), lentils and pulses - reckon that's right?!

Are all your meats (i noticed you had mince last week) low fat or fat free? xx

MN was just before I started, but mine are short (but horrible) and I am finished now so I don't think it will have effected my weigh in! I'm starting to feel good - at first you do feel rubbish but I'm coming out of that phase now and feeling good, particularly my mood :)

Yeah I would say so :) it is things with added sugar I watch out for, do you have to do that too? sickens me that loads of meats have sugar added YUCK

Just normal :) I think it was about 15% fat but the lamb is 20%. I do drain off the fat though as it is only normal quality. I went for steak mince over normal though. Whole30 recommends that if you eat high quality meat that you don't need to drain the fat, but otherwise can drain it :) Shop is expensive enough sadly without getting lean meat too :(

I think you'll be in for a fab loss

xxxx

I would like to start this I think! Have you had or do you have any social events planned? How do/ would you cope? Next Monday could be a good day to start. Mmmmmm

Why not :D The only thing is that the first week/two weeks can make you feel a bit rubbish so I would start on a week where that doesn't matter TOO much.

Social wise - I am just being honest with people and telling them and people are being very accommodating. If you are eating out jacket spuds are the way to go if you ask for them without butter. Drinking wise we have no obstacles, and I am just taking my flavoured teas with me in my handbag haha

DO IT! :) I would recommend reading the book though xxxx

Wowee babe, thats amazing - well done on the loss, it sounds like you've got the plan down to a T! :happy096:

Food this weekend sounds amazing, I might have to nick some recipe deas from you.
xxxxxx

Thank you beautiful :) Please do! xxxx

Btw James also lost half a stone! Yay! So proud <3

I will catch up with your diaries tonight xxxx

Why not :D The only thing is that the first week/two weeks can make you feel a bit rubbish so I would start on a week where that doesn't matter TOO much.

Social wise - I am just being honest with people and telling them and people are being very accommodating. If you are eating out jacket spuds are the way to go if you ask for them without butter. Drinking wise we have no obstacles, and I am just taking my flavoured teas with me in my handbag haha

DO IT! :) I would recommend reading the book though xxxx

How about doing a whole 21 days instead? Haha I'm a mega fat/cream/oil scardey cat though.
I really would love to eat clean, cut sugar it's just that afternoon tired slump I get where a banana just won't cut it!
I am researching and reading a lot though..and I'm up to date with your blog :)

MN was just before I started, but mine are short (but horrible) and I am finished now so I don't think it will have effected my weigh in! I'm starting to feel good - at first you do feel rubbish but I'm coming out of that phase now and feeling good, particularly my mood :)

Yeah I would say so :) it is things with added sugar I watch out for, do you have to do that too? sickens me that loads of meats have sugar added YUCK

Just normal :) I think it was about 15% fat but the lamb is 20%. I do drain off the fat though as it is only normal quality. I went for steak mince over normal though. Whole30 recommends that if you eat high quality meat that you don't need to drain the fat, but otherwise can drain it :) Shop is expensive enough sadly without getting lean meat too :(

I think you'll be in for a fab loss

xxxx

Yes absolutely. Every single thing that goes on my plate or in my mouth, I need to check the packaging of for sugars. Not just the ingredients but also the carbohydrate that sugars. I can't have a single thing with added sugar and I'm cutting out naturally occuring sugars too so honey, fruit, most breads, white potatoes, pasta, rice etc...

I felt crap on day 3 and day 4 but I feel ok now. I just feel majorly bloated :( MN never comes to me because of the implant so when she does arrive, I never quite know how long she's going to hang around for... Grrr!

I hope so re the loss, I weigh in tomorrow morn but don't really feel any different or like I could be lighter. I've done so much more exercise last week too which I think might impact the number on the scales so we'll see :)

xx

HOLY MOLEY!! :) what an epic loss!! For both of you!! Congrats jess!
It's clearly working! And what a fab motivational boost to keep you going in moments that are tough!
Are you still going to be doing bootcamp too?!!
So so pleased for you!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hello ladies sorry it's been manic. Woke up late this morning and got into work 5 mins late - was lucky it wasn't later haha. Also had my report going to a big meeting today but that went fine and is feeding into some policy change which is good :)

Today I've eaten:
B - frittata: 2 eggs (P) spinach mushroom green beans garlic onion (V) coconut oil (F) served with a roast tomato
L - leftover lamb burgers (P) with sweet potato and carrots (V)
Pre-gym snack - meridian almond butter (P) with banana
Post-gym snack - small tin of tuna
Dinner - not sure which meal tonight will see what dates are like on meats :) I'm fancying either a really spicy chili or a fajita bowl!

Whole30 is going well no real cravings and never that hungry either :) it's just the prep time but all healthy eating involves that i guess :)

And yes Ging bootcamp starts again next Monday :) going to gym tonight to do day 2 of 30 day squat challenge (55) and some body weights and a bit of cardio :)

xxxx

I was just honest about being late! :) not been late before ever lol

James cooked the chilli was soooooo good and lots leftover for lunch tomorrow

I BEASTED the gym :) Ran 1mile then did day 2 of squat challenge (55)

Then 2x: plank (60 secs), Russian twist (6kg x20), get ups (6kg ball x10)
2x: Kettlebell deadlift (16kg x20), Kettlebell swing (12kg x20), burpee (x10), box jump (x10)
2x: Tricep extension (8kg x10), bicep curl (8kg x10 each arm), abdominal crunch (x20)

Then all the exercises x1 again! With a bonus 30 second dish

Going to have DOMS tomorrow so going to do some cardio I think :)

XxxX

Morning lovelies :) not late this morning ;) decided against the gym for tonight as need to do a bit of cooking and sorting out the house. Will still do my 60 squats though :)

Eats for today:
B: Spinach and parma ham frittata (like Yesterday -P,V,F) pistachios (F)
L: Leftover chilli (P,V,F) with sprouts and carrots (V)
D: Ground almond KFC style covered turkey (P) with sweet potato mash, roast parnsnips and roast carrots done in clarified butter (V, F) watermelon

Happy hump day lovelies :) coming round diaries now (I've been skimming them but not had time to comment) xxxx

Sounds like you killed it at the gym last night! I'm still on 2kg weights until my physio gives me the ok for my shoulder. It's good that you're not getting any cravings, I think I'd want some pasta before long! KFC style turkey sounds great.

Back