JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Happy Friday lovely! Whole30 sounds so strict... i'm not sure I could stick to so many rules at once. Have you been on Slimming Eats? The lady who runs it comes on here and she did SW and now does Paleo xxx

Happy Monday lovelies :) looking forward to reading what you've all been up to over the weekend!

We had one of our nephews 3rd birthday party on sat and then a chilled day yesterday :) Saturday was the first real temptation for our whole30 as the was party food, cake and fizz! But we resisted! The sister in law had done some food we could eat bless her but it had legumes in so we had to eat around them. It was a lovely day though, then it was lovely chilling my boy yest. He did meal research and cooked breakfasts and helped with dinner so it was a much more pleasurable experience prepping than usual.

Day 15 of whole30 so nearly halfway through!

Weighed in this morning and -1lb which is fine as I've been back exercising (2 circuit strength sessions, 1 intense cardio session, and a week of the squat challenge - 80 last night) and that's definitely a shock to the system. Also you're not supposed to lose weight second week so will see what next week brings.

Eats for today:
B - fiesta bowl! I can't face eggs anymore so going more for meal1 then breakfast. This is minced pork with onion garlic and peppers and seasoning, served with homemade salsa and avocado.
L - leftover Sunday dinner (chicken, white sweet potato, roasties, carrots, broccoli, green beans)
Pre bootcamp (oh yeah bootcamp starts tonight in the freezing cold!) - banana and almond butter
Post-bootcamp - small tin of tuna
D - Pulled pork (in the slow cooker today for about 13 hours <3) with celeriac chips and spring greens. Followed with some pineapple.

xxxx

Haha I can definitely imagine you shouting the orders and allowing no slacking! :)
The rules you set out for the whole30 in the post to Jade sound so strict...but then I read your food and it just sounds delish! So much better to concentrate on the things you ARE allowed instead of the things you're not, right?! :)
Hope that bloat decides to bloat off soon! What are you and James up to this weekend?! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I was about to write a post almost exactly the same as yours above Ging. Instead, I shall go with 'what she said'! ;) xxx

Haha love you two. Yes much better to focus on what you can have :) going to my aunties at the weekend though so had to tell her all the can't haves last night. They're determined to cook though bless them xxxx

Happy Friday lovely! Whole30 sounds so strict... i'm not sure I could stick to so many rules at once. Have you been on Slimming Eats? The lady who runs it comes on here and she did SW and now does Paleo xxx

I've seen it but didn't know she goes on here! xxxx

Morning gorgeous! We are dinner twins tonight with our pulled pork and celeriac! I can't wait!!
I can't believe you're almost half way through, it seems to be going fast!! I guess it might feel different when you're actually doing it though! :)

Well done on the resistance and the loss!!You superstars! Have fun at bootcamp tonight!!
Xxx

Well done on sticking to plan over the weekend, especially at the party! I read an article yesterday that said eating more non-traditional breakfasts is actually better for you than the standard cereal / fruit / eggs combo so you're on to a winner there. Best of luck with bootcamp tonight.

Morning babe - gosh halfway through all ready - I cant believe how well you're doing but then you did always have waaaaaay more willpower than me!

Oooh pulled pork sounds lush - mmmmmmmmmmmm

Loves you
xxxx

Well done for sticking to it and resisting the cake! I still need to try this celeriac! I've never heard of white sweet potato!
You food sounds so good. And half way through!

Morning gorgeous! We are dinner twins tonight with our pulled pork and celeriac! I can't wait!!
I can't believe you're almost half way through, it seems to be going fast!! I guess it might feel different when you're actually doing it though! :)

Well done on the resistance and the loss!!You superstars! Have fun at bootcamp tonight!!
Xxx

It does actually feel like its going fast it's not hard all the time which helps. On this you have to say no which makes it easier? I'm actually excited for bootcamp *saddo* lol xxxx.

Well done on sticking to plan over the weekend, especially at the party! I read an article yesterday that said eating more non-traditional breakfasts is actually better for you than the standard cereal / fruit / eggs combo so you're on to a winner there. Best of luck with bootcamp tonight.

Thanks honey :) Ooh that's good then! It was yummy and filling too! xxxx

Morning babe - gosh halfway through all ready - I cant believe how well you're doing but then you did always have waaaaaay more willpower than me!

Oooh pulled pork sounds lush - mmmmmmmmmmmm

Loves you
xxxx

Thanks beautiful :) I'm quite proud of myself ATM but still 15 days to go! xxxx

Yay! I'm not the only mad one that doesn't have breakfast for breakfast haha! You can't beat a decent meal to set you up for the day :)

Are you excited for bootcamp? Is yours outside? Xx

It was a new experience but a good one :) it gave me energy and filled me up!

I am actually excited lol I love it and we're all good friends now so looking forward to seeing everyone :) yep gonna be freezing xxxx

Good work Jess!! Weekends are always so hard. It's interesting that you're not expected to lose much in week 2 - which websites do you get most of your whole30 info from? x

They are but this is defs easier than slimming world as you feel you can justify a bit whereas on this the answer is no full stop and I find that easier. I give into cravings but I'm determined to complete my whole30.

The whole30 official site, FB site and some blogs. The book mainly though xxxx.

Well done for sticking to it and resisting the cake! I still need to try this celeriac! I've never heard of white sweet potato!
You food sounds so good. And half way through!

Thanks lovely :) both are lovely potato alternatives! xxxx

I know what you mean with the 'no' philosophy! It's easier to not even contemplate it and just keep it on the 'no' list in the brain instead of deliberate and falter. I defo found that when I was on the juice detox...but then I think it's cos I knew the end was only ever 4 days away! Not long enough to break to habit for sometimes craving the naughties!

Are you feeling better for it in yourself? Glowing or more energetic or anything?! Xx

I know what you mean with the 'no' philosophy! It's easier to not even contemplate it and just keep it on the 'no' list in the brain instead of deliberate and falter. I defo found that when I was on the juice detox...but then I think it's cos I knew the end was only ever 4 days away! Not long enough to break to habit for sometimes craving the naughties!

Are you feeling better for it in yourself? Glowing or more energetic or anything?! Xx

Yeah I think my habits are slowly getting weaker :)

Not really haha you're supposed to get 'tiger blood' soon so will see. I've got a cold though so not exactly glowing lol. I'm sleeping well though my tummy seems well and my blood sugar is more stable than it was over Christmas lol xxxx

Back