JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Morning lovelies!

I got so frustrated with myself at bootcamp last night. I found it much harder than I wanted and just didn't feel it like normal. I was like this last time at the first one back though so i think it's just a shock to the system. My friend realised I was a bit off and sent me a lovely text after saying everyone's found it tough and it was so cold so that no wonder, with a cold, I felt rubbish. Bless her ❤ I think I put a lot of pressure on myself as I want to progress ....

Anyway going on a coerced run tonight by said friend haha so straight back on it

Pulled pork was divine last night!

Eats for today:
B - pork mince dish like yesterday
L - leftover pulled pork, celeriac chips and carrots
Pre-gym: banana and almond butter
Post-gym: tuna
D - KFC style chicken done in ground almonds - I've got drumsticks and thighs to do a 'bucket' and will serve with white sweet potato wedges and spring greens

Have a lovely day darlings xxxx

Well done for actually going through with bootcamp, no wonder you felt a bit off because it was so cold last night! I'm sure you'll feel better on your run tonight. I've been looking at some paleo recipes and found some lovely baking recipes that I really want to try this weekend. In fact I've found a lot of Paleo recipes that look good so I might be adding that into the clean eating when I eventually wean myself off of slimming world. Seeing how well you're doing has shown me that it can be done, it just takes preparation and planning.

Well done for actually going through with bootcamp, no wonder you felt a bit off because it was so cold last night! I'm sure you'll feel better on your run tonight. I've been looking at some paleo recipes and found some lovely baking recipes that I really want to try this weekend. In fact I've found a lot of Paleo recipes that look good so I might be adding that into the clean eating when I eventually wean myself off of slimming world. Seeing how well you're doing has shown me that it can be done, it just takes preparation and planning.

Aw thank you :) it totally can be done but you're right it does just take time - but I think cutting bad sugars out of my diet etc has been worth the time. It was when I got to 11st that I turned to clean eating and I think you could totally hit your target using it, although I know you'll hit it anyway :) xxxx.

I think it's the diet change too Jess. I find exercise tougher at the minute too. Our body is using different kinds of fuel I think and it's getting used to it!

I've never seen white sweet potato either, do you get it from a supermarket?!

How are you doing your pulled pork atm? I think I'd miss the BBQ sauce :( x

Aaw bless you darling girl, I'll bet with a stinking cold and then being out in the cold wont have made you feel any better. I'm sure like you say it would have just been a shock to your poor system.

I hope you feel better soon babe - here's a virtual get well hug :hug99:
xxx

You superstar! And back out on a run tonight depsite not feeling 100% too!
I loved my pulled pork too...it feels so naughty! I was disappointed with the size of teh shoulder once it had cooked, but by the time I had 'pulled' it and mixed in all the BBQ sauce, there was LOADS!
Reading your food today, theres no way you'd think you were on a 'diet'!

Lil, could you do the BBQ sauce just without the sweetener? I just used a little sweetener, passata, garlic, mustard powder and balsamic vinegar and paprika in mine.

xx

I loved my pulled pork too...it feels so naughty! I was disappointed with the size of teh shoulder once it had cooked, but by the time I had 'pulled' it and mixed in all the BBQ sauce, there was LOADS!

Lil, could you do the BBQ sauce just without the sweetener? I just used a little sweetener, passata, garlic, mustard powder and balsamic vinegar and paprika in mine.

xx

Yeah defo. I normally leave it out as it's too sweet for me anyway but I can't really use balsamic vinegar or worcestershire sauce either. I need to figure out my own recipe I think using cider vinegar maybe, I just haven't really had time yet! x

My BBQ is literally: passata, smoked paprika, pepper, cumin, salt and it is delish xxxx

I think it's the diet change too Jess. I find exercise tougher at the minute too. Our body is using different kinds of fuel I think and it's getting used to it!

I've never seen white sweet potato either, do you get it from a supermarket?!

How are you doing your pulled pork atm? I think I'd miss the BBQ sauce :( x

Yeah I think you must be right Lil, it is nice to know it isn't just me :)

Yep from Morrisons

Passata and spices nothing naughty and it is delish! all about the smoked paprika! xxxx

Aaw bless you darling girl, I'll bet with a stinking cold and then being out in the cold wont have made you feel any better. I'm sure like you say it would have just been a shock to your poor system.

I hope you feel better soon babe - here's a virtual get well hug :hug99:
xxx

Thanks beautiful *hugs back* xxxx

xx

Ours was on offer when we bought it so ridiculous amounts of it really lol - it feels good that we can have it guilt free when it is sooo good :) we cook ours in the bbq sauce and then we made a bit extra for the top last night!

Haha yeah I don't feel like I am when we cook like this, we have started to master it I think. Looking forward to my 'KFC' hehe xxxx

Great thanks Jess! Might try it in Feb with some passata, spices and some cider vinegar - what spice mix do you use? :)

I'll ask James :) xxxx

Morning ladies from snowy Sheffield! Trams still running though so on my way to work with half the popultof Sheffield it seems; is that busy.

I got in by 5 last night so had a super organised few hours making a hash for breakfast and making a finger licking 'KFC'

Eats for today:
B: hash made of cubed sweet potato onions, pancetta and chorizo (as compliant as I could get, pretty good) seasoned with cinnamon and sage. It sounds strange but it was delicious. I might warm it up at work too.
L: leftover 'KFC' with spring greens kale and cubed white sweet potato
Pre-gym: banana and almond butter
Post-gym: tuna
D: Ribeye steak with sweet potato wedges and veggies

Haha the tram is stuck in the snow so might be eating breakfast on the tram!!

Happy hump ladies xxxx

Hope you managed to get to work ok. We had a power surge at the station so they couldn't run trains on one of the lines so had to take a 45 minute detour round the backwaters!

I'm in safe - got in by 8.15am so all is good!!

The food sounds delicious!!!! I'm totally looking into all this clean eating / whole 30 etc.

Hi sweetie!

Oh my actual God. Your eats sound absolutely insanely good! Actually salivating! I want to make your fiesta bowl so much! And your hash! And pulled pork! so much yum!

And babe, don't worry about boot camp! You still went and I'm sure did the best you could! Every time can't be perfect! And then you went for a run too! So impressed you little fitness superstar!

Hope the snow doesn't affect you much and you're wrapped up warm xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back