JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Mmm peanut butter and a nana is a winning combo! Not long to go, then. I'll be home by 5pm too, ready for Day 2 of yoga! Just need to drop parcels at the post office first...yawn! xxx

I've left work without snacking! Thanks lovelies. Now tram and walk home, healthy snack and going to bake some deliciously Ella flapjack! xxxx

Morning lovelies :)

Yesterday was another 100% day yay. I had some granola and pb when I got in (no bananas!) then we went and did an Aldi and Morrisons foodshop! Then we went on a, just under, 4k run around ours - much more hilly than the 5k we run so it was tough but I enjoyed it.

Made a fantastic Hemsley and Hemsley chicken curry last night - highly recommended! with Ella's quinoa with sautéed veg - again recommended! I tried to make the flapjacks but it ended in disaster haha will try some other baking tonight/tomorrow!

Eats for today:
B - Vanilla and coconut milk protein shake; Banana
S - Nuts & dried berries
L - Leftover chicken curry & quinoa
S - Bloobs (maybe some more fruit or a nakd bar as was starving yesterday)
D - Mexican fajita bowl - making my own guac and salsa, chicken done in a homemade fajita spice, served with quinoa, homous (shop bought) and total 0% yoghurt
S - baking if it works! if not I might whip up some healthy chocolate

Hoping to do a long run tonight in preparation for Sunday, thinking 8-9k

Happy hump ladies! xxxx

That is an epic food day there! I might order Ella and Hemsley as my payday treats - some of the recipes sound immense! xxx

I would recommend :) xxxx

Your food looks great Jessy you really do seem to have great food plans I'm definitely going to start coming here for some inspiration!! can I be silly and ask what bloobs are loll? xxx

Thanks lovely :) I asked the same question to Ging about a year ago.... Blueberries! xxxx

I def recommend Hemsley and Ella! I recommend Hemsley more though if you have to make a choice as a lot of Ella's is pretty basic. I'm going to pick up Madeline Shaw's "Get the Glow" at some stage too, I bought it for my sister for her birthday tomorrow and it looks really good!

Good work on the running Jess! How do your legs feel? x

I was just looking at Get The Glow as it came up underneath Hemsley and Ella on Amazon. Might actually swing by Tesco on the way home and see if they have any of them on offer - they are usually quite good with stuff like that xxx

I recommend them too! I'm a little bit obsessed with their blogs and the books are great :) xx

I have scoffed all of today's work food already .... going to pick up some healthy bits on my lunch or I'll be shattered like I was yesterday!

I have just started to follow them all on IG Lil, and might buy that book next payday

I would also recommend Hemsley the most for non vegetarians in terms of the detail but I am more likely to make more from the Ella book - much less complicated recipes xxxx

Starbucks time with the lovely Ria-Lou :)

I'm going to be good and have a skinny decaf cappucino! when I say good this is because I am avoiding the caramel macciatos! xxxx (even though I really want one haha)

You can have skinny caramel macciatos with sugar free syrup and you can't tell the difference - I had one at the cinema on Sunday morning ;) xxx

You can have skinny caramel macciatos with sugar free syrup and you can't tell the difference - I had one at the cinema on Sunday morning ;) xxx

The sugar free is technically still naughty on clean eating though ;) also going Friday so might have one then!

2 nakd bars for £1 - winning! and a catch up with Ria - double winning

Now time to work again - not so much winning!! xxxx

Back