JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

OMG look at you test driving a BMW! Which one are you checking out?

How much liquid did you put in your oats? I've only ever made them with yoghurt which gives a really thick consistency - they are just moist with a yummy biscuity taste. I've just demolished mine! xxx

A 1 series :) I think it is a bit big for me as I was struggling to put down the clutch fully when I sat in it but want to test drive to check!

I used coconut milk (same amount as oats) and a heaped tbsp of yoghurt too xxxx

vrooommm! BMW would be amazing to drive! would beat my fiesta haha
food sounds lovely today. Have you planned food for this weekend so it's on plan as much as possible??

Eats sound fab sweetie! You can make it through the weekend! I think the only sure fire way to get overnight oats right is with yoghurt but I'm open to correction! How exciting potentially BMW shopping! A BMW would eat my little car!! X

Hmm only yoghurt I'm supposed to have it total 0% .... will try a few more times though! I think James will like them!

Haha it is very unlikely we will get one. We prefer seats and golfs! but want to rule out the bmw by just checking ;)

xxxx.

One thing about the oats - FILLING! xxxx

I've had mine this morning too and I'm still full :)

I have mine with yogurt and sometimes it can be a bit thick but I quite like it, it depends what fruit I have that cuts through the thickness. I might need to try natural yogurt or Total and some other flavours. Did you put the peanut butter in when you made it, or before you had it this morning??
xx

vrooommm! BMW would be amazing to drive! would beat my fiesta haha
food sounds lovely today. Have you planned food for this weekend so it's on plan as much as possible??

Haha i'll always have room in my heart for my old clio though! Main thing with the car is safety as James is saying that as we will be paying for it for 5/6 years it will be a family car :0 scary!

Yes :) After the 5k race tomorrow we are doing a picnic so I'm going to take some healthy bits for that (not 100% sure what yet though), then we might go and get a subway salad for lunch if we are out and about, then I'm doing slow cooked pulled pork with red cabbage slaw, sweet potato wedges and smoked beans! all on plan!

Then sunday after the race will be using up what is left in the fridge - loads of veg and salad bits! then our treat night sunday night

xxxx

I've had mine this morning too and I'm still full :)

I have mine with yogurt and sometimes it can be a bit thick but I quite like it, it depends what fruit I have that cuts through the thickness. I might need to try natural yogurt or Total and some other flavours. Did you put the peanut butter in when you made it, or before you had it this morning??
xx

It was claggy! lol

After :) I wouldn't have eaten much of it without it though I don't think! xxxx

They work with total 0% but just maybe use a little dash of almond milk mixed in with the yog to loosen it up! Frozen berries would be good too as they defrost they would release some tasty moisture! xx

I did it the other way around .... so more milk and a bit of yoghurt but I mixed it all up which is maybe why it went claggy! Yeah will get some frozen berries!

xxxx

Hmmm that's more like bircher museli.

Best to mix the yoghurt/milk to a nice consistency and then layer it up with fruit and oats. It makes it go all biscuity then... yummm! xx

Okay i'll try that next time! The lovely Sam gave me advice but I don't think I followed it quite right! Going to buy myself some kilner jars at lunchtime :) xxxx

I want to put mine in a Kilner jar instead of my Thatchers cider glass! :)

I might try mixing some nut milk into the yogurt as sometimes I can find it a bit claggy. Am I a bit of a weirdo that I'm not keen on frozen berries, they seem to be really watery and very sour. I prefer fresh fruit. Am also a bit sceptical about putting banana's or apples in, will they still go brown if left cut overnight?? Not sure if to layer the oats and yogurt in a bowl, then add the banana/apple in the morning and a tsp of nut butter on top, then mix all together and scoff :)

Omg check you with the BMW puts my little corsa to shame lol!!! That chicken and chorizo dish sounds yummy!!! I always heard people talking about overnight oats but never thought they would fill me up so never bothered but will definitely have a look after reading these posts, thanks again for some idea's Jess!!!!! xx

Read about my journey here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/351130-time-get-skinny-again.html

Start Weight - 11st 2.5lb
Current Weight - 8st 13lb
Goal Weight - 8st 7lb

I really wanna make overnight oats now. I love porridge but finding a yogurt I look would be a pain. I'm so fussy with yogurt. Maybe a Greek style one would work.

I'm not keen on frozen berries either but they so much cheaper. So there has to be a drawback somewhere.

Bought some kilner jars :)! xxxx and had a skinny decaf caramel macciato with lunch which was delicious

Wilkinsons!

And it's the long weekend! :) looking forward to getting in and having a cuppa with a banana and peanut butter! Then BMW driving tonight and hopefully a chilled one with and a film! Will try baking as I know weekends are our danger zone xxxx

Back