JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

How exciting! I can totally relate too - it's so flippin' stressful! Just looking for something bigger in BTown? xxx

Yes still B Town but potentially the outskirts rather than my beloved Hanover as we want a bigger garden and kitchen. We're at a bit of a stalemate situ at the mo and Bryn is trying, and failing, to dig his heels in about location and style of house where as I am trying to be a bit more open. We can't get our absolute ideal (location and size) as they don't really exist so something has to give. Bryn doesn't really want to move all that much but I do so we will be, haha!

YEY to the car Jess, it looks so cute! Roll on Wednesday when you can get it! Food sounds delish. I'm lucky being right in the city centre too with work which makes health things for lunch easy, especially Brighton City centre. If you're not a GF, hippie type vegan you're a no one around here, haha!! xx

I'm starving but feeling productive at work so don't want to leave yet, so had a Jaffa cake bar for 97 cals! xxxx

That bar got me another hour of work in the bank so don't feel too guilty. Now home to cook a curry and clean clean clean xxxx.

Signing up for an evening 10k in a few weeks and it's a flat course! So James will aim for around the hour mark and I want about the 1:05 mark xxxx

Urgh why do things always get ruined!? My grandma rang last night and asked how much car was, and I didn't want to lie especially as she gave us a grand for deposit. But she's like freaking out and I know my dad will soon msg about it and it's gonna piss me off. We did our research, we can afford it monthly, and ultimately I want a car that's safe and isn't going to break down like all of our others have. I'm upset but can't really tell James as will upset him.

Urgh why do things always get ruined!? My grandma rang last night and asked how much car was, and I didn't want to lie especially as she gave us a grand for deposit. But she's like freaking out and I know my dad will soon msg about it and it's gonna piss me off. We did our research, we can afford it monthly, and ultimately I want a car that's safe and isn't going to break down like all of our others have. I'm upset but can't really tell James as will upset him.

Oh hun, I'm sure their hearts are in the right place but just be strong tell them exactly what you've just said to us. You have researched, budgeted and it's fine and its a joint decision you've discussed with your future husband concerning your future and you are both happy with it!!

If all else fails and they bang on and annoy you, play the safety card as surely they can't argue against the safety of their beautiful daughter/granddaughter!! Don't let it ruin your excited car bubble :) xx

Oh jessy. like same said their hearts are in the right place but it's none of their business!!
if you bring out the safety card they will be pleased you have a new car!

I'm so mad! My grandma has rang my dad in a panic and he has rang in a complete rage - so I gave it straight back, he can talk to me like an adult or i'll give him no respect either! I calmed him down and explained it and even though he isn't over keen he is okay with it. But he used the wedding card initially saying grandma wouldn't help us fund wedding if we didn't cancel the finance! Well fu** them. I don't think that really is the case but if it is then fine i'll just get a loan I'm not arsed .... I think it was more a tactic and he says he'll calm grandma down. I know he gets a panicked call and needs to know more but he is a bit fiery with it lol. I'll forgive them, they're important, but I am upset and I'm sat at my desk crying hoping no-one will notice :( xxxx

Oh poppet. Families and money are such a fiery mix! You and your Dad sound like me and my Mum - we love each other so much but when we clash there are fireworks!! Sounds like you made him see sense and I'm sure everyone will calm down soon.

You're getting a gorgeous new car and planning an incredible wedding with the man of your dreams. Don't cry, princess. Sending you loads of love xxxxx

Oh babycakes - families are a nightmare when it comes to money - it's the same with my mum too - she thinks we should save every penny for the future and not plan things like holidays, new cars etc - but then it's ok when my dad spends £300+ on clothes! :eek:

Your doing the sensible thing and you've worked it out so well so you can show him - your new car will be fab, and your wedding will be an amazing day I can promise you that.

don't cry darling, you know where I am if you need me.
xxxxxxx

Thanks lovelies :) I just knew the wedding card would be played and I think that is totally unfair :(

Anyway I'm fine now and managed to keep it from James. I am having my car and my wedding and if I get no help we will manage together.

It has tired me out though and I just want to talk to my mum! xxxx

I haven't resorted to comfort eating! Win!

Eats for today:
B: Overnight oats, banana
S: Sweet potato brownie (last piece!)
L: Leftover chicken curry and qunioa
S: TBC, either a nakd bar or some melon

DENTIST! :(
BOOTCAMP! :)

D: Something with chicken!

xxxx

Oh Jess, what a start to the day! So proud of you for not comfort eating though babe, that's a TRUE victory!!!
These things will sort themselves out when everyone has had a chance to calm down and think about it rationally.

Food sounding beaut as per! Do you need work done at the dentist or is it just a cheeky check up?
You've just made me remember that I've forgotten to bleach this week! Was trying to do it twice a week in May in advance of wedding season, before each my fast days and I've failed both times!!! hahaha! x

Back