jet's take on a diary !!!

congats on your loss Jet. And thats great news on the new scales. When i bought my new scales they were up by 3kgs which is over 6lbs. I was devistated lol Have a good weekend

Healthy Body Water Percentage Chart
Water is critical to life! This healthy body water percentage chart will help you determine if you have enough water in your system. Many scales will tell you this value in seconds.

Because your fat in your body has a lot of water in it, you have to first know how much fat you have in your body before you can then figure out what your healthy water content is. That is, if you say have 33% fat in your body, then you only need another 37% of water alone, because you have water in the fat. The scales don't count "fat water" as water, otherwise your numbers would get very confusing :)

Luckily, every scale that I've seen that measures water also measures fat, at the same time!

Female Body Water Chart

Body Fat % Body Water%
4-20% ... 58-70%
21-29% ... 52-58%
30-32% ... 49-52%
33%+ ... 37-49%

Male Body Water Chart

Body Fat % Body Water %
4-14% ... 63-70%
15-21% ... 57-63%
22-24% ... 55-57%
25%+ ... 37-55%

So the key here is that as you lose fat, you need to have more water in your system to compensate. Your body will tend to do this naturally for you. That is part of why it's key, as part of any healthy diet, to drink a lot of water. You should never "lose weight" by losing water. That can cause dehydration issues, which can be quite serious!

Body Part Composition
One of my visitors feels that fat is only 10% water while other parts of your body might be 70% water. Yes certainly an eyeball might be mostly water while a fat cell might contain mostly fat and only some water. Still, it is important to remember that there is water / liquid in pretty much every single cell in the body in some percentage. You want to have that water in your body to help relay chemicals and nutrients back and forth. Never try to "stop drinking water" to lose weight. Quite the opposite. The more water you drink, the more your body pees out any excess and has the most optimal metabolism it can to lose weight.

Water and Sweat
One important function of water in your system is to cleanse out your pores. Your skin's pores are like a protective wall, blocking bacteria and dirt from getting into your blood system. You want to flush those pores out regularly. Sweat helps that happen! Find some sort of activity you enjoy - dancing around to music, going for a walk in the woods - and engage in it weekly. If you can, find a sauna to visit. Getting those pores open and flushed is very good for your health!

Well done on your loss Jet, and the spare room!

Very interesting facts about the water too. Think I will monitor mine too.

X

morning all iw ill moiniter my water but compared to the chart sarah found mine is in the correct ratio for the amount of fat i have in my body yehhhhh ....

thanks bren it's an extra bouns

Ooh well done Jet. How do the scales know how much water you have, I dont really get it, how do they know if its fat or water?
I am sorting stuff to put on ebay this week so I can try and get more scales lol

Itll be something to do with density of what it finds when it sends the current through.

Thanks for the info, I need to remember which number is which on my scale.

Ooh well done Jet. How do the scales know how much water you have, I dont really get it, how do they know if its fat or water?
I am sorting stuff to put on ebay this week so I can try and get more scales lol

pass cathy i havent got a clue lol !!!

hey jaqy's they are well confusing i have to stand on them about 3 times to write them all down lol

I love them :) I know from them what I did wrong the day before etc :)....

tomorrow I estimate my weight will be up...body water will be down and fat will be up :eek:....lean muscle mass - anyones guess :) x

morning all ,not been on the scales today ,im still only trying to aim for once a week until i weigh on firday but i may do tuesday just to check my water amount !!!! ive got a new toy (my scales lol )!!!

im sleeping alot better thank god ,i came off my sleeping tablests and realised ive not been sleeping at all friday i was shot at ,so i came home from work ,went straight to sleep on the sofa ,and also rang doc's up for some 10mg sleepers ,i will take these for a month and wean myself off them !!!! it's amazing how the body and mind reacts when we have not had enough sleep ...

so i hope we all have a good day and i will see u all later !!!

this is my longest day of the week working until 4.20 omg !!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day Jet, hope the tablets see you through xx

Hi Jet - ooh which scales did you get?

Back