Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

My two main tips would be:
- the first time is dreadful, but it gets better!
- and, remember your form when you're doing the squats otherwise it's easy to hurt your knees, particularly as Jillian does them at a fairly fast pace. Drop your bum down, as if you're going to sit down in a chair - your knees shouldn't really move except as a hinge. If your knees are more forward than your toes then you're not doing it correctly and you're going to hurt yourself.

i actually cant do it no reason as such i just found it so painful the day after and had troble walking! plus i actually vomited doing it lol! i dont know whyy as i walk quite a bit and did hannah watermans dvd before which is good, but 30day shred is iintense as hell. good luck to all of you , its now at the back of my dvd cabinet, may use it as a mirror to put make up on with lol! i admire u all but its not for me =] xxxxx

I downloaded this today so I might have a go tomorrow... Bit worried now after reading this! But I do so much better with fitness DVDs than I do with the gym/kinect so I'm willing to give it a go.

OK girls, I'm 60 and I've just finished day 5 on level1! Get this dvd! It's wonderful! If you're young then do it every day. I do it every other day (tho I did 1 &2 consectuctively) Yes you walk like John Wayne for a week after starting, but it soon wears off.

Judi, you are a legend!!

Day 2 - completed. It hurt less but more consistently today but I already had better endurance and only stopped once on the way through to grab some water. Im really pleased I restarted this, I can feel muscles in my stomach and they actually work.

Even if you feel you are too unfit, just jump into it and do what you can, it's over in a flash believe me, and you will see improvement by about day 6 or 7.

I found going from the 'easy' workout to the 'medium' one the hardest, but going on to the 'hard' one wasn't actually that bad.

It's great in that it will help set the habit of regular exercise, i remember having a couple of days off when i completed it and i actually missed doing it!

Another tip is to watch the girls' form carefully, make sure your knees are always behind your toes when you squat or you will injure yourself.

GM is a good instructor, she's really motivating. She uses interval training too which is the best for fat burning.

I really did feel like i 'bulked' up though, although my waist shrunk and looked really good, i'v kept the shape even though i don't so it much now.

I wish i could go through all my exercise dvd's and cut the good bits from them and make my own, would definately use the tummy sections from this one.

Hi lovelies! Slipped off this after four days - ow pain ow! But am starting again on Sunday (away tomorrow) and definitely doing the whole 30 days :D xx

Day 3. Bit more achey but recovered physically more quickly tonight. Its the first round of exercises that get me the worst. But I suppose its designed to be that way so you dont feel like you are struggling so much, get the first part over with and the rest seems a little easier.

I could have cheerfully gone for a little lie down after the squat and presses today though. They REALLY burnt by the end.

Just ordered it £4.99 on amazon- count me in! I just hope it's not too high impact on the feet as I broke my foot in September and still have to be very careful with it impact wise :(

I suggest wearing well fitting trainers. I did it barefoot the first time I tried it and it did have a bit of an impact but with trainers on it is fine.

am i a big wuss cos i am not starting until Monday???

I keep reading the reviews and pooping myself! :) I promise i will start on Monday though :) xxx

Yes. :D

Not really, it took me 4 months to restart. Thats a wuss.

BUT.

Yes, the reviews dont paint a picture of Jillian skipping happily along through a forest of daisies and daffodils barely breaking a sweat. But as she says in her dvd - if you want results in a 20 minute workout then you need to work hard for those 20 minutes.

But it does get easier very quickly and you do build strength and stamina very quickly.

My advice would be, have a bottle of water on hand to take sips from on the way through, wear trainers, take a 5 second breather when you need to, follow the "beginner" demonstration moves to start with for at least the first few days, and just tough it out. The sense of achievement after completing the session is incredible.

Oh, and for goodness sake dont even think about watching level 2 until you can fly through level one relatively effortlessly. DO NOT think "I will just have a look at that and see what happens before I have a go". Just go in blind and leave it as a surprise.

I really think its going to be something i can do....and i think the inch loss discussed and the toning will be something i can really do with!!!

Monday will be here in.....well.....25 hours!!!

I know its not gonna be rainbows and butterflies....i will be prepared - :) xxx

Shes actually very good at keeping you going. She kind of instinctively knows the points where you will be flagging and says something useful that gives you a push. You may swear at her during the proceedings, I find that helps.

Hi guys, have just got this video from Morrisons on Saturday as everyone raved about it on here sothought I'd give it a go.

So will start later this morning and let you know how I get on.

No need to be scared! I'm doing it and I'm 60.

Starting stage 2 tomorrow :-/ Wonder what swear words I will be inventing!! :-D Tummey seems smaller tho after just a week!

Back