Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Planning on buying this on Wednesday, fianlly pay day!

What weights do you need??

Am i wrong to be excited?! Sure this will ware off once ive tried it!

I will update on day 1 progress next week! xx

I use 2.5lb weights that i purchased from Argos :D

And I did day 2 today! Feel a little bit achey but not too much lol. Is it just me who struggles with the bicycle exercise - I swear a look like a turtle who's fallen on its back and can't get back up :rolleyes: Thankfully no one watches me exercise lol

Last edited:
Mine has arrived. Eeek, will start it tonight once my daughter is in bed. I'm scared

I use my boyfriend's weights with the actual weights taken off. So probably hardly anything! But I didn't want to try too much too soon.

I don't have any weights yet, I sold my old set years ago......any suggestions on a substitute before I can afford to buy new ones?

I started this morning and nearly puked once- but it probably not the best idea in your jamas and trainers after a cuppa and 2 steroid tablets lol
I enjoyed it and only shouted at her twice lol. I think my weights are too heavy though- they are 3kg and quite chunky
Looking forward to seeing some results fast :)

So, am I right.. ..? You do level one over and over until you can do what well hard girl does: (the one on the right of the screen) then move onto level 2? I just got 1 on my iPod you see!
I can't even do one press up so I think I might take a while! Lol

I don't know really, I was just going to go until level 1 felt easy.

Kind of feeling like I can't be bothered to do it today... Today will be day 4. But I'll push myself.

I don't know really, I was just going to go until level 1 felt easy.

Kind of feeling like I can't be bothered to do it today... Today will be day 4. But I'll push myself.

I'm doing the same PinkToastie - But wow do i feel being achey today (Just did day 3) lol Its not bad bad but i am sore - Ahh Well will have to just work through it :D

I'm sick of her though! I turned the volume down so I didn't have to hear her. Plus she says 'look, they don't even cheat" but when they're doing the forward lunges and she's talking to the easy girl, the hard girl stops lunging! Haha!

I'm sick of her though! I turned the volume down so I didn't have to hear her. Plus she says 'look, they don't even cheat" but when they're doing the forward lunges and she's talking to the easy girl, the hard girl stops lunging! Haha!

Haha i swear that the easy girl even does an eye roll at that point aswell - Always makes me laugh but i agree with you! Its ok Toastie we will get it done and hopefully see the benefits at WI on Sunday :D

Ooohh i don't know how you can workout without any sound - How about some loud 'motivating' music to help sound out Jillian :p. I personally need her talking or i'd struggle to get through lol

I think there's an option in the menu where you can turn off Jillian's instructions if you just want it with the music.

Day two complete and my boobs are killing lol. I guess it's the muscles behind my boobs not my actual boobs lol
I am enjoying doing it first thing so knowing I've done a big chunk of exercise for the day. My mum was laughing at me though cos I'm walking a bit funny lol

Just about to do day 3 with a teeny little twinge of hangover (!) and absolutely dreading it :( however I do know I will feel amazing afterwards and have promised to blow dry and straighten my hair properly after the luxurious hot shower that will follow the exercise :)
Then 5 hours training with Slimming World this arvo !

That sounds good Pinpant - there's nothing better than pampering yourself :D

I just done day 4 and i longer feel achey afterwards. Thats not the case while doing it though - those Bicycle Abs Exercise kills me lol so need to work on that.

I did it! It's getting easier already and I'm sure I can see a difference in my tummy already? May just be wishful thinking....
I love it- I love the fact that it's sooo quick and can be slotted into the day no excuses
My 2 year old came and joined in- hilarious!

I'll be doing day 4 today. I had to skip a day yesterday due to family commitments. It doesn't seem too difficult whilst I'm actually doing it, but boy did my thighs ache after the first 3 sessions - I think it's the lunges. I must be exercising bits of me that other dvds don't reach! Looking forward to being able to climb stairs normally again :D

Back