Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Does it have pressups? I can't for the life of me do pressups.

judimac said:
Does it have pressups? I can't for the life of me do pressups.

It does Judi but if like me you have no upper body strength you can do them from the knee which is a lot more manageable. There are two girls that demonstrate each move, one does a modified version so if you are just starting out or not very strong you can follow her instead of the full moves.

my poor lil arms (really small conpared to the rest of me lol) were shakin at the end haha :)

:cry:Hmmmmm did this on monday and i'm already 1lb heavier! :cry:

My diet has been great over the last few days so i know it's not the food.

And you use weights...i tend to tone very fast and used to have a lot of muscle (did bodybuilding...but not to the extent where i look like a man!!!), so am thinking it's my muscle holding onto water that's the cause of the weight gain...yes, even a lb! :eek:

Anyone else felt this way with the shred???

May give it up and just go jogging 3 times a week.

30 day shred

After seeing so many of you mention it-I have cancelled my gym membership (which I rarely use enough to justify the outgoing). I have to give two months notice!!!!
Hopefully this will give me time to work so more fitness into my lifestyle-who hasn't got 20 mins a day?
Go me!
Any tips from folks who are "shredding" already?
x:greenapple:

prepare to hate Jillian Michaels! ha ha ha!
No seriously, it's fine.. but it takes 30 minutes with the warm up/cool down (just incase like me, you get up exactly 21 minutes early on your first day and try it before work :p)

I still can't do reverse crunches without wincing - but will hopefuly get better! good luck hun x

I only managed 3 days on level 1, on day 4 my calves hurt so much I could hardly walk. Couldn't understand why, when I'd already been running a mile at a time for the past few weeks without any problems? Must really start it again as it must have been doing something!

I did it for 3 days in a row but then pulled something in my neck/shoulder, think I must have been holding myself a bit weird whilst doing some of the exercises ..... haven't done it since but really should as I know a few people who swear by it!

So yeah, my top tip would be to try and relax your muscles a bit even when doing the exercises rather than holding yourself really stiff (maybe its just me who adopts that kind of pose tho)! lol

We should all keep this thread going and see how we do.... Who knows, we may all look like demi Moore in 30 days!! :-D Gd luck and keep going, it's my 5th day and I hurt in places I didn't know existed!!
Think I'll move to level 2 next week when my body isn't feeling like I've gone 10 rounds with Tyson! X

Excellent-we can all be Shred support buddies!
I'm tight and opted for super saver delivery on Amazon-so I am probably looking at a wednesday/Thursday delivery!

I did it through August, didn't miss a single day. I lost 7 lbs and about 8 inches. My arms got got bigger though and my thighs looked too muscley, i didn't like it :(

I just rotate it with my other now, it's great for when you are short on time, and the abs sections are amazing, they work really fast.

Good luck all, hope you get the results you want x

Looks interesting, think I'll order a copy, but, I'm not sure how I'll get on, seeing as I'm TOTALLY unfit.... but, unless I try, I'll never get better.... maybe I'll try a less intense DVD first, but I'll order it today, otherwise it just wont happen

Thanks peeps

i am thinking i will take my measurements and not bother with photos!!! how much difference can 30 days really make??

x

i am thinking i will take my measurements and not bother with photos!!! how much difference can 30 days really make??

x

I think everylittle helps-It'll help tone us up and emphasise our fabulous curves.

I'm really into working out-it really does make such a difference.

Elle-I think measurements are a fab idea-I never took my measurements when I first started losing weight at nearly 16 stone-now I am nearing 12 and a half and I really regret it. I do however own my old work trousers still. I should take a photo of me wearing them and stick it in my drawer at work-just a sharp reminder.

Looks interesting, think I'll order a copy, but, I'm not sure how I'll get on, seeing as I'm TOTALLY unfit.... but, unless I try, I'll never get better.... maybe I'll try a less intense DVD first, but I'll order it today, otherwise it just wont happen

Thanks peeps

You have to start somewhere hun. The nice thing about this is that it is in your own home and once you get your confidance up-who knows what you will be doing next? x

Ooo just what u needed a boost to restart 30 ds

I got to day 12 so level 2 it's such a jump from level 1!!

I want to do 30 days solid n want to take measurements b4 n after!

Thing is my knees hurt so much with this they were hurting after a couple of days but by day 12 it was effecting me even when walking so took a break..... That was over 2 weeks ago lol really should start again though

So anybody due to start over the coming few days?

Back