Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

BeckyT said:
I am also inspired!!! I shall be dusting off my DVD!

Well done and keep up the good work! x

Yes come on! :bunnydance: we can do it!

Of course you can ladies!!! Go for it, it is proper hardcore but I try and think of it as half an hour that I am investing in myself every day - I also find thinking about summer clothes helps me hold my gut in and make sure I'm doing it properly!

:talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

on day 3 today, determined to do the full 30 days as its 30 days til my hubby gets home from kenya, good countdown for me :)

So I decided to take a day off yesterday as I'd spent all day traipsing around the west end shopping (my man does LOVE to shop!) and decided to make up for it today. As I'd missed my last level 2 day yesterday, I did level 2 and then level 3 straight afterward. I won't say it wasn't really freakin' hard but I did it and feel such a sense of achievement!! I am HARDCORE!!!! :character00115:

I am woman, hear me ROOOOAAAAAARRRR!!!!

Sorry, just had to share - suspect I won't be able to walk tomorrow!;)

Well done roop
I'm going to order the DVD this week do I need anything else? Handweights or resistance bands? Or just me and the dvd?

You just need a pair of handweights. They use 5lb ones in the vid but I only have 3kgs so used them instead - whatever you can manage really. If you haven't already got some, mine were from Tesco and were a bargain.

I started today and it wasn't as bad as I remember it which is a bonus although I might not being saying that tomorrow when I ache all over!!

What size weights do you all use? I have 3kg ones and I find them v heavy but I have no upper arm strength what so ever! Just wondering whether to stick with them or buy some lighter ones?

i'm starting mine again today! 22 days til my gym opens so need to do something in the meantime. I'm still using water bottles as not got round to getting the hand weights. Xx

Fab idea vixmania. Went to tescos today and they didn't have any weights so will try out the water bottles

I've just got this from play.com after hearing all the raving reviews, I think I'll take a before pic and see if I can notice the difference. Going on holiday on the 6th so may take this with me.. :p Just wondering though, what weights are you supposed to use? I heard that she uses 3-5 lb weights, I have the Davina weights that come in a set of 1.5, 2.5 and 5

Crimson - use what weights you like! I started off with water bottles and moved on to first 0.5kg and then 1kg as I got stronger.

Just got back from hols yesterday and went to weigh in to see my whopping 6lb gain! :eek: It's fine, I'm cool with that - but it also means I hadn't shredded since last Wednesday and I started level 3 again this morning...
WOWZERS - it was so hard!!! I could feel my belly flapping about!

At least I know if I stick to it now I'll drop that fairly quickly.

my oh my....

omg...ness I don't even know what to say other than i suggest everyone goes out and buys jillian michaels 30 day shred!
i finished it 30 minutes ago and i am so shakey and still sweating! i am by no means fit at all so others may be reading this and thinking im being daft but what a workout! my arms and legs are shaking like mad, just tried to walk up the stairs... got up ok but coming down i thought i was going to topple over! my belly is aching like crazy. £4.99 on play.com and worth every penny! :D

lol it is like that isnt it!!! Wait till you move onto the next level, you just get used to level 1 and them bam!!!!

Helen xx

i dont think i will ever get to the next level! that was so hard. i cant believe how simple yet effective the exercises are... who thought skipping and star jumps would be so hard! i am going to do it for 30 days in a row definatly and stick to the plan 100% and hope for a good loss.

I had amazing losses when I was doing the shred... 2.5lb and 3lb, I think, when I stuck to it and the plan, which is huge for me. Need to start again!!

Back