Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Well, after taking the weekend "off" I think I am once again at the point of abandoning Jillian. I say a weekend off, but I was mixing cement, so still working out, so to speak.

My problem with the shred this time round is that for some reason I am starting to put on weight and I know I shouldn't be, as I am following SW more closely than in a long while. Usually if I see the scales starting to nudge, a couple of strict days on plan brings my weight back down. I am going to amend my ticker, as I feel a fraud that it currently reads
Target reset 20/08/2009 and not lost a bean since!
(Not put any on either, so it's not all bad)

The last part is now a blatant lie as I have put on several beans :D

Last time with the shred my arms seemed to go quite skinny, but this time they look bigger, albeit well toned. I look as if I'm building up muscle on my shoulders and top of my arms, which I absolutely don't want. I know I have lost 1cm from my biceps, but they look bigger rather than smaller. With a sleeveless wedding dress to get into in just over 3 weeks, bodybuilder is not the look I'm after lol.

I'm wondering if the weights I'm using are too big - I'm using 1kg (2lb 2 oz) weights, whereas last time I started with 500g (1 lb 1 oz) weights and upgraded to 1kg half way through.

I think I'll take measurements later on today and then decide between continuing with the shred or switching to Davina's cardio box which gave great results in the arm department.

Anyone else think they are getting too "bulky" from the shred?

Day 4 done. I also skipped over the weekend. Sunday I planned to miss, Saturday was due to oversleeping for my day out with the little people.

Right, I've now done 20 days of exercise in 29 days, 17 of which have been shreds. 10 days @ level 1 and 7 @ level 2.

I had measured myself after 9 shreds and had lost
2 cm off my bust
3 cm off my under-bust/back
1 cm off my waist
2 cm off my hips

After 17 shreds my stats are:
1 cm off my bust :confused:
2 cm off my under-bust/back :confused:
3 cm off my waist :D:D
3 cm off my hips :D
1 cm off my biceps :D

It would appear my weight is shifting around a bit - upwards from the waist lol.

Today I did Davina, which I found challenging and a pleasant change from the shred. I always look forward to doing a Davina, whereas shredding has become a chore to do every day - well, every day I exercise that is ;)

We'll see what happens the rest of the week. Good luck all of you who are sticking at it.

Just got home and as I am not going to aerobics thought I would make the effort and just attempt level 2... OMG can tell the difference sweated lots and love it when she said she wants to to feel like your gargling your heart on the front knee jog thing haha ;-)

Day 2, level three. OMG my obliques, my deltoids, my abs, my quads... everything hurts!

I have ordered this... scared lol should be here tomorrow... Am I going to puke lol lol

Aahhhrrgghhh really scared now lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have ordered it too should be here tomorrow same as yours foxy Im scared my husband said he is going to force me to do it as well as he is fed up of me buying exercise stuff and it laying unused!

Well done for getting to day 5!

Mine arrived this morning and is still sitting in its cellophane must hide it from my husband lol

Day 1 Level 1 done oh dear oh dear I have just nearly died!!!!

Its really made me realise though that 8 months ago i used to be able to do 3 classes at the gym body attack, legs bums and tums and aqua aerobics one after an other I really need to get myself sorted!!

i am also a sweaty beast, just done day 7 of level 1. its amazing, i can do the cardio based turbofire workouts no problem, but this kills me everyday with the weights that are incorporated. i will complete the 30 days though if it kills me lol

katty said:
i am also a sweaty beast, just done day 7 of level 1. its amazing, i can do the cardio based turbofire workouts no problem, but this kills me everyday with the weights that are incorporated. i will complete the 30 days though if it kills me lol

I know what u mean...I do two 1 hour aerobics classes a week and biking at least once a week but this 20 minute work out knackers me out haha. x

I'm back from my course and you will be slightly terrified to know that I ACTUALLY brought my DVD, weighs and mat to the course.

I have done day 7 of level 3. :D

I am almost done!

Back