JoanneM's Diary - over 8 stone gone!

Hi Heidi,

Im just trying to eat my soup at the same time I cook for the kids in the hope that saves me feeling the urge to pick at their food. Seems to be working for me. I have to say though I couldnt allow a takeaway in the house - thats going a step too far. Although they do get a chippy every week but its eaten in transit so that doesnt bother me as much.

Hopefully once youre in ketosis (should only be another day or 2) it will supress your appetite and get easier for you.

cheers joanne
Think it's just one of those days - it'll get better! having my veg and lump soup at the mo - couldn't face tomato (the only one I haven't tried yet) and it's actually ok. Family have taken pity on me and are going out for fish suppers instead - they will now take them to the beach and sit and eat them there. Needed an extra bar today. Had half extra mid afternoon and am keeping the other to eat during strictly come dancing. It's the simple things....eh??!!:)
heidi x

Day 3 is always a killer for me too but if u get past the next day or 2 u'll notice u feel much better :D xx Ohh and the tomato soup is much better with a bit curry powder added (lol) x

Well I tried the tomato with chilli powder and loads of pepper but it definitely wasnt my favourite to say the least. Managed to get about 2/3 of it down though but dont think Ill be in any rush to have it again. Next time Ill try curry powder though.

First weigh in this morning and I am absolutely delighted to say Ive lost 5.1lbs. That takes me into the 16s for the first time in many years and also means Ive lost over 50lbs making me more than a third of the way there. :D

well done joanne!!!!:D
What a fab first week. You have done brilliantly and if I lose anything like that this week I will be chuffed to bits.
Keep going!

heidi x

Thanks Heidi, I am absolutely delighted. Looking forward to next weeks loss now so I can get my bmi under 40 meaning I will no longer be morbidly obese, just obese, lol.

Well done - fab stuff

xx

Thanks Toots.

Just tried the tomato soup again with a large teaspoon of curry powder and it was actually quite pleasant. So happy I dont have to force it down any more.

Well done on your wi... great result :)

Thanks Toots.

Just tried the tomato soup again with a large teaspoon of curry powder and it was actually quite pleasant. So happy I dont have to force it down any more.

It's bizarre how your taste buds adapt so quickly to cope with a VLCD :p

Well done again

xx

Good that you liked the 'tikka masala' flavour!!! It gives us another choice, doesn't it?
Whats everyones' goals for the coming week?
I want to obviously lose weight at weigh in on thurs, but I have a goal of doing my 'claire from steps' dvd (stop laughing, please!) everyday. It's kind of hard to do it as either the kids or my husband keel over laughing when I try to and we all just dance about to the music looking like total nutters...so, my goal is to try to do the dvd correctly so to benefit myself...!

Brilliant weight loss, well done :)

Good that you liked the 'tikka masala' flavour!!! It gives us another choice, doesn't it?
Whats everyones' goals for the coming week?
I want to obviously lose weight at weigh in on thurs, but I have a goal of doing my 'claire from steps' dvd (stop laughing, please!) everyday. It's kind of hard to do it as either the kids or my husband keel over laughing when I try to and we all just dance about to the music looking like total nutters...so, my goal is to try to do the dvd correctly so to benefit myself...!

My goal is to up the time i do on my rowing machine each day (and to actually do it each day lol). I at the min am doing 15 mins a day (sometimes every 2nd day tut tut)....want to up it to 30 mins by this time next week x

well done on your first weeks loss- you've done really well!! x

Fabulous weight loss- well done :)

Okay I am going to get m,y goal out here too- now I am ovee the first week I am going to re-introduce myself to exercise 3x a week...wii fit, zumba class and an exercise DVD... fingers crossed and for everyone else too!

Thanks all. :D

The only goal I have for this week is to fit into the size 22 suit I bought the other week for an interview on Friday, lol. When I tried it on after buying it fit but was a bit on the tight side so hoping by Friday I can get away with it.

i got some evans boots but they feel a little bit tight (god how fat are my legs before even evans boots are tight!!) so i'm now hoping my legs will be slim enough to wear them soon. i reckon even an inch off my calves would do it. fingers crossed!! its nice to have little things to aim for xx

Back