JoanneM's Diary - over 8 stone gone!

yay! thats great!! i hope to be in the same boat (again...) by the end of this week, i put on 6lb after coming off and hopping back onto *ahem* normal... food (aka bad) so i went back into morbidly obese bmi (what a horrible term that is). but i'm back on track and really ready now. gonna update my diary in a bit :D

its hard to get my mind round thinking that, i have been overweight since i was 8 years old, theres a part of me doubts its possible to be anything other than big!! i genuinely think in my mind i'll lose weight but it won't show, no matter how much i lose. the mind is a funny thing!!

Yeah I know what you mean. I havent been under 15 stone since before I had children. My eldest is now 12.

Add to that the fact that I now have a wardrobe full of size 12 clothes to inspire me but they are absolutely tiny. I really cant imagine ever being able to get into them.

yup tell me about it. i have loads of size 12-14 bits from when i last had a fleeting affair with 13st :D and it just seems a million miles away that those things will ever fit again... but they will! we have to keep plugging on! it's a long time away but i turn 24 in summer next year, if i could buy a size 12/14/even 16 dress for the occasion from a *normal* fashion shop for the occasion i'd be pretty over the moon...

You'll definately be a size 12 by then. And at least youre doing something about it while youre still young enough to enjoy it.

well after seeing what being very overweight did to my grandmother for a lifetime its really shaken me up. i've accepted that i'm 5ft 10/11 and i'm never ever going to be a size 8, my build doesn't allow for that. i've said on here a billion times if i could walk into topshop,pick up a size 16 jeans and know they fit, i'm probably going to be delighted with that. any smaller is a bonus! i don't live a young persons life, i don't want to go out ANYWHERE in case someone makes comments about my weight, i get convinced people won't like me cause i'm overweight, i think people are staring at me etc etc. i really can't wait to be a "normal" size.

Yeah I know what you mean. Earlier this year I was walking down the stairs at my flat and a drunk guy was sitting on the stairs and said "Would you look at the size of that". Probably not the worst thing thats been said about me but it hurt anyway.

Im aiming for a 12 because I want to be slim enough that I will notice pretty much rigt away that Im putting weight on. I feel that any bigger and it will just gradually go on again. Thats my thinking anyway. Although 2 people have now told me that a size 12 is too small. How ridiculous is that?

That said I should probably thank him coz it was that comment along with seeing pictures from my friends wedding that made me decide that this was the time I was going to actually lose all the weight instead of the usual few stone off and more back on.

Last night was a tough one for me. My darling son decided to go to the chip shop and the smell was unbearable. I even considered having half a bar even though I wasnt actually hungry because the smell was driving me insane.

Ieventually made him go into his bedroom to eat and sprayed the entire living room with air freshner to get rid of the smell, lol. It worked though. I felt so much better once I couldnt smell it anymore.

On another completely unrelated note I just got an email from an ex bf who I lived with for 4 years before finding out that he was a liar and a cheat and had pretty much been cheating on me the entire time we were together. He has declared his undying love and says he realises how stupid he was and how much he misses me and needs me in his life.

I must admit it did make me cry but it also made me realise that I am actually genuinely happy with just me and the kids right now. I dont need anyone else in my life especially not someone I could never trust. (Not to mention the fact that I gained loads of weight when I was with him coz all we did was eat and drink, lol).

I know, doesnt stop me wanting it though, lol.

My DD is really doing her best for me bless her. Everytime she eats something and I look at it longingly she tells me how disgusting it is, lol.

I know, doesnt stop me wanting it though, lol.

My DD is really doing her best for me bless her. Everytime she eats something and I look at it longingly she tells me how disgusting it is, lol.
While she drools and scoffs the lot? LOL.

I wish my kids were old enough to care, my youngest is constantly trying to feed me and it's hard pretending to eat it when I just want to bite her hand off ^.^

Yip exactly, lol.

I haveboth of mine well trained. They know even if I beg for a piece of anything they are eating they have to say no. I havent quite reached the stage of strangling them for their food yet though, lol.

I am so with you guys on the kid thing. I have a toddler who DOESN'T eat. I usually try and egg her on a bit by eating bits of hers with her and I can't just now. It is a nightmare!

I actually got a little boost today.

Had an appointment at the job centre about this training course next week and we were talking about starting work. My loan parent advisor said she could help with clothes for starting back if necessary and I said they definitely would be coz Id lost 4 stone and still had at least another 6 to go.

She looked at me in shock and said 'no way!' And that was me without the control underwear on, lol.

So feeling even more determined now. 2 1/2 weeks down only 6/7 months to go, lol.

How is a girl supposed to diet when even in the hairdressers people are sitting eating kebabs and chips right in front of her, lol.

Think Ill go and have my soup now.

Oh kebabs....with chilli sauce......ya dancer!!!!
hope you enjoyed your soup !!!!
I'm going on ebay to help with the clothes situ at the mo - lots of bargains to be had. I don't want to have to spend a fortune on clothes that I hopefully not going to be in for long.

Bugs me that thin folks can get cheaper clothes anywhere but bigger clothes cost a feckin fortune :(

Back