Joanne's Diary...V.Exciting news!!!!!!!!

Well, surprisingly legs are working okay today, phew!! Had visions of me being carried up and downstairs (which did actually happen in previous years!!!)

fair play to u, calorie c. got ur name wrong earlier when u were the first to welcome me to the site.
best of luck with the running, prob walk about 4 miles myself 4 nights a week depending on the weather.

Wow :eek: 4 miles 4 nights a week is a huge amount of exercise! The lbs will be falling of you!!

Well Done you did great...:):):)

I started running 10 wks ago there are a few of us on the WW site following the Running Made Easy book.
I managed a 2 mile run today too and feel great,its amazing how far you come in a short time,3 months ago i wouldnt have even been able to run 100 yds!!! :eek:

Well Done on your weightloss as well.
xx

Thank you! I'm going to check that book out, would I find it on amazon?? Must go and have a nosey!!

Must have a look at that Running Made easy book and see if I can pick up some tips.

What date in May is the 10k event in Glasgow? Might sign up for something like that.

Its sunday the 10th may this year, starts and finishes at bellahouston park and is run mostly round polloksheilds with a few Ks through pollok park. Its good fun!

Oh I want to do that!! how exciting!! Going to do a bit of googling! 10k...couple of times round the block eh? ooh yes I could do that...do they film it? I could run as the croc!!!:D

You should seriosly look into it!! Its gr8 fun. Don't know if they actually film it, think they do parts for the news etc, with your croc on you'd defo make it on camera!!! Last year my friend and I ended up on the front of the official application form. It was a picture taken at the starting line the year before. We were pretty totey, but we were defo there :).

aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!! I'm completely demented today!!!Have spent the whole day sitting in front of this blinkin computer. Got essay due in a week 2moro and as always have left it to the last minute - why oh why do i never learn??!!

However on the brighter side I have managed to sit at home all day and not want to eat myself into oblivion, which is good!! I've managed to stay within my points.

Off to see Bloc Party 2nite at the carling academy, cant wait, it'll be a well deserved changed of scene away from this comp screen.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

x
p.s weigh in day 2moro :cross: have been really good this week so hoping for a loss, will keep you all posted

Well just had wi number 3 and ive managed to lose another 2.5lbs!! Yeyh!! Thats 9lbs in total over the last 3 weeks, im really thrilled!! :D:D

Aww thanks chick!! Im really pleased!! Goin out for another running night 2moro so hoping it'l help with loss. I really enjoy the 10k, the first year I did it I intended just walking it but got into it so much I ended up running, that was one of the most proudest moments I ever had, before then could hardly run the length of myself and even hated the thot of it!!!!

Hope you're havin a good week hun and good luck for wed!! Ive started an official team 6 thread so we can show everyone how fantastic our team will be!!
x

Well done on the weight loss :) You are doing great.

Well done on the weight loss :) You are doing great.

Thanks Lea :) Hope I can do aswell as you have, you've done amazingly well and you're nearly there too!! Fantastic !

x

Out 2nite for run number 2. Seem to be far more motivated this year to get fit for it!! It was an absolutely miserable night yet I still managed to talk myself into going. Figured I should practice running in all types of weather, however living in Glasgow will mean I will be well and truly prepared for running in the peeing rain ha!!

Anyway looking for a bit of points advice from you all. Ive noticed over the last couple of weeks that I tend to use most of my points at tea time. Usually have about 3 for brekkie, 4 for lunch then about 10 or 11 at dinner time. Do you think it will affect weight loss?? I wondered if I should try to spread my points out more throughout the day?? I just find it so difficult to fit in eating during the day. Have a set lunch time that i have to stick to then have an hours drive home after work?? Any advice would be great

x

Hi Hun

Firstly, well done on a fab loss, i ve been a busy bee and must have missed it somehow, thats a mighty fine example you are setting boss!!!!

As for points, i tend to do similar to you but usually about 7 for dinner than any extra points i use for a glass of wine in the evening or snacks in the day if i get peckish. Looking at your losses dont think the way you are doing things is slowing your losses so if it works for you why change it!!!

Donna xx

Hi Hun

Firstly, well done on a fab loss, i ve been a busy bee and must have missed it somehow, thats a mighty fine example you are setting boss!!!!

Lol :D boss ha thats hilarious!! Just hope I can keep it up!

I suppose the way im eating is working or else i wouldn't be losing. Just wonder if its the best way to do it. Ah dunno!!

Anyway have fingers crossed 2moro for ya hon

x

Well done on another great weight loss this week.

And brill on the running front. I am going to look up the 10k run right now...and maybe even sign up

Thanks all for you're continued motivation, its appreciated!

LRO you should defo sign up for it if you fancy it. Its brill!! I was never ever into running before doing 10k couple years ago, its such a great atmosphere on the day and so many people come out to cheer you on, its actually a bit like this site except a bit harder work :D
x

Hey all

Hope everyone is having a successful week. For the first time since starting ww in jan, i feel like I'm not gonny lose this week :sigh: ive not been obsessively weighing myself but you know when you can just tell when you've lost weight. My WI is on Mon and think i'll be disappointed. Ive not gone over my points and been out running but having a "feeling bloated" week.

I'm hoping everyone has off weeks??

Anyway reckon this weekend will be a real test of my willpower. Ive got an essay due for uni on mon and it is driving me absolutely insane. Been trying to do little bits each night after work but bloomin shattered, so will have to blitz it this weekend - not looking forward to it at all!! Usually find sitting at comp all day leads to boredom and boredom for me means eating!! Will have to take minimins breaks to keep me motivated, lol!!

Sorry for ranting on a bit 2nite. Hope everyone has had a good week and enjoys the weekend :D

x

Hi Joanne, I know what you mean on the bloaty feeling - if it is just water or something then at least it will be gone by next week anyway - and you might be very surprised anyway. You have a few days before WI

Thinking minis breaks rather than tea breaks are a good plan.:D

(minis breaks) Yeh thats wot I thot!!! Reckon ive not been drinking enough water over the last few days so will get right back on that too over the weekend.

Hope you're having a good week too. Noticed your up in glasgow this weekend. Hope you have a lovely time!

x

Just taking one of my many planned minis breaks 2day!!! Why is it when you need to do an essay (and i really need to do this 2day!) you want to clean and organise things you wouldn't normally think twice about????

Essays are evil, evil chores that shouldn't exist :banghead:

x

Why do you have to do essays??? You should meet up with us one week when youre free! We normally just have a giggle and a chat over coffee or dinner! its lovely! :)

Back