Johnson up day down day diet!

Well done for getting to 9:00 then :D

BTW, do you like celery? I find it quite filling when I'm hungry. Extremely low cal too. Might be worth stocking up if you like it.

Actually, I'm not eating as much celery as I was, but 'taken' to liquorice wood. Day 4 of eating it and only got through 1/2 a stick:eek: Wonder if that's the cause of my appetite loss:confused:

Celery!!!! Are you kidding me - celery is the food of the devil - it's probably the thing I hate most in the whole wide world ever. So, no I don't really like celery to answer your question :p

but how many cals in your liquorice wood? That sounds much more appetising than celery :D

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi Jan

Oh Poo was writing a lovely long post here and a PM popped up and I ended up confuddled and lost it!:mad:

Off swimming in a mo so will do the best I can in a quick minute.

Wanted to say you are doing great MD and that splitting the packs and keeping busy on the DownDay was great for me to begin with, but very quickly the DownDay's have become second nature to me. I enjoy them and haven't slipped up yet! shh:cool:

I have now started leaving eating fairly late on those days and strategically around my gym activities. I always keep a meal replacement bar with me where ever I go just in case but have hardly ever eaten it. I am really finding I am much more relaxed about eating now on both my Up and DownDays and rarely feel either psychological or physical hunger anymore :confused::)!

I'm very much a breakfast person like yourself but I'm like KD and sometimes once I start eating in the day I can't stop nibbling. I don't mind skipping breakfast at all anymore on the DownDays as I know I can have anything I like for breakfast every other day.:D

Better go I s'pose. Have a good day!:)

Dizzy x

Thanks Dizzy - that's what I'm hoping that it will get easier, certainly today hasn't been quite as hard as Monday, it is still early days after all.

Hope you enjoyed your swim. i think the gym have probably forgotten what I look like by now :eek: I really must get my butt back down there again.

x

It's great to hear how you're doing, Barb and Jan. I am interested to read that you feel more relaxed now that you can potentially choose to eat anything (within reason) and that, over time you actually have less interest in overeating (particularly formerly forbidden foods).

That is what really appeals to me about this diet,that everything is ok but only 3 x a week.

Jane, I see from your tracker that you have lost loads of weight and I had a look at your photos too. You are looking fantastic in your latest pics - so much younger. If you keep on doing what you're doing it won't be long before you can put into practice the JUDDDing yourself.

thanks A-J. Won't be till the end of the summer,but by then there'll be loads of people here very experienced Juddding so I can learn from them all.

Actually, I'm not eating as much celery as I was, but 'taken' to liquorice wood. Day 4 of eating it and only got through 1/2 a stick:eek: Wonder if that's the cause of my appetite loss:confused:

what on earth is Liquorice wood?

".....what on earth is Liquorice wood?...."

Not sure, Jane, but KD will explain?!

Yesterday I had an egyptian tea which had licorice in, at a cafe. It was not strong but left a lovely aftertaste of licorice.

what on earth is Liquorice wood?

liquoricewoodsmallnew.jpg

It's the root taken from the liquorice plant. Tastes a bit like a liquorice flavoured tree :D You sort of chew on it until it gets all manky, then I snip the manky bit off and chew and suck again.

Lasts for ages. I bought 15 sticks and I'm half way through the first one. Wish I had thought of buying some when I gave up the fags.

Good stuff:)

good lord,liquorice root, haven't seen that since I was v small. tastes of tree with an unsweetened liquorice flavour?

What do you chew it for?
Fun?
Food distraction/displacement activity?

Back