Johnson up day down day diet!

Certainly, no trouble at all! Is that any better?

Honestly DQ I don't know what your answer is. I know what mine is - for the first time ever, but we are all so different.

For me this plan feels liberating and I love it, but others feel that way about CD, I think.

Would it help you to feel controlled cal counting on UD's as well as DD's? I say this because you don't trust yourself but surely if you stuck to exactly the cals your body needs on UD's and 500cals on the DD, you would be able to do it without worrying.
I eat all 500 cals, no CD or slimfast, just food! Yes it is fiddly, because I weigh every lettuce leaf and slice of cucumber and if I don't know the cal content for sure then I don't have it. If I get the munchies I have a mini milk lolly, at 30 cals that takes a while to eat and satisfies the sweet tooth and the hunger.

Just a thought, love

I guess that's the secret behind any eating plan - to plan. :read: I need to put some thought into this - thanks Barb.

Hello all you lovely Juddders, just got back from hols and delighted to see the Juddders forum and all your successes so far.

I managed to gain 5lb whilst away so had a DD today, consisting of 3 CD packs and a flatbread cracker (around 25 cals), lots of water and tea (black) too.

I can't go back onto SSing, as my BMI is still around 25 and I find 1000 quite hard, so I'm hoping to give this a go and see how I get on, plus I may use the maintenance side of it too once I've lost the 5lbs.

Been hungry today, having eaten a lot last week I think my stomach has been expecting more, but I'm sure I'll soon get used to it, it's been good knowing that I can eat tomorrow though, that helps, plus yesterday I didn't go into "last supper" syndrome, which is good for me as i still tend to do that, even as a much reformed eater!

So here's to a week of Judddering, I suspect I'll weigh daily - oh who am I kidding, of course I will :p it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Happy Judddering :D

xx

Thanks D-Q, will let you know how I get on :)

I just put my bikini on & stood & looked long & hard in the mirror. There's bulges & bumps everywhere & tonight was a mini-binge when it should have been a down day.:cry:

I will do another week BUT I will use WLR to count cals on DDs and UDs. 500 on DDs, both food & shakes & 1,500 on UDS. I want to lose 4lbs this week.

Only I can do this for myself. I need willpower. I know it works & I know the theory's great. My DDs have been fine (apart from today!) but my UDs have been blowouts & I really need to stop the full-fat high carb rubbish.

So, here's to tomorrow!

I've been reading through this thread with great interest, and I have had a look at the website too, to find out more.

I am learning to maintain my current weightloss at the moment. It is a bit scary because I am worried about lapsing and putting on too much weight. It hasn't happened yet because so far I have been keeping a tight rein, however I relaxed a bit recently and upped the intake roughly every other day, to see what happened. At weigh-in tonight I have lost half a pound. Last week I put on nearly one pound. This is good news for me because I am close to finding my level, I think.

The JUDDing interests me because it takes into account the fact act on different days we will want to potentially eat differing amounts of calories. I mean, a lot of people find that they eat more at the weekend than during the week, so being free to choose up days and down days and working within calorie limits is appealing.

I take on board what KD says about being careful if you have a 'binge' mentality, however I am learning to question myself if I feel the need to eat for emotional reasons, rather than switching off completely, as I used to do. It is sometimes a pain in the bum having to take responsibility for my eating behaviour, but it is always a great relief too, if that makes sense.

At the moment the payoff is much more attractive than wanting to return to scoffing chocolate/ice-cream/anything else that's handy. Being slim and being able to wear normal clothes, and just being comfortable during everyday life, is incredible. I sometimes stop and think "wow, I have wanted this for so long, and now I am living the dream". Does that sound a bit weird?

I sincerely hope that everyone on this thread who is doing JUD finds it helpful and also finds that it takes some of the stress out of dieting. It does sound a so much more flexible system.

Weighed in this morning and am 2½ pounds down, which is great, but not going to get too excited as it may all go back on tomorrow!

Struggling a bit today (UD) not to overeat, feel like I'm eating too much and have that feeling of being a kid let loose in a sweetie shop, I'm allowed to eat, yum :p I woke up hungry, was very hungry when I went to bed last night and so excited at the thought of having breakfast today, but hoping that my body will start to adjust as the week goes on, at the moment it doesn't know what's going on!

x

Yes MD, it will. I am definately noticing that on week 3 I am less inclined to head for the naughty drawer! The DD's are so much easier too. I am on a DD today and so far have only had water - which i am pretty impressed with.
I am also noticing some other side effects of the plan.I am calmer, less edgy, more relaxed and generally happier. It is quite a difference, I am not saying i was a misery before but i just feel better than I did. Also any new diet euphoria must have worn off now, so this is really how I am feeling, huge bonus. My menopause symptoms are much improved and I still feel that i can do this forever! Hurray!!!!!!

You certainly give us all hope Barb, it's wonderful how well this diet is suiting you & I hope it does the same for me.

It certainly puts you in a different frame of mind, in a positive way, I know when I was hungry yesterday and wanted to eat, I didn't give in knowing it was only for a day, it makes such a difference. I would have been a lot more miserable going to bed & waking up hungry with a day of SSing in front of me & hoping and praying for ketosis.

Be interesting to see how the week pans out and what my weight is in the morning!

Take care
x

That is the key, dieting for one day is easy when you knwo you can have what you like the next day. Funny thing is when you can have it, a lot of the time you don't want it any more!
I am finding mini milk lollies a handy nibble, 30 cals and you really feel like you've had a treat! Thats Barb's tip for the day!

Thanks Barb - I'll be checking those out at Tesco's later :)

just saying Hello.
I keep up with this thread but as I'm SSing still don't have a lot to contribute.
Might well do in the future though!

It's great to hear how you're doing, Barb and Jan. I am interested to read that you feel more relaxed now that you can potentially choose to eat anything (within reason) and that, over time you actually have less interest in overeating (particularly formerly forbidden foods).

I suppose this illustrates that it is true what is generally accepted, that as soon as you restrict a certain type of food, you set up an immediate need to have it! Once you take that away, you are left with a free choice, and as you said Barb, as soon as you can have it, you often don't actually want it any more! That is a great position to be in.

Jane, I see from your tracker that you have lost loads of weight and I had a look at your photos too. You are looking fantastic in your latest pics - so much younger. If you keep on doing what you're doing it won't be long before you can put into practice the JUDDDing yourself.

Thanks for that AmandaJayne. I see you are off on your cruise soon. I went on a cruise last year, flew to Venice for a 7 day trip, BA lost our luggage and we got it back 48 hours before we got home again! I wish I had packed my hand luggage with more than a few odds and ends as it was a complete nightmare having no clothes/makeup etc.. Did the formal night on crew uniform! Anyway, sure such a thing won't happen to you but thought it worth mentioning!

Love

Morning Juddders - DD no 2 today, weighed this morning (I know not supposed to but couldn't resist) and am up by just ½ lb, which I'm very pleased as I did feel I ate too much yesterday and had a few things for the sake of it, not because I was hungry. I will have to watch my UD's as I am a binger, but I wasn't too bad yesterday, didn't go absolutely mad but I think having some naughty foods left me feeling like I overate.

Woke up hungry though, but lasted till now (9 am) and have just had half a shake in the hope that splitting my packs will ease the hunger a bit. Plus I may have a salad tonight rather than a third shake as it'll be nice to eat, I'll do some calculations on WLR to see how it all works out calorie wise.

Feeling mentally fine about today though, ready to DD and looking forward to seeing those scales come down a bit more. :)

Good on ya MD. From what I've heard, lots of people find it easier to delay eating on the DDs for as long as possible...preferably until at least mid afternoon.

I know myself, that once I eat something, I start feeling hungry. Not a lot of help if you wake up hungry though.

thanks Karion, I had noticed that but I don't know how people can put off eating till later in the day - that's something I've never managed to do! :p I love my breakfast and love having something first thing, so I find it so hard not to eat in the mornings and getting to about 9:30 is usually the latest I can hang on until. I was up early this morning (5:30) as Georgia was off on a school trip so hanging on until 9 was quite an achievement for me. :D

Just need to keep busy and stop thinking about it.

Well done for getting to 9:00 then :D

BTW, do you like celery? I find it quite filling when I'm hungry. Extremely low cal too. Might be worth stocking up if you like it.

Actually, I'm not eating as much celery as I was, but 'taken' to liquorice wood. Day 4 of eating it and only got through 1/2 a stick:eek: Wonder if that's the cause of my appetite loss:confused:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hi Jan

Oh Poo was writing a lovely long post here and a PM popped up and I ended up confuddled and lost it!:mad:

Off swimming in a mo so will do the best I can in a quick minute.

Wanted to say you are doing great MD and that splitting the packs and keeping busy on the DownDay was great for me to begin with, but very quickly the DownDay's have become second nature to me. I enjoy them and haven't slipped up yet! shh:cool:

I have now started leaving eating fairly late on those days and strategically around my gym activities. I always keep a meal replacement bar with me where ever I go just in case but have hardly ever eaten it. I am really finding I am much more relaxed about eating now on both my Up and DownDays and rarely feel either psychological or physical hunger anymore :confused::)!

I'm very much a breakfast person like yourself but I'm like KD and sometimes once I start eating in the day I can't stop nibbling. I don't mind skipping breakfast at all anymore on the DownDays as I know I can have anything I like for breakfast every other day.:D

Better go I s'pose. Have a good day!:)

Dizzy x

Back