Joined up today!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by mum_of_one, 7 November 2008 Social URL.

1. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

Well today I joined my local WW meeting and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I was shocked at scales :( but really going for it this week. So my weigh in days are Fridays.

Cant wait to get the first week over with. I have set myself a mini goal of a stone by xmas. I hope...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DOWN&OUT

DOWN&OUT Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.8%)
    Best of Luck with your weight loss.. The worst part about the w.w. meetings is just getting yourself there!!! Well done.. :)
    I've shyed away this time, going to try to do it on my own... :) Sure we'll see how it goes!!!!

4. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

Hello, thanks for support. I really nearly didnt as my confidence is zero but I forced myself. I was glad I did as I made a little friend there and we have decided to support each other which is what I really need.

5. DOWN&OUT

DOWN&OUT Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.8%)
    Ya, you can't beat a bit of support... Especially from someone who is going through the same thing as you... :)

The next meeting won't be as hard to go to!! :) You know what to expect now..

6. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    Congratulations on your CD loss, 29lbs is brilliant. Good luck with WW.
    x

7. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

Oh thank you very much dobo. I would like to have done it the fast route with CD but I literally couldnt hack it anymore. I did lose 48 pounds but put lots back on when I started eating again.

I think WW is a more realistic approach for life.

8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

best of luck hun :)

9. mrsm2007

mrsm2007 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.79%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers now slimming world!
    welldone for joining! thats the first step :)

goodluck for your wi next friday :)

10. Anna_B

Anna_B Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Points
    Well done for getting to that first meeting :D

11. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Diet:
    RC
    Glad you went to the meeting - you'll soon have that ticker moving again :)
    xx

12. lea8198

lea8198 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    84.82kg
    Current Weight:
    78.02kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    6.8kg(8.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well done on going to the meeting! That's the first step. I wish i could afford to attend them. I am sure you will do just fine. Good luck for the coming week :D

13. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

Hello all

Day 2 underway and going well. I have come to realise the only way I can physically stick to points is to not start eating till about midday. Otherwise I just go nuts :(

So I had a lovely lunch and I have ten points left for this evening.

I am going to do my step dvd. I wonder how much this burns? How do I find out?

I want choc tonight so will do some workout so I can!

P.s. thanks for support everyone! X

14. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Could you add more vegetables to whatever you are eating? They are both free and filling. I'm not a fully paid up member of the breakfast police but I'm a tiny bit concerned that you're skipping breakfast to save points. You could have a poached egg on wholemeal toast or 2 weetabix with skimmed milk for 2.5 points.

If you are in the habit of eating food that's high in points, maybe it's time to make some changes to that and ban the stuff from the house?

Glad you had a nice lunch though. I count a point for each 20 minutes of exercise. There's a formula for working exercise points out, based on your weight, but I don't know what it is.

15. Lou1973

Lou1973 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    i used to hate it when all my friends nagged me about skipping breakfast but sadly I've never found any research to counter their argument - in fact all the research shows breakfast is the key meal of the day as it breaks the fast and starts your body up to burn calories and therefore fat

As above I'm very much a do what's best for you/works for you type of person but just my personal experience is I lose weight faster if i eat breakfast

16. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

Hiya

Well day 3 going well. This morning I did have breakfast. I have decided to eat fruit first thing as its so low in points and then I have a big mug of tea. So this morning I had 3 satsumas and a small banana.

I dont feel any thinner yet! Boo hoo! Will keep on going.

Lunch was WW soup and a salad and tonight I am not sure yet.

Thanks for all the support. Really looking forward to weigh in on Friday. I hope its a decent loss.

17. smilerjen

smilerjen Has the power of the horn

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ah it sounds like youre doing really well! On my first week I had a sneeky weigh in on the thursday (started the Sunday) and hadnt lost a thing, was so depressed!! Then by the time it came round to weigh in on the Sunday I had lost 5lb! On me, it tends to all come off towards the end of the week rather than steadly thoughout the week.
    i always eat oats so simple for breakie, its only 3 points and really filling! REALLY easy to make too which is good as i am a brain dead zombie in the morning! ha ha!! (never used to eat breakie!)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

Oh smiler you have done well with your losses. I am feeling hungry and my points are up and I want to eat chocolate! I must resist. Its driving me bonkers.

I will have a bath I think or an orange or something.

I am going to get some oatso simple. I will have weetabix tomorrow I think.

Thank you for support X

20. mrsm2007

mrsm2007 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.79%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers now slimming world!
    hey hun - glad your having your brekkie now :)

get yourself an early night and resist temptation - will all be worth it come friday when you get on the scales!

suz x

21. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

Hey, thanks Mrs M (hehe) I am looking forward to weigh in. I just have this dreaded feeling its not going to change but surely it will if I am sticking to it? I think I am just panicking.

Anyway, new day and a whole new load of points! Woohoo!

22. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

If you are sticking to your points hon, there's no reason why you shouldn't see it on the scales. Good luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.