1 shell 180
1 tbsp of light sour cream 20
salsa 0
2 piece of light bread 80
2 tbsp of peanut butter 190
1 tbsp of jelly 50
1 8z glass of prune juice 190

Total 1200

Kinda more like an MD - UD.... but still good! :)

Oh yeah... Plus I walked for 30 mins.

Last edited:
Well done at least the DDs turn into MDs and not UDs. Thats the best thing about this diet if you do need to change the days around then you can. Hope your game of cards goes alright tonight and you have a good time

Day 40 UD

Coffee

Im not gonna really count calories today.......

I walked for 30 mins today.....

I am switchin WI to Sunday, since tomorrow is suppose to be my WI and it got messed up by havin to switch today to an UD (when it is suppose to be my DD) .......

Be back later! :)

Thanks MJT!!! We love playin cards!!! Its lots of fun! :)

Hi Jolinarr, I also recently returned to an Alternate Day Diet.
I like the way you post your daily food intake.
Looking at another's food is interesting and helpful.
For the present I've decided to also post my DownDay food here in the Diaries.
For the past 5 years I've used a software food journaling program to log in all my food every day,
and it gives me calorie counts and other nutritional values.
It is a habit for me now, so I find it easy
to know the calories in what I eat...
,,,even before I choose to eat it.
(Sometimes that even causes me to change what I choose to eat.)

Day 41 DD ---- Ended up being a UD.....

WI day - Sunday....

These past 2 weeks have been horrible!

First we went out of town and it messed my schedule all up.... and I skipped WI because I was afraid I gained weight....

Soooo then on to the next week..... I thought I was gonna do great!!!

However....

Somethin came up each day that caused them to be MDs!!! And then 3 days in a row of UDs....

So today is my WI and I got on the scales worried that I was gonna see a 5lb weight gain... But I didn't!!!!! It was only 1 pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY 1!!!! I was totally happy!!! I have just had 2 UDs!!!! So 1 pound after 2 UDs.... I can totally deal with that! :) (plus that is with a lot of eatin out also!)

Sooo, My goal for next week is back to normal schedule....

M,W,F DDs..... Thurs a MD... Tues, Sat, Sun UDs.....

WI is next Sat.... I hope to lose the 1 pound I gained, plus 1 or 2 more pounds! :)

Day 42 UD

Tomorrow is a DD! Woohoo! :) Can't wait!

Day 42 UD
Tomorrow is a DD! Woohoo! :) Can't wait!
WHAT???? :eek:
It is certain the reverse for me. For me it is:
Down Days = :sigh: Up Days = :)

No I agree with Jolinarr that the DDs are easist - kind of easier to have little than trust your own self control on UDs! I think many of us here find the DDs easier than the UDs but it may just be getting used to things and getting in the swing of it for me. One thing I found was that after a week or ten days of serious DDs then I was not able to eat the same amount on UDs - I just could not fit the food in, I felt so full. Good luck with getting back to normal schedule Jolinarr.

We can get back on track Jolinarr, I'm on a DD today woo-hoo! This week is going to be right back on track for me :D

Day 43 DD

I walked for 40 mins this morning! :)

Coffee with cinnamon - 0

I will stay on track this week! :)

Be back later! :)

Ok... UPDATE EDIT!!~!~!~!~!

Salad (lettuce and dressin - 20, bacon - 70) - 90
2 pieces of light toast - 80
I can't believe its not butter spray - 0
cinnamon and sugar - 15
Applebees Grilled chicken meal (weight watchers meal there) - 370
1 light hot chocolate - 25

Total of ..... 580!!!!!!! I am sooo happy with myself! Woohoo!!!

Last edited:
Im on a DD too and feel more in control. Sounds like we are all committed to a good week:D
Well done on your walk, that should have shifted some calories:)

really hope you can get back to schedule this week
and only a pound gain is brilliant - you were obviously make wise food choices :)

How did it go then girl? Was this the day we all got our acts together again? This website is SO valuable... the chatter about all our DDs yesterday really helped spur me on. Hope it was a good one for you.

Great that you're back on track too, we can do this! Have fun on your ud today :)

Hey yall!!!!!

I already posted this some place else on this site... but Im gonna post it here also! :)

Yesterday we got an invite to go out to eat! I was like "geez, what on earth!!! Can I not have a good DD anymore!?" Sooooo, I was determined to be focused!!!!!

I found out where we were going...... I looked online before we went and I got my food accordingly!

I ended up yesterday with 580 calories!!!!! You better believe I walked out of that restaurant happy with myself! I was happy that I had control, focus, and I had a good DD! :) (Even with going out to eat!)

Ohhh and you better believe it was hard also! ROFL!!!!! Everyone around me was eatin chicken with cheese on it, and hamburgers.... Oh my!!! That food looked wonderful!!!!! I have a favorite meal there, but I totally passed it up.....

My chicken however was pretty good..... The whole meal was 370....
It was a piece of chicken with garlic.... steamed veggies, and a couple of bites of plain potatoes. :) I also had unsweet tea. :)

I AM SOOOOOO BACK ON TRACK!!!! :D :D :D :D

Day 44 UD! :) Woohoo!

coffee 0
1 serving of cereal 110
1 serving of 1% milk 110
1 piece of cheese 60
2 pieces of light toast 80
I can't believe its not butter spray 0
1 tbsp of jelly 50

back later with more! :)

EDIT UPDATE~!~!~!
The rest of the day was a typical UD. :) I got tired of counting though.... :)

Last edited:
Oh wow what dedication - you are back girl! So it proves it can be done. Did you get much grief from your fellow diners or did they not notice you were holding back? The way I figure something like that is that you can always go back on an UD or even the day after - no deprivation lasts longer than one day on this eating plan! Well done - an inspiration to us all. :clap:

Day 45 MD (suppose to a DD)

Coffee
Out to eat for lunch - half of a veggie calzone dipped in marinara, salad with dressing, 1 tiny, tiny piece of cheese pizza, and water. ( a couple of sips of sweet tea, but I only ordered water)

1/2 serving of cereal 50
1/2 serving of 1% milk 55

Total --- I don't know! LOL But it was a good MD.... I still feel good about it......

Since tomorrow is suppose to be an UD and I messed up a little today... Im doing a MD tomorrow, then back on track with Friday being a DD. :)

I hope everyone is doing good!!! :)

Back